Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

R.I.P. Jimmy Lee Kelly from the PBIR Family

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 09:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R.I.P. Jimmy Lee Kelly from the PBIR Family

It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Jim Kelly. Jim worked at the track for the past couple of years. Jim always worked at the time slip trailer. Jim did enjoy talking with all of the racers as they came by to pick up their time slips. The best spot to see everyone. Jim would congratulate you on your win or a comment on the run. Jim always had a smile going while at the track.

We all would sit down at tech or in the tower at times and talk about everything and anything. I know when i raced in an event i loved to hear "now thats the way to do it"' on a win or he had fun with a bad reaction time on a loss whiched seamed more often than i wanted it to.

I know that i can say for everyone at PBIR that you will be greatly missed Jim.

Services will be at 10 am at the
Glades Funeral Chapel -
1040 N. Main,
Belle Glade Fl 33430
561-996-6122

A collection will be taken up for Jim's 2 sons Kevin and Chris at the track during this weekends events. For those that would like to. Please stop in the tower and see Kelly.

Thank You.

Ed
Old 10-17-2009, 08:01 AM
Teching In

Message from Mike Clark

Jimmy was a great guy to know and work with. I remember so many times when he would look at my time slip and say "you got um!" Unfortunately for me he usually said "Not quite!" That was back when I was racing. Once i started managing the track I had the opportunity to get to know "the time slip guy". Jimmy was humble down on the return road and enjoyed being away from the crowd. That didn't mean he didn't know what was going on though!! If there was a crash, Jimmy just might be the first person on the scene with an extinguisher in hand. On our radios he was the first line of defense. He would be the first person to help you after your run, break the news to you that you lost or at times the first person to say "you need to get a helmet now!!" Jimmy use to always say to me on the radio, "Don't forget about me down here Mike!" Well on October 4th he asked me not to forget about him when the topic of the bikini girls came up on radio. I went right to the pits and grabbed a bikini girl and a golf cart and headed to the return road. She walked up to Jimmy and said, "Mike wanted me to know if I could give you a hand with anything". Jimmy replied with a smile and said, "Oh yea, you sure can!". That's when this picture was taken. Jimmy's last words to me were "Don't forget about me now and I want a copy of that picture!" Well Jimmy, I will never forget about you and that picture will be laid to rest with you today to enjoy for eternity. Let's all remember Jimmy for whatever he meant to us over the years. Jimmy, you will be missed buddy!!

Old 10-17-2009, 12:33 PM
On The Tree

As I mentioned on the other site, "I am stunned!"

I mean he just handed me my slips and we exchanged pleasantries at last Sat's Challenge Race.

Alway's with a twinkle in his eye and an asset to PBIR/MOROSO, I'm sure he will be greatly missed.

My wife and I express our hearfelt condolences to his family and friends/coworker's ,as Jimmy will be in our Prayers.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:00 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

RIP , I remember him from the few times I've raced at PBIR.

Quick Reply: R.I.P. Jimmy Lee Kelly from the PBIR Family