Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

I Think i am Cursed

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I Think i am Cursed

Ok I had the Right Rear axle bearing go out on me.. So i said ok well i will have it changed and while its being done lets do the gears too.. So i order some 3.73's They get here and the guy puts them in.. 3 times in and out and there Screaming... Said he tried all diffrent sets of shims and they just wouldnt set up.. Ok so i get them to send me a second set but it will take like 2 weeks for me to get them.. screw that i need my car so i buy another set from another supplier and get the original people to refund the first ones i bought..Ok and i get an axle repair bearing to fix the Whole reason i started this in the first place.. Well it doesnt fit.. he cant get it in far enough to get the c-clips on.. SO **** well we sand off any burs and decide to put it back in since the only axles i can find used but good, dont have traction control and mine does.. And 275.00 for a new one is a little out of my current fundage... So the new gears go in says he got a great pattern.. Well there is a little whine on Decel.. So he takes it to another guy (who we ordered the second set from) and he says he can send them back and get another set but i HAVE to replace the Axle, He says that is what is causing it.. SO i say oh well I dont have the cash or Time to waste its almost been 2 weeks.... so i am going to pick it up tonight... All this BS and the axle bearing is still going to make a noise because the shaft is still pitted.. So now i have more Launch because of the new gears but more noise not only from the axle bearing but now whine... I am Cursed!
Old 11-18-2008, 02:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Next time someone on here is selling a rear end cheap buy it so you have a spear so if this **** happens again it will be less time and money just to change the whole rear.