Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Calling danaliHD

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 10:54 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Calling danaliHD

It runs,,,well kinda

After almost 2 weeks of just redoing pretty much everything we got her running and made a few quick pulls in 2nd gear.

With 8lbs-dropping to 4lbs at redline it made 450hp/450tq very smoothly.
We still have alot of electrical to fix,dump oil out of intercooler, then switch to 2 bar tuning.But it runs with no exhaust leaks,burnt wires,or major vacuum leaks

Probly a few more days working on it off/on should get it done.

I see hope now
Old 01-11-2007, 11:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there ya go. are the blinkers still flashing when you hit the brakes? that's wild stuff man. hey, maybe leave it like that. i'll tell people it's intentional, lol.

also, do my efans work? he spent a month or so trying to get them to turn on.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:16 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by DanaliHD
there ya go. are the blinkers still flashing when you hit the brakes? that's wild stuff man. hey, maybe leave it like that. i'll tell people it's intentional, lol.

also, do my efans work? he spent a month or so trying to get them to turn on.
Yes,still have blinker problem but I didn't look into it again yet.E-boost still shuts off when the high beams are on ect. ect.

E-fans- no idea.It stayed at 180' on the dyno and we hadd it running for a long time.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:23 AM
TECH Junkie

I love the E-boost ****. That is pretty funny right there. I hope you get it figured out quick Don, because I dont want you all pissed off working on my truck
Old 01-11-2007, 11:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

HAHAHAHAHAAHAH wtf, Dan for half the price i could have done all that **** for you in one day. I can **** up wiring and simple mechanic **** like no tomorrow
Old 01-11-2007, 12:17 PM
TECH Junkie

damb mike...just keep kicking him while he is down.... poor bastard

But on the other hand you could open up your own shop now. "Evil Zone is our name and ******* your **** up is your game" There is your name and slogan. Can I get a job there??
Old 01-11-2007, 01:38 PM
TECH Addict

Don, make sure mike is there when i pick up my truck. I saw all 6 Rocky movies. It's ON biotch.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:40 PM
8 second mod

i cant believe the **** that poor truck got.
take goodcare of it don, goodluck with the fix.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:13 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

After about 28hr's I'm happy to say the trucks starts and runs by itself.No holding the gas to start it.SD 2 bar really helped.We probly blew out 2 gallons of water that was in the exhaust.The wideband is toast of course.I almost gave up since everything I touched or even looked at had something wrong or fell apart
Old 01-11-2007, 02:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
After about 28hr's I'm happy to say the trucks starts and runs by itself.No holding the gas to start it.SD 2 bar really helped.We probly blew out 2 gallons of water that was in the exhaust.The wideband is toast of course.I almost gave up since everything I touched or even looked at had something wrong or fell apart

pfft, thats just your standards, they are too high. That truck ran fine when they made 400 on the dyno.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PurEvl
pfft, thats just your standards, they are too high. That truck ran fine when they made 400 on the dyno.

Exactly, single turbo 408 making 400 rwhp is totally respectable
Old 01-11-2007, 02:29 PM
TECH Addict

HD Denali, my question is where is john from turbo-zone in all this? In the other thread multiple times he posted that although ti was taking a long time to finish the truck he would make sure you were 100% happy with it and he would even drive to your house to fix anything that needed to be fixed...so again where is John? Not trying to get the thread locked but I figured he would at least take a trip to Dez Racing to help get things sorted out...
Old 01-11-2007, 05:49 PM
TECH Addict

I asked him to please bring my motor to Dez and see the truck so Don could show him exactly what had to be fixed so he knew I wasn't lying to him. I'm hoping he'll man up and pay part/all of the bill from Dez.

**** wasn't my fault. why should I pay?

I honestly think Noyzee should pay for it. Just because.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:57 PM
CT Hotness

Just because he's gay, I said it .

Good luck trying to get the money for that Dan. Things like that are hard to go by in court, but I am sure you are taking a lot of pictures and have Don to testify that the problems are a result of mistakes made in John's build, which you paid for to be done the right way (I am assuming all this from what I have read). You should either way have a great case.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:17 PM
TECH Addict

I asked him to please bring my motor to Dez and see the truck so Don could show him exactly what had to be fixed so he knew I wasn't lying to him. I'm hoping he'll man up and pay part/all of the bill from Dez.

**** wasn't my fault. why should I pay?

No I agree 100% and I mean John got in over his head, thats fine live and learn but all he kept spouting off about was how that even though it was taking him a real long time to get it done that it would be top notch, complete, and to your full satisfaction and if not he would DRIVE to your house to fix anything that needed to be fixed. Now if he were to stand by his word I dont think anyone would give him any **** but he basically took your money and gave you a truck that was no where near in good running shape and if he doesnt pay at least half of Don's bill you should certainly file a law suit against him. I mean he seems like he is a knowledgeable guy so I dont see why he cant at least swing by Dez Racing to help Don out (even though Don obviously doesnt need it as he is an outstanding builder) but I mean it seems like he doesnt even give a **** what happens with the truck and thats bullshit. Haha I agree though Noyzee should pay for it after all the **** he has given you about it!
Old 01-11-2007, 08:31 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I updated sponsor feed back with a list of stuff we did.I probly forgot a bunch of stuff but now I'm happy because it runs decent(still needs alot of SD tune)I see hope in the future now
It has really taken longer than I would of ever expected.I'm working as fast as I can but **** is just screwed up everywhere We are trying our hardest to give Dan back a 100% daily driver. I'm just hoping we found everything that was done wrong.
I'll post some pics of fixed stuff soon
Old 01-11-2007, 08:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

i've been reading all these threads on your truck danali and boy i've felt for yeah man, the situation sucked!

Glad you got your truck to slowhawk and he's taking care of everything for yeah, pics look like its coming out nice, should be an animal Just think in two weeks time to....
Old 01-16-2007, 11:40 AM
TECH Addict

lol, i love that i just got an email 30sec ago saying someone replied to the thread. um, a little slow are we not ls1tech, lol
Old 01-16-2007, 06:13 PM

TurboZone replied to your thread in the sponsor feedback section too.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

i like how turbo zone was claiming he was negetive in his checking yet hes having turbo sales and **** on here...ummm red flag?