Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

The Church Bells Are Ringing In Marinello

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 07:49 AM
CARTEK Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default The Church Bells Are Ringing In Marinello

So who else watched the Formula 1 race on Sunday?

Best race ever!

3 men go into the final race with a chance to win the title. The underdog, Kimi Raikkonen comes out with the win in Brazil and the World Championship Title for 2007!

Forza Ferrari!
Old 10-22-2007, 08:09 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
So who else watched the Formula 1 race on Sunday?

Best race ever!

3 men go into the final race with a chance to win the title. The underdog, Kimi Raikkonen comes out with the win in Brazil and the World Championship Title for 2007!

Forza Ferrari!
What was the controversy about Fuel??
Old 10-22-2007, 08:35 AM
CARTEK Racing

McLaren is trying to do anything in their discraceful way to win.

The fuel sample from the car finishing 4th 5th and 6th 2 BMW's and 1 Williams Toyota were at first found to be 10C lower then ambient temperature, which is outside of the regulations. However there was no reading taken of ambient temperature inside the car so the no penalty was assessed.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:45 AM
10 Second Club

Question

The fuel sample from the car finishing 4th 5th and 6th 2 BMW's and 1 Williams Toyota were at first found to be 10C lower then ambient temperature, which is outside of the regulations. However there was no reading taken of ambient temperature inside the car so the no penalty was assessed.
And that the results of those penalties/disqualifications could've potentially shaken up the final standings a bit couldn't it have?
I thought I'd heard that it could've possibly given Hamilton a shot at the championship though I don't see how?

And of course Toyota is practically well known for CHEATING in international racing venues so that doesn't surprise me.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:00 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
And that the results of those penalties/disqualifications could've potentially shaken up the final standings a bit couldn't it have?
I thought I'd heard that it could've possibly given Hamilton a shot at the championship though I don't see how?
If the cars that finished 4th 5th and 6th are DQ'd Lewis Hamilton will move up to P4 giving him 5 points. Making his total 112. Kimi's total is 110. This would give Hamilton the Driver's championship.

However, no cheating has taken place, there is no proof of it and the Stewarts have stated that no penalties are to be assessed.

If however a penalty is to be given out, the penalty will only be given to the Constructors, not the driver. BWM Sauber and Williams Toyota will be docked points but not the drivers. This has been set in president earlier this year when McLaren was found guilty in court of cheating by possessing and using 700+ pages of Ferrari data. McLaren's Constructor points were removed giving them 0 points, but the drivers points were untouched even though they raced for a team found guilty of cheating in a car that potentially possessed parts generated from having stolen information.

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
And of course Toyota is practically well known for CHEATING in international racing venues so that doesn't surprise me.
Toyota F1 have never been accused of convicted of cheating, Honda has. However this is irrelevant since the team involved is Williams Toyota. A Williams F1 team who only uses Toyota Engines. Toyota F1 was not involved at all.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:53 PM
12 Second Club

Toyota F1 have never been accused of convicted of cheating, Honda has. However this is irrelevant since the team involved is Williams Toyota. A Williams F1 team who only uses Toyota Engines. Toyota F1 was not involved at all.
I thought when they first got into F1 there was a scandal/accusations of a former head engineer "defecting" (I forgot the team he came from) to work for TOY and bringing (stealing) official technical team documents with him. Much like the current McLaren fiasco.

Besides, the Nippon Giant DID most definitely get caught for cheating in international competition. Granted, it was not F1, but they were caught red handed in the WRC with EXTREMELY BLATANT (though ingeniously well hidden) attempts to bypass the inlet restrictor rules!!

BTW; Congrats to Scuderia for winning championships in F1 AND AMLS GT2. It was a great weekend for the Prancing Horse's tifosi!!
Old 10-24-2007, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Scuderia Ferrari!!!!
alonso can go die in a fire now, that would make my year. he was shitty to his team mate, the sport, and he ripped off the fans with his lies and constant whining. i am glad he didn't win it. he can win all the world championships he wants, the guy is still a piece of **** in my book.