Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV
View Poll Results: What should I buy?
Motorcycle
17.39%
Moser 9 inch
82.61%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

What should I buy motorcycle or new 9 inch?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should I buy motorcycle or new 9 inch?

I just got my motorcycle license this summer and I really want to get a motorcycle. On the other hand I just put a Spec 3+ into the car and really want to start taking the car to the track. I really do not think my stock rear will last forever if I like taking the car to the strip. So now my dilemma is to buy a motorcycle or take the money and buy a Moser 9 inch. So I ask everyone here their opinions should I buy a bike or get a rear?
Old 09-01-2008, 02:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

buy a rear, motorcycle can come later, plus summers all over. Plus you have no chance that rear will last with 578/628 to the wheels lol
Old 09-01-2008, 09:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got a bike and I'm lovin' it, but with that kind of power you really need a good rear.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:32 PM
Staging Lane

I know summer is over but now is the time to buy a bike you can really get one cheap due to the fact people dont want to store them all winter. I know I need a rear but I dont want to put one in until I take the car to the track and definitely decide that I want to drag race because then I need a cage control arms and tires and wheels. As we all know that is a huge investment and I dont know if i can take that kind of plunge this year with my small cash flow. I guess I should really hit the track this week so I can make my final decision.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:28 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

it depends on what kind of bike your looking for. I might be selling mine if your interested. '06 600rr. If cruising is more your style, GET THE REAR!
Old 09-03-2008, 08:48 AM
Staging Lane

im assuming u wanted to buy a really cheap used bike?
get the rear, ure gonna need it. plus the riding season is almost done. save up through the winter for the bike.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:40 AM
TECH Regular

well, i was going to say bike, then i saw the power you are putting down. you're choices are as follows:

1) buy a rearend
2) buy a bike AND a rearend

either way, you will end up getting the rear.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:01 AM
TECH Regular

buy a bike with a 9inch.
actually I sold my car when I bought my house and bought a bike and don't reget it but I"ll buy another camaro. just depends on how bad you want to ride. I've been riding a bike one form or another since I' 6 so I wouldn't be with out one.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:55 AM
Launching!

I had both and I really enjoyed my bike but I sold it. Insurance and my bike payments were both high and i got in a lot of trouble with the law on the bike. Not to mention, almost being run over by others in there vehicles. With all the money I spent when having that bike for only 1 year I could have put a H/c package and a rear on the car.

just weigh out your options....a bike is fun....but as the old bike saying goes...there are those that have been down and those that are going down.....
Old 09-04-2008, 12:57 PM
TECH Addict

Well the question is can you be without the camaro for an extended period of time? If so then if you find a good deal on a bike get the bike. If your camaro is your main means of trasportation then get the rear as although the bike could serve as your main means of trasportation it sucks riding in poor weather. Its all up to what your situation is.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Staging Lane

I know logic says to buy a rear but as long as I dont put slicks on the car my rear should hold for a bit. I just dont think i am going to have the funds for another year to make the car a legal drag car. With the rear i am looking at another 5000 with a cage, suspension, and other safety equipment. The car is my main form of transportation and if it breaks and I know it will I still need to get around. So in the end I think my best option will be to either buy the cruiser for 2500 or less or get a cheap beater to use but I would prefer the bike more then a beater. However though if the cheap bike never comes around well I guess then I will save till I graduate from college and get the rear and the bike and everything else.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:35 PM
11 Second Club

I'd get the rear personally. You'll find a bike eventually. I like sport bikes personally, but seems like everyone that has one drives it like a dumbass.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:18 PM
TECH Resident

Hmm, tough call. You need to figure out what you want to do with the car for sure. Personally it seems pointless to have that much power and not use some sticky tires, which of course you wouldn't want to get until you have a good rear. Then you need to figure out if it will be just street or street/strip. You might want to get a beater car regardless. I make next to nothing and have a beater, a Formula and a bike. None of them is anything special, but they're mine.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:16 AM
TECH Addict

I would say regardless if its a street or track car get the rear. It sucks babying the car around because your scared of the rear blowing. I had the same issue with my z28. I had full bolt ons and cam and I was so scared of blowing my rear that I would baby it and never really got to launch the car. I sold the car before I got a rear for it but it would have been a lot more fun driving the car if I could have really launched it and got it to grab with some good tires. JMO.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:18 PM
12 Second Club

i would probably buy a bike. just pick up a cheap 10 bolt, and plan on breaking it at the track lol. You might be able to get one run out of it
Old 09-07-2008, 05:53 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the bike.