Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Dan's truck part II

Old 03-27-2007, 10:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by badpewter-z
was the unfiring plug the one with the bad wire?
nope. not sure the plug wasn't firing. although that plug wire came off very easy. once i get it back together i'll know if that was the problem.

i'm probably gonna run to advance auto tomorrow after work to get the hose clamps and header wrap spray i need. especially cause they now have a really hot chick workin nights over there who's into drag trucks.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

probbly wasnt clipped on all the way and that would explain it. very easy to miss
Old 03-27-2007, 11:08 PM
TECH Addict

man i hope it was that easy. the problem is the track ran kick *** for 2 full days then barely ran all of a sudden. this is easily the 4th or 5th time it's happened. can't explain it.

it literally barely made it around the block today. i was scared.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:22 PM
TECH Addict

LMFAO, i had a vacuum smoke test done today on the truck. Only found 3 BIG vacuum leaks. 2 on the intercooler pipe that *** clown custom made for me. the other was on the throttle body. hmm, gotta get ahold of nick williams to see if he'll fix it.

Anyway, the entire kit is again off the truck. I brought all of the pipes to a local welder who was shocked at what he saw. He was almost speachless at how bad the welds looked. Some of the worst he's seen. That makes me happy. He's gonna re-weld all of it then it's all going to Next Generation Powder Coating to get coated BLACK. They are doing a set of exhaust manifolds for me right now.

So, the truck will be down for a few weeks. I'm gonna order up some new valve covers too cause mine look like someone whiped their *** with them.

I think that's about all for now. It ran great for the 3 miles or so i drove it today. hardly any lag. ya know, the way it should run.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Glad to see you found the last of your problems.....I hope......
Old 04-04-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Addict

ok, just got back from myrtle beach. GOD DAMN everyone has exhaust systems and rims out there. unreal. Anyway, the welder called me today while i was in the ******* at the airport, lol. While laughing he said something along the lines of, ..."every weld was horrible, multiple leaks/holes. the welds were crumbling.....who did this?.... etc, etc." i'm paraphrasing cause i don't remember exactly what he said. He wasn't impressed with TZs welding skills or lack there of.

So, $150 later all the welds are redone and ready for the ceramic coater. I'm going to get the pipes and pay the guy in the am. Should have the coated pipes next saturday. my mother is dropping them off on her way back to westfield and my pops is bringing them up here next weekend when he comes to visit. I'm loving that plan. I don't have to do ****. lol.

And here's a tip for you turbo guys: Don't start the engine with the turbo kit off the vehicle. Oil will spray all over the ******* place. OOPS!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 08:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DanaliHD
And here's a tip for you turbo guys: Don't start the engine with the turbo kit off the vehicle. Oil will spray all over the ******* place. OOPS!!!!!!
You are a Genius
Old 04-04-2007, 08:20 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So,I'm sure your surprised that TZ is not a sponsor anymore
Old 04-04-2007, 09:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Old 04-04-2007, 09:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
old news, old news. i'm still amazed that people like that are allowed to exist. and people like me are stupid enough to fall for their bullshit. oh well, at least i was more in a position to lose an assload of money than alot of guys are. not that i am in a position to lose money, but, you know what i mean.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:10 PM
TECH Addict

Turbo kit is baking as I type. He's going to polish the intake side of the turbo and ceramic coat the back side black. Can't friggin wait. It's going back on the truck on FRIDAY!!!!! $850 total. not too bad.

My issue now is, my Nick Williams TB is still leaking and I don't know how to fix it. Actually, I can't even get it off the truck. all 5 bolts are out but that bitch is not moving.

The new aeromotive pump controller is on the truck. I moved it a little and made a shield for it out of sheet metal. Gonna finish bolting it up tomorrow. (this is to keep water from splashing on it).

The new wideband is installed, looks sweeeeeeeeeet. Went with a wideband commander.

That's about it for now. I'm praying to the gods of shitty luck that my truck runs perfect once i get it back together.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:13 PM
12 Second Club

I thought you were all set months ago?
Old 04-09-2007, 07:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ace68
I thought you were all set months ago?
good one.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:31 PM
12 Second Club

have you figured out the wire problem you were haveing? good time to put in a new harness if you didn't allready fix the issue with that.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:46 PM
TECH Addict

have you figured out the wire problem you were haveing? good time to put in a new harness if you didn't allready fix the issue with that.
we'll find out as soon as i put it back together. There was 1 plug wire that ohm'd out drastically different than the rest. i replaced it. we'll see if that was the problem.

As far as the engine harness. i agree. I want to. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to do. Is is something I could do myself? I was looking at the one Nelson Performance makes.

****, I should have the engine pulled now too cause it's leaking oil from somewhere. rear main seal maybe. Maybe I should have it towed to a local joint and have them do the seal and harness all at the same time. What's another couple grand in labor at this point, lol.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:01 PM
12 Second Club

I don't know about a performance harness I was thinking you could just replace the factory one thats there. I know you can get some at the bone yard for a few hundred. If it's the engine harness I thought you had issues with the main harness in the cab because of a bad radio? As far as the seals don't you have a new built motor in there maybe you still have some coverage on it, if the seals are leaking?
Old 04-09-2007, 08:10 PM
TECH Addict

I don't know about a performance harness I was thinking you could just replace the factory one thats there. I know you can get some at the bone yard for a few hundred. If it's the engine harness I thought you had issues with the main harness in the cab because of a bad radio? As far as the seals don't you have a new built motor in there maybe you still have some coverage on it, if the seals are leaking?
it's a guessing game at this point. Nobody knows for sure what the problem is. We assume it's an electrical problem but who knows. once i fire it up on friday i'll have a better answer. as for the harness, the engine harness is/was dangerously close to the turbo kit, the unwrapped, uncoated turbo kit. **** started to melt. (that was how tz left it, don fixed that part)

the extent of the heat damage is unknown. If it still isn't running right after i put it back together I have no choice but to get it into the hands of a professional.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:49 PM
TECH Addict

well, it's all back together, kinda. I fired it up and there are definately some exhaust leaks . I don't know exactly where from but I think from the manifold on the passenger side. I hope to christ it's nothing on the drivers side because it was a bitch getting the kit back on and i have ZERO interest in taking it back off tomorrow.

the good news is the ceramic coater did a nice job. He pollised my turbo and it looks awesome.

More bad news is my buddy had put my 2 million candle watt spotlight on my drivers seat facing down and when we hooked the battery back up................yeah, lots of smoke. The leather is all fucked up in one spot on the driver's seat. Oh well. It wasn't his fault. It friggin smells though

Looks like tomorrow i'll be firing it up again to see where the leak(s) are.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:31 AM
12 Second Club

it's going to rain hard tomorrow I hope you have a garage at your place.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:26 PM
TECH Addict

well, i gave it my best, but it's time for it to go back to Don/Dez.

contemplating taking the whole ******* thing apart again tomorrow. i just want this to be over. seriously. mental breakdown.

Last edited by DanaliHD; 04-14-2007 at 10:14 PM.

Search this Thread