Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Northeast guys that have been tuned.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 05:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Northeast guys that have been tuned.....

Anybody having any issues? Idling, stalling, surging, bucking, poor fuel economy, spark knocking, check engine light, etc? I have been up in the NE quite a bit and I have retuned MANY cars that have been tuned, some pretty decent but most can be improved upon by a good measure. I believe that I can fix any and all of these issues as well as more than likely pick up more power. I have seen numerous tunes from many different well known shops and I go much further into the tune and try to go the extra mile to offer more. I have never seen a tune that could not have something improved upon. Some shops never take the car on the street to dial in the fuel mixture,(which can be very different from the dyno)and many don't tune the base fuel table.
I get the fuel trims in line which will better the driveability and fuel economy. When I do a dyno tune I also check EVERY car on the street to make sure that the fuel is where it needs to be and that there is no knock on the heavy load of the street in 3rd and 4th gear. I can tune almost anything you can throw at me (1000hp) and I will do my best to get the best driveability possible and tune it as if I were a GM engineer. I do very radical street cars on a dialy basis and feel very comfortable with them. I will do my best to answer any questions that you may have and explain anything and everything if you so desire. I also can port LS2, LSX, LS7 and LS3 manifolds, and all TBs.
If you are interested Please give me a call 813-495-8778 I will be up in Gettysburg, PA. 3/6-12th @ Keiths pitstop. I require a $100 deposit via paypal or credit card to reserve a spot, The typical cost is $375 for a dyno tune plus dyno time $75hr and $300 for a street tune w/ WB 02. I hope to help you guys out I know there are plenty of you.
Thank you and God Bless
Jeremy Formato
Old 02-06-2008, 11:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

u do LT1's?
Old 02-07-2008, 01:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
u do LT1's?

I knew that one was coming!

We LT1/4 guys are the "red headed step child" of the F-body's. Everytime I hear about a good tuner, I give them a call and ask if they can tune OBD II LT1's... and its always, "sorry, we only tune LS1 4th gens"

If you are ever up in the New England area, I'd be more than happy to have you go over my tune, PA is just a bit to far. I'm running TunerCat with a laptop, even got a spare PCM already loaded for a back up (toasted 2 of them before).

Do you supply the WB for a street tune?
Old 02-07-2008, 08:25 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

We do tune LT1's. Jeremy is actually on his way to do a few right now down south. He does use the WB o2 for street tunes. If you have a spare PCM we can do a mail order tune for you. Right now PA is the furthest north that Jeremy does travel.

Shalane Formato
Old 02-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Teching In

so u r saying that the tuners here are not any good???? i read good thing on here about cartek, harris rapd... i will be needing a tune in a few weeks when i get my headers on. what do think i should do???? how much would it cost???
Old 02-08-2008, 08:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have no issues with my Rapid tune. Mikey is the shiznit.
Not to mention, his cars not only make good power, they run good #'s at the track as well which is what is most important to me.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:41 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NBMSS02
so u r saying that the tuners here are not any good???? ???
Thats what I got from it. My nut's still hurt from being kicked in so hard.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its ok slowhawk we still love you!!!

if u did LT1's!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2008, 04:34 PM

Sounds like somebody threw down a ******* glove.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:35 PM

I could not be happier with my tune. Slowhawk did a great job with my SS.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:55 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

decnet info , but kinda harsh to the tuners already here that tune these cars in these conditions EVERYDAY!!!!. i know there are a few bad ones out there but you wont make frineds with posts like this .
Old 02-08-2008, 10:56 PM
Banned

I have never seen a tune that could not have something improved upon.
If you have to come into a section to generalize about the northeast tuners and bash them to try and get yourself some work, you must be hurting for business.

I know my GM dealer is not hurting, since every time I get in one of these "better than everybody elses" tunes the customer ends up buying a PCM because it was locked.

Last edited by TTPMatt; 02-08-2008 at 11:03 PM.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:01 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by TTPMatt
If you have to come into a section to generalize about the northeast tuners and bash them to try and get yourself some work, you must be hurting for business.

