Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

My Neigbor Left Me A Nice Letter About My Exhaust Lol

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 05:58 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love how everyone is assuming that this is written by a woman! LMAO! I would definitely play those odds myself. You need to change your exhaust like she said though, seriously. Get you an x-pipe, spiralflows, and dump it! Be louder and sound better in the process! Then send her a letter saying that you took her demand under consideration and made the appropriate changes.

I honestly switched my set up from what I told you to get here recently. Mostly for the neighbors and some for the wife. It was to loud for the times of the day that I was leaving, it was just a little loud for dd action, and it droned a lot for trips with the wife. I ended up replacing the mufflers with Magnaflow 4x9's and piping it under the axle and out the back. This helped a lot with the drone and it's not NEAARLY as loud at idle and under 2k. It still springs to life on the cold start but it dies down and isn't to bad. I have it in my garage during that time anyways.

Good luck and remember that she's probably the lady that lets her dog sh*t in everyones yard but her own.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:48 AM
Staging Lane

had the same problem no note from the neighbors i got my note from the apartment complex about my car. But i could see where they were coming from i was starting the car at 6:30 in the morning for work and with Slp longtubes Ory and LM1 you could say my car is pretty loud on start up. And since i just moved in and it was about a week later i got the letter i stopped starting my car untill after 8am cause then im not in there noise ord. at that point and they can't do anything about it. LOL just complaints about start up not driving and the kicker is too that my neighbor that lives above me has a fairly loud GTO and not one complaint go figure i guess they don't like Camaro's.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:52 AM
Staging Lane

and my roommate talked to the owner of the complex and she said before they sent the letter they had a complaint before that stating that when i started my car one morining i startled some old lady bad and she fell and broke her hip LOL now i have a nick name of hip breaker with some of my car buddies.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:21 AM

Go buy a harley!
Old 01-20-2008, 08:36 AM
Launching!

lol but like i said im not the neighbor ripping through everywhere i try to be respectful as possible like i said turning my car off EVERY morning and EVERY night and never go past like 1500 rpm. when i make a effort like this to try to be polite and respectful and some one gives me a leter saying this **** when they dont know i do try not trying to scrape my rims coasting down a hill pulling next to a curb with no power steering or brakes, the note is completely ANONYMOUS im gonna ask my mailman lol hes a good friend if he can see who did it but when i left my house yesterday after reading that letter i was so fucken pissed i started it up in front of my house let it warm up revd it a lil and took off hard down the street for the first time in my life lol i so fucken pissed now that i had my exhaust all setup and this happens??? and im in clifton nj 8 blocks away from ttp
Old 01-20-2008, 08:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ughhh post sounds of your exhaust clip in 5.1 and let us hear what it sounds like....lol j/k....I'm guessing you cruise around your neighborhood at 2-3K RPM? That would drone like a ****...
Old 01-20-2008, 08:57 AM
10 Second Club

Incase I missed it where exactly did they leave this letter?? You mention your mail man, did they leave it in your mail box???? Thats federal property and could get them in LOTS of trouble if they did
Old 01-20-2008, 09:11 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We obviously know the best way is for who ever it was to talk to you personally instead of a letter.Then they can explain the concerns that might be something you did not think about and come to a agreement.
I live on a main road and due to the fact there is always F-body's/Corvette's ect in my driveway that some idiots have to rev the **** out of there cars while driving by my house.So far I've found 2 of them and made them look stupid in different ways.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The LM1 does it again!

I wouldn't write any letters back, especially ones with profanity. You'll be asking for trouble.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kill their cat.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
kill their cat.
and then do this too them.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

first thing i would do is get the legal definitions of noise polution and the ordinances related to exhaust volume on limited use or specialty vehicles.
that is your ammo for when they go to the cops, since neighbors like that always do(ask how i know:roll: )
be nice to the neighbor, no need to make it into a big deal. show the documentation proving that your exhaust system is legal and tell them that you do what you can to prevent the noise from being too much of a disruption to the neighborhood, especially at night.
also explain that having a high performance vehicle is your hobby, for better or worse an admittedly loud hobby. asking you to give it up with be the equivalent of telling them to give up golf or whatever they do with their free time.

plsying nice with them will get your further than being a dick. especially once the cops get involved, you can show that you have done what you can to make nice about the situation with the neighbors and amde honest efforts to reach a reasonable resolution. if it ever goes to court a judge is more likely to treat you fairly if you show you are willing to be reasoable about things than if you have demonstrated a history of butting heads with them.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:18 PM
10 Second Club

hahah thats funny.... now dont get me wrong i love loud cars as i have one as well... my neighbor doesnt like me to much as well.... but i see in your sig that you have LTs and a loudmouth....that def makes it raspy and loud... id say sell the ORY and loud mouth and get the Texas TDs itll give it a better deeper sound thats not as bad and gain more power as well.

or just say **** it and dont touch it lol

-brandon
Old 01-20-2008, 07:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cruise night at your house 2008????
Old 01-20-2008, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jrocs00z28
...when i started my car one morining i startled some old lady bad and she fell and broke her hip LOL now i have a nick name of hip breaker with some of my car buddies.
OMG, This is funny I don't care who you are! Hip breaker, lol

BTW -- as long as you aren't purposefully making noise in your car, ignore it. There are things in life to get angry about, this isn't one of them. The note is anonymous so unless you find out who sent it you can't "negotiate" with this person or find out exactly why the noise is so bothersome to them, so they've left you with no option but to maintain the status quo. Good luck and I hope things don't get the po-po involved.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They asked you to fix your "muffler system". You've got no muffler on the car! It probably sounds like a clapped out junkyard parts hauler. I bet you wouldn't have any problems if you put a decent catback on it.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:39 PM
12 Second Club

man, my neighbor complains I don't burnout enough in front of my house and the old lady across the street is too deaf to hear and the other owns an f-body. i sure did luck out
Old 01-20-2008, 09:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by z28convert
man, my neighbor complains I don't burnout enough in front of my house and the old lady across the street is too deaf to hear and the other owns an f-body. i sure did luck out
That would be the perfect neighborhood, street full of LSx/LTx owners who dont mind the noise whatsoever.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:01 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The letter itself is awesome. It seems like somehthing out of a movie.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

i will continue to suggest playing nice, but since you are from jersey, if you decide to have a get together, let us in the NJFBOA know. there are a few slightly louder than stock cars around that could stop by