Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Done.. 13,226 miles stock clutch!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 11:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Done.. 13,226 miles stock clutch!

Did it this passed Friday night. Swapped the burnt stocker for the Spec 3, I had laying around.

Well, I finally did my clutch swap at 13,226 miles on the stocker. It held for 19 passes at the track, 4 of which were on M/T ET Street slicks and with my latest power levels.

There is a video of me smoking it, in this section on my final run for the day at the track on June 30th. Anyhow, it did well for the most part. Still plenty of street life in it for just driving but no good for burnouts or hard pulls whereas it would slip in the higher RPMs. Here are the pics of the stocker and then the pics of the Spec 3, I replaced the stock clutch with. The Spec 3 was saved from my 2000 Trans Am which has about 15,000 miles on it of some pretty hard driving including numerous burnouts, passes at the track, high RPM dumps and just general driving at both 330hp/340tq as well as over 400rwhp/rwtq with 8psi of boost from an STS turbo kit...

Stock... look at those burn marks:

Used Spec 3 cleaned up:

Hoping to be back at the track July 21st!

Last edited by Speedy0009; 07-09-2007 at 12:55 AM.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:52 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Speedy0009
Did it this passed Friday night. Swapped the burnt stocker for the Spec 3, I had laying around.

Well, I finally did my clutch swap at 13,226 miles on the stocker. It held for 19 passes at the track, 4 of which were on M/T ET Street slicks and with my latest power levels.

There is a video of me smoking it, in this section on my final run for the day at the track on June 30th. Anyhow, it did well for the most part. Still plenty of street life in it for just driving but no good for burnouts or hard pulls whereas it would slip in the higher RPMs. Here are the pics of the stocker and then the pics of the Spec 3, I replaced the stock clutch with. The Spec 3 was saved from my 2000 Trans Am which has about 15,000 miles on it of some pretty hard driving including numerous burnouts, passes at the track, high RPM dumps and just general driving at both 330hp/340tq as well as over 400rwhp/rwtq with 8psi of boost from an STS turbo kit...

Stock... look at those burn marks:

Used Spec 3 cleaned up:

Hoping to be back at the track July 21st!
Good luck when you go back You really beat the **** out of that stock clutch
Old 07-09-2007, 01:00 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks. I sure did and now I have to worry about the rest of the drivetrain. It still has plenty of street miles in it that's for certain. It seems the only places where the disc was making contact at all was on the three burn marks. Both the fly wheel and pressure plate had the witness marks from being turned/machined except for the smoothed out blue marks!

I'll hopefully be adding some more pics of the actual install when I get them from my buddies camera.
I drained the Amsoil ATF I had in the trans and replaced it with new Amsoil ATF and it shifts even easier now (the older Amsoil came out just as clean as the new stuff too). Can't wait to get my new shifter in there!! I also flushed the clutch fuild with Valvoline SynPower Brake fluid so no more brown fluid with assembly grease contaminants!