I know my GM dealer is not hurting, since every time I get in one of these "better than everybody elses" tunes the customer ends up buying a PCM because it was locked.
zing LOL
Old 02-09-2008, 05:29 AM
9 Second Club

I don't know Jeremey personally but I've heard he's actually a pretty nice guy (and good tuner also). I'm sure he didn't mean to "bash" anyone, maybe just a poor choice of words here. Just trying to sell himself but should've went about it a little differently.

TTPMatt, the post kind of sounds like "We fix what other shops break" if you think about it.
Just making an observation, nothing more.

-Mark
Old 02-09-2008, 08:16 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by tektrans
I don't know Jeremey personally but I've heard he's actually a pretty nice guy (and good tuner also). I'm sure he didn't mean to "bash" anyone, maybe just a poor choice of words here. Just trying to sell himself but should've went about it a little differently.

TTPMatt, the post kind of sounds like "We fix what other shops break" if you think about it.
Just making an observation, nothing more.

-Mark
nah, I think Matt might be talking about a particular tuner over on the cf that often locks tunes
Old 02-09-2008, 10:11 AM
Banned

connecticut: Ya I agree with that. In this instance I am talking about him. Numerous times my customers have called him to get the PCM unlocked and while im standing next to the customer listening to this fool tell my customer that I am a hack yet he's 1500 miles away and my customer that just put a cam in the car can't even get it tuned without spending hundreds.

tektrans: Of course I have that in my sig because it is true. There are a lot of shops near us that aren't on this board that we have had the luxury of fixing and/or doing their ghostwork for since they can't even perform clutch/heads/cam installs on lsxs.

It doesnt say "I FIX WHAT OTHER NORTHEAST SPONSORED SHOPS ON THIS BOARD BREAK" .. which is exactly what this post stated. I don't look to cause trouble on this board by any means, and if anything attacking another fellow sponsor(s) is not a good idea. NO sponsor has come on here and generalized about the northeast tuned cars which obviously are completed by the select NE tuners. And if you look at previous posts, OBVIOUSLY I am not the only one that feels this way. I don't pull punches when attacking my fellow tuners/friends.

Last edited by TTPMatt; 02-09-2008 at 10:19 AM.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:41 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by TTPMatt
It doesnt say "I FIX WHAT OTHER NORTHEAST SPONSORED SHOPS ON THIS BOARD BREAK" .. which is exactly what this post stated. I don't look to cause trouble on this board by any means, and if anything attacking another fellow sponsor(s) is not a good idea. NO sponsor has come on here and generalized about the northeast tuned cars which obviously are completed by the select NE tuners. And if you look at previous posts, OBVIOUSLY I am not the only one that feels this way. I don't pull punches when attacking my fellow tuners/friends.
Splitting hairs a bit IMO but I see your point.
Jeremy definately didn't make any friends here but maybe he'll make up for it down the line.
For the record I'm in agreement no doubt that Jeremy's post was insulting (still don't think he meant to be) and in bad taste, unfortunatley I feel the same way about your
"shop slogan".
Maybe YOU should be more specific about what shops work you are referring to when you say you fix what they break.
Maybe it should say "I DON"T FIX WHAT OTHER NORTHEAST SPONSORED SHOPS ON THIS BOARD BREAKS" yeah..that's a catchy slogan, I like it.
It's my idea but you can use it, it's ok.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Banned

Hey Mark, I needed the line for my new production suspension line coming out soon, so I changed my sig. Now hopefully my "The Kerminator" in the post doesn't offend you, I know it scares you though Haha, too bad I went a different direction would have been fun lining up against your new combo with our 417 NA (Seeing as how we are lighter and you are more cubes would have been very interesting!).
Old 02-09-2008, 11:06 AM
9 Second Club

Now that's a good sport ( LMAO ).
Sig looks MUCH better, nice job!
I am scared, really I am but we could still line up on a Wed night at etown, loser buys the beer.
You're alright Matt.
-Mark
Old 02-09-2008, 11:10 AM
Banned

lol Mark. My new combination won't put us on par anymore, hopefully we'll have our other shop car going soon that will put us back into the same class again.

It would be a pleasure to line up at etown. But only "the beer"? That doesn't sound too fun, how about "the beer(s)"

You're cool Mark. And your car is multipurpose, unlike mine, you will not see the Kerminator roaming on the streets anytime soon...