Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Next level Performance?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 07:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya mine wasn't a bolt on car either so Geoff knows his stuff. He was a stand up guy and was willing to explain things to me that he was seeing on his laptop that may effect the car in the long run. Then he was also nice enough to come to the shop way after hours on a saturday to give me my car. You guy that are bad mouthing I find it hard to belive. He will cont. to tune my car as long as he is around.

I am sorry I spit my ceral all over the place $800 for to bawahahahaha. Maybe it was $500 for a tune and $300 to fix **** that was broken. ot me that sound more resonable.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think any one is badmouthing sean. Just every ones diff opinion on there meeting with geoff. Every one is diff and every one has there fav tuner and not so fav tuner.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:28 AM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't dealt with Next Level so I can't comment on that part, but an $800 Tune is insane.

Derek
Old 10-18-2010, 12:11 PM
On The Tree

ive tryed calling a few times and the one time i got through i was told that they were busy and he asked if he could call me back. i said sure but i never heared anything back.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 92slowmaro

but hey you can't please everyone, right?
This. We should all know by now that every shop is gonna have both sides of experience. Honestly, are there ANY shops that have been around for a couple years with nothing but positive feedback?

And, at the $800 tune, I would be mad too, if i spent that much on a tune and didnt run anything short of perfect.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:54 PM
12 Second Club

Sean, sounds like you MAY think you know details but you don't! You ARE out of the loop.

I didn't bash Geoff. I CLEARLY said he was nice and he retunned drivability. Bash would be to continue this. This isn't about me.

I respect Geoff and the works of art that come out of his shop.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:31 PM
12 Second Club

I've tried to avoid putting my 2cents in here but I keep reading and want to share my experience. I've dealt with Geoff twice now, 1st a reared rebuild and 2nd welding in LCA relo brackets. He did a great job on the rearend build nit was under warranty and he evengot me 3.73s. BUT, he was slow on responses and keeping me updated. I basically had to call him everyday (sometimes more than once) to get a response. When I went in he def seemed pre-occupied and didn't seem to care about me as a customer.
Welding in the relo brackets, again good quality work. Had it done in a day. Setting up that day however took more time than it shouldve. And I know the price was average for some places but was still pricey.
So basically IMO, and what you can get from this thread is, it's a great shop, they do good work, but they are over priced and Geoff needs to work on his PR skills, or lack there-of.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Believe me, everyone has had their share of negative and positive experiences. I've dealt with both Geoff and Mike for many years and both are really good people at heart. I stopped going to NLP just because Mike always went the extra mile and backed his work. Geoff ususally did the same until it came to my Yank stall converter ... lack of lock-tite did it in and Geoff chose not to offer to back the work which caused the issues. I had to go the the Chevrolet Dealership to get it corrected ... fortunately, Dave at Yank gave me a great deal on a PT4400, so, it wasn't a total loss.

I didn't press the issue with Geoff, so, it's mostly my fault for now. As a shop owner, you can't always catch every mistake a mechanic makes. It's just unfortunate I decided to move on and spend my money elsewhere. I may go back to NLP soon for some more serious work ... still on the fence. He and Mike are both two of the best tuners and will work with you if you are dissatisfied.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:57 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
Believe me, everyone has had their share of negative and positive experiences. I've dealt with both Geoff and Mike for many years and both are really good people at heart. I stopped going to NLP just because Mike always went the extra mile and backed his work. Geoff ususally did the same until it came to my Yank stall converter ... lack of lock-tite did it in and Geoff chose not to offer to back the work which caused the issues. I had to go the the Chevrolet Dealership to get it corrected ... fortunately, Dave at Yank gave me a great deal on a PT4400, so, it wasn't a total loss.

I didn't press the issue with Geoff, so, it's mostly my fault for now. As a shop owner, you can't always catch every mistake a mechanic makes. It's just unfortunate I decided to move on and spend my money elsewhere. I may go back to NLP soon for some more serious work ... still on the fence. He and Mike are both two of the best tuners and will work with you if you are dissatisfied.
What Jeb said. Geoff did a LT's/pulley/tune on my GTO when it was NA. No complaints whatsoever.

