LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Florida Members (https://ls1tech.com/forums/florida-members-58/)
-   -   Next level Performance? (https://ls1tech.com/forums/florida-members/1341906-next-level-performance.html)

396D1SS 10-14-2010 07:59 PM

Next level Performance?

Has anyone else tried contacting these guys lately?

They don't answer the phone :confused::confused:

Anyone know what the dillio is?

tictakman 10-14-2010 08:40 PM

It is harding getting a hold of them but they are worth the trouble. I find it best to call right after Geoff opens or an hr before he closes. Ill be picking my car up from there tomorrow so Ill tell him to check his messages.

Z

Trevor.j 10-14-2010 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by tictakman (Post 13992286)
It is harding getting a hold of them but they are worth the trouble. I find it best to call right after Geoff opens or an hr before he closes. Ill be picking my car up from there tomorrow so Ill tell him to check his messages.

Z

i can not stand nextlevel. geoff is a stand up douchebag. i have been there 2 times for questions on tuning and motor work for a friend and every time he acts like he has some where else to be. even after i was about to bring him 5 cars to tune. he also could give 2 shits about f-bodys, but the second you say corvette he gets a hard on and all ears are open. total douch bag!!

CoolSSBoy 10-15-2010 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor.j (Post 13992347)
i can not stand nextlevel. geoff is a stand up douchebag. i have been there 2 times for questions on tuning and motor work for a friend and every time he acts like he has some where else to be. even after i was about to bring him 5 cars to tune. he also could give 2 shits about f-bodys, but the second you say corvette he gets a hard on and all ears are open. total douch bag!!

That is a bummer to hear and unfortunately not the first time I have heard comments similar to these. A shop can be great, but if the communication is not there I feel it is a gamble to deal with them.
I think the OP has a 2008 or 2009 Vette, so I would think they would at least call back. Hmmmmm

RsSean 10-15-2010 03:19 PM

I never had a real issue with them, he will return my messages by the end of the next working day, he onky has a few people that work for him and they are busy from when they walk in till the time they leave. If you are having a hard time contacting him, drive up there and talk to him face to face. Best way to do business anyways

Trevor.j 10-15-2010 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by CoolSSBoy (Post 13995422)
That is a bummer to hear and unfortunately not the first time I have heard comments similar to these. A shop can be great, but if the communication is not there I feel it is a gamble to deal with them.
I think the OP has a 2008 or 2009 Vette, so I would think they would at least call back. Hmmmmm

yes the op does have a c6. but i have heard alot of good things from nextlevel. i was just explaining my experience

396D1SS 10-15-2010 07:40 PM

If I have to call numerous times to a shop then that right there tells me I don't want to do business with them. I know other shops that the owners give me their personal cell phone numbers now thats service. And trevor weather its working on a vette, f body or a yugo all are money is all green brother I wonder why their like that? If their out in the shop and not in the office get a damn cordless phone and put a p.a by it . I have tried numerous times over the last few weeks. I don't have a masters in business management but I can tell you thats not the way I would run my business.

RyanSws6 10-15-2010 08:31 PM

I can say they tunned my car. I even had to go back and he scheduled me in. I agree getting ahold of them isn't easy.

Vettes are EVERYWHERE, a nice shop for what I've seen.

MacGyver 10-16-2010 11:11 AM

I had the same type of experience that Trevor had there. My buddy and I went in to inquire about tuning for his 427ci twin turbo motor that he's putting in an RX7. Geoff basically gave us a "yeah I can tune it" and was just really unresponsive to questions we were asking. I definitely would not do business with them and I try and steer anyone I know that asks about them away.

92slowmaro 10-16-2010 07:30 PM

i have never had a problem with my car. geoff is a great tuner, i as