Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Paf's Dual Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Chef it will probably be too loud with single chambers for pinks, but with the right muffler it would be good to go.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks good.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:42 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The pics makes it look like theres no clearance but there really is alot of room!And yes you could do this same set up with a 315 tire.The whole job takes about a day and a half.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Question

Would like to hear a sound clip, if you have/can post one...I have been thinking about those mufflers also....
Old 04-09-2008, 02:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have PAF duals on my Camaro with Edelbrock mufflers. It sounds awesome, ground clearence is good and it looks great. It's not cheap, but it's definately worth the cost. My suspension set up would not allow an off-the-shelf dual exhaust to fit, and I hate the sound and noise level of bullet mufflers. Tyson built my whole exhaust and he chose to use the Edelbrock SDT mufflers on my car. I'm very happy with the sound of them, and the car is not real loud at idle and cruising around. I'm curious to see what the rwhp difference will be compared to my previous set up.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Chef it will probably be too loud with single chambers for pinks, but with the right muffler it would be good to go.
No way! This system is no louder than my Corsa and ORY setup on my 11.8:1 346 with a low 240 duration cam. Granted it sounds MUCH better, but I honestly can't hear any real volume difference.

This system is top notch, and after several hundred miles of driving now, there are still no rattles (not that I expected that).

The best part of this system is the ground clearance. It's better than the single setup I had. The mufflers aren't visible AT ALL! It looks similar to a SLP Loudmouth from the rear.

I'm looking for a camera with the audio capabilities to do this system justice.

Finally, I have several more pics in the Multimedia section from many different angles, including a shot of the custom X-pipe.

Thanks PAF! Very satisfied customer.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:13 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
No way! This system is no louder than my Corsa and ORY setup on my 11.8:1 346 with a low 240 duration cam. Granted it sounds MUCH better, but I honestly can't hear any real volume difference.

This system is top notch, and after several hundred miles of driving now, there are still no rattles (not that I expected that).

The best part of this system is the ground clearance. It's better than the single setup I had. The mufflers aren't visible AT ALL! It looks similar to a SLP Loudmouth from the rear.

Finally, I have several more pics in the Multimedia section from many different angles, including a shot of the custom X-pipe.

Thank you!we are glad your happy with your exhaust if we can do anything else we can do give us a shout!!
Old 04-10-2008, 10:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28

i didn't know it was your car in the pics.. i bet you are loving the new sound, I cant wait to hear it sometime
Old 04-15-2008, 08:44 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

its deff a sound of its own!!
Old 05-08-2008, 10:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Damn thats exactly what I want....How much did that run ya?
Old 05-12-2008, 09:35 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by SHINER
Damn thats exactly what I want....How much did that run ya?
Like ive said before the so many diffrent combinations that can be done with these exhaust.So its really hard to out a price tag on it till i know exactly what you want.!!
Old 05-12-2008, 11:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Indukted1
Like ive said before the so many diffrent combinations that can be done with these exhaust.So its really hard to out a price tag on it till i know exactly what you want.!!
how about you make a couple pkgs based on your experiences, it would give ALL of us thinking man thats a sweet set up but i bet its a TON of cash when you wont post the price, an idea on how to spend our tax money
Old 05-12-2008, 11:49 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by thechef
how about you make a couple pkgs based on your experiences, it would give ALL of us thinking man thats a sweet set up but i bet its a TON of cash when you wont post the price, an idea on how to spend our tax money
THE PRICE STARTS OFF AT $900.00 THAT GETS YOU A DUAL EXHAUST NOT OVER THE AXLE!AND FROM EXPIRIENCE THEY CAN RUN UP TO $1800.00 OVER THE AXLE!BUT THAT GOES BACK TO WHAT YOU WANT IN MUFFLERS TAILPIPES THE KIND OF METAL AND SIZE YOU USE.And no its not a cheap to do!With the cost of steel rising everyday!
Old 05-12-2008, 05:40 PM
9 Second Club

Here is another PAF 3 inch dual exhaust.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by thechef
i bet its a TON of cash when you wont post the price, an idea on how to spend our tax money
My total cost wasn't too far off a quality y-pipe and high end catback system (Corsa, GMMG, etc). WORTH EVERY PENNY! I like it so much I may soon get rid of the Mufflex on my 3rd gen for this same setup.

speedracer - I saw your exhaust on EFA and looked into PAF because of it. I almost got that identical setup with the Flowmasters mounted where you have your bullets.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:10 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

the y pipe is the thing of the past!!X pipes are where its at now they make the sound of the cars exhaust system!
Old 05-13-2008, 03:43 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I do like that 2nd setup with the cross's borla mufflers, that's almost stealthy, because I bet it would look like a regular borla to the untrained eye if it had borla tips on it.

I just had the exhaust done on my car, nothing fancy like these over the axle setups, it just exit's right behind the door in front of the rear tire under the car. 3.5 inch pipes into a set of flowmaster super 44's Sounds really good, I can't believe how quiet it is, this is probably the quietest setup I have had on the car since I removed the stock catback and went to the Lm.

My local fab guy took pic's, I'll get them up on here when he sends them to me.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:25 PM
11 Second Club

Nice work
Old 09-23-2008, 09:25 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow that is EXACTLY what I want, except 2.5" and an H-pipe. I already have the tips. I'd be willing to supply the mufflers. I'd want it to look EXACTLY over that. How much would it be to do that in stainless steel, 2.5", H-pipe, over the axle, just like it is in your setup?

I'm sure it's expensive, but I could probably get $400-$500 for the Corsa to offset the cost. Maryland's not that far of a drive for me, although if it's a day and a half to rig up the system, I'd be spending the night in my car

Definitely an option for the future.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:33 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
Wow that is EXACTLY what I want, except 2.5" and an H-pipe. I already have the tips. I'd be willing to supply the mufflers. I'd want it to look EXACTLY over that. How much would it be to do that in stainless steel, 2.5", H-pipe, over the axle, just like it is in your setup?

I'm sure it's expensive, but I could probably get $400-$500 for the Corsa to offset the cost. Maryland's not that far of a drive for me, although if it's a day and a half to rig up the system, I'd be spending the night in my car

Definitely an option for the future.

they def do top notch work!! ill be seeing them soon again

Quick Reply: Paf's Dual Exhaust