Mike fixed the nightmare that was my GTO after the turbo install and blown motor at the hands of another tuner and has taken good care of me and my LS cars since he came to town 11 years ago. He is not only a builder/tuner, I am also very lucky to call him a friend. I miss having his shop 5 mins from me. NLP is a reasonable alternative for someone that requires local support.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

I love it when people bitch about spending money for labor but would never do their 9 to 5 for free.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

I had my car tuned by Geoff almost 2 years ago. It's a cammed car with a 112 LSA. It's my only car and I've driven it every day to work and school in that time period. I have no complaints about his work. I had one small thing to take the car back to him for and he fixed it no questions asked.

I think some people may not have the experience with working in a shop that I have. I don't drop my car off in the morning and expect it done in 3 hours when the work is extensive and expect to pay next to nothing for the work. Both times I dropped the car off with Geoff I told him to take his time and just call me when it was done. I dropped it off on a Wednesday afternoon and picked it up early Saturday morning MORE than satisfied with the tune. I even had a problem with a misfire due to a spark plug and when he called and told me about it I told him "Do what you have to do." He pulled the plugs and found one to be closed (due to my buddy dropping it lol) and regapped and put it back in to fix the misfire. He only charged me an hour of labor ($90) which is MORE than reasonable considering that spark plugs on an LS1 F-Body calls for 2.7 hours according to All-data.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:34 PM
Teching In

Default No problem Here

Originally Posted by 396D1SS
Has anyone else tried contacting these guys lately?

They don't answer the phone

Anyone know what the dillio is?
I find it mind boggling that you are having problems with Geoff. Are you unique in that regard??
Geoff works on the autos himself. I have found that he is often up on the dyno tuning the cars, if I call him in late morning or in the afternoon. So I call early in the morning (if I have to talk to him), but mostly email or text him. Mostly, I email or text him that way he can do his work during the day without interruption. And, like many small business people, he answers my queries at night when home.

Geoff has worked on 3 Vettes for me over 12 years; a stock engine, Procharged 2005 C6 (534 RWHP), a twin turbo charge, built LS7 engined 2010 Grand Sport (960 RWHP) and now he is installing a D1X, Procharger set up on my 2015 Z06 (RWHP-TBD). Never any problems!!
Old 12-06-2017, 03:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by romeo90626
I find it mind boggling that you are having problems with Geoff. Are you unique in that regard??
You know what's really mind boggling and unique? You responding to a seven year old post.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not really I've had this site put old posts in the new list on me where I end up posting on old posts without noticing.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:41 PM
Staging Lane

NLP still around, I think the answer is yes. Are they in Longwood or Altamonte? I'm getting multiple listings.. Hell, Google Maps says they're a gym! Also. Thanks to whoever bumped this post, I wasn't going to do it for fear of ridicule!
Old 01-10-2018, 06:31 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah they may still be in business but that means nothing. Anyone that does things to my car without asking me first doesn't get a second chance or good press.
Old 02-23-2018, 03:01 AM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They were in Altamonte but moved to Longwood.
Old 03-02-2018, 06:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by romeo90626
Geoff works on the autos himself. I have found that he is often up on the dyno tuning the cars, if I call him in late morning or in the afternoon. So I call early in the morning (if I have to talk to him), but mostly email or text him. Mostly, I email or text him that way he can do his work during the day without interruption. And, like many small business people, he answers my queries at night when home.

Geoff has worked on 3 Vettes for me over 12 years; a stock engine, Procharged 2005 C6 (534 RWHP), a twin turbo charge, built LS7 engined 2010 Grand Sport (960 RWHP) and now he is installing a D1X, Procharger set up on my 2015 Z06 (RWHP-TBD). Never any problems!!

Some people are having issues with him as he apparently seems to dislike working on old camaros... no one here is having any issue w his quality as the man clearly knows what he is doing... just a pitty he seems to ignore people with 3th and 4th gens... I tried to contact them so they can work on my car swap but no response
Old 03-02-2018, 07:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SesiomSummers
Some people are having issues with him as he apparently seems to dislike working on old camaros... no one here is having any issue w his quality as the man clearly knows what he is doing... just a pitty he seems to ignore people with 3th and 4th gens... I tried to contact them so they can work on my car swap but no response
BS.... among other things he did without my permission, he screwed with my tune and lost almost 10hp ... which my tuner had to restore,
Old 03-06-2018, 02:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Whistler
They were in Altamonte but moved to Longwood.
Correct, I have been to the new location. Does great work, but pricey.

Quick Reply: Next level Performance?