Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

gumball rally type events????

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 09:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gumball rally type events????

i remember a couple months back a guy on here in a gto i think said something about a rally from pa-fl. i want to know if anyone knows about any of these or where i could find out about them, i would love to join one next year i think it would be a blast im tired of watching video's of them and i want to be in one in the ta. if the guy i was talking about see's this how'd it go and any pics/movies?
Old 09-05-2008, 09:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ighlight=rally
this type of thing and i plan to pm this guy lol.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

all the crazy bastards on this site and no one has done or heard of any of these?
Old 09-10-2008, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think it is more along the lines of, a national forum with so many members who are in law enforcement is not the appropriate place to discuss open and overbearing forms of law breaking.

Even if 99.9% of the cops on the forum agree with the idea, somewhere along the lines 1 that doesn't will hear about. Then you are beat for organizing it and accountable for every expense and crime related to it.

Have a nice day
Old 09-10-2008, 01:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think it is more along the lines of, a national forum with so many members who are in law enforcement is not the appropriate place to discuss open and overbearing forms of law breaking.

Even if 99.9% of the cops on the forum agree with the idea, somewhere along the lines 1 that doesn't will hear about. Then you are beat for organizing it and accountable for every expense and crime related to it.

Have a nice day

what about the whole forum on this site dedicated to it street races and kill stories no such thing as legal street races correct? and there are tons of people that post in there daily. so i dont think the reason no one has posted is due to fear of legal actions. if that is the reason though than please pm me
Old 09-10-2008, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Those are individual actions, not a large organized event planned and carried out on the open forums of the site. The site and it's members are not liable for the actions of individuals unless those actions are discussed and planned on the site with the knowledge of the site owners and admins.

I have a lot of research into this as my name is on a web site. If you are that concerned with knowingly organizing illegal activities on any scale, large or small, go get a domain and have at it. My bet is you will be busted before the first car rolls to the starting line. The police have computers too and they know how to use them.

Just ask those street racers out west that got busted from their own youtube video. lol

-Tim
Old 09-10-2008, 06:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

people do actually set up races on this site and than go carry out on those actions and there are sites set up for these events and the events still go on flawlessly so instead of giving me useless information that i didnt ask for please all i asked is if anyone knows anything we can discuss it through email or how ever anyone feels comfortable again there is nothing illegal about getting a group of people together to cruise through a couple of states and if you watch any of the rally videos the only people that are getting pulled over are the ones that are actually getting caught racing or doing something stupid in front of them the ones that are just riding pass the cops with the camera's pointed straight at them. in my post did it ever ask about ILLEGAL rally's? no it said gumball rally type events
cant find a deffination of gumball but for rally http://www.thefreedictionary.com/rally says nothing about illegal. once again please and if you can't give me any info on any fun events like that than don't bother posting.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

You want to hide behind a definition of the word "rally" when your query is about a specific style of event that is reputed and documented to involve excessive speeds on public roads and is founded on a lifestyle of pushing the limits and the law.

You will note that the millionaire backed Gumball was even canceled this year because of impending legal issues. If your question was about the New England Rally or similar, public road, point to point, cruise, type events my response would have been different.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:58 PM
TECH Regular

I take "Gumball Rally type events" here to mean information about any similar event, like the one referred to in the original post. It's like referring to any window cleaner as "Windex," a name synonymous with a certain kind of product.

The "rally" that you linked to is supposed to be a yearly event, so you'll have to plan it for next year if you're interested. I think Car and Driver still sponsors the "One Lap of America" anually, which has its roots in the old Cannonball Runs. Then there's always the Hot Rod Power Tour. Most of those other rallies are either invitation only, or extremely cost restrictive.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

im lookin for events out of the tristate area. thats the only reason i posted about it and thats why i posted it here. im looking for anything else like drews run where you meet up drive somewhere far and than party like hell i know there are other runs like drews run thats basically what im looking for, i guess i should have posted run instead of rally the gumball rally or bull run is the only thing i could think of. im deffinately signing up for this drews but i want to see if there are more.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Teching In

Im game for next year because I'm too broke to participate in the gumball at any event. So I will be on the lookout and I hope anyone keeps me informed. K thanks

Oh yeah its a rally not a race!
Old 09-11-2008, 02:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

thats basically what this post is for i want people that know about the events to chime in and let me know about some so i can plan to go next year. if i find anymore ill let you know.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:12 PM
TECH Regular

I would love to set up a run to the "Tail of the Dragon" in NC next year. It's been a while since anybody's brought it up. I might be getting too old to "party like hell" but I'm always up for a good road trip
Old 09-11-2008, 07:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

well please keep me updated and let me know how much it'll cost me i know drew's run is $500 a driver and $300 passenger but that pays for the club entrances and hotel room. any kind of runs please let me know the only road trip i've done was when i was in kindergarden and the family took a ride to florida in my moms monte carlo lol.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:56 PM
TECH Regular

You should've made plans to drive out to Indianapolis for the Camaro/Firebird Bash next week I'll be there!

Quick Reply: gumball rally type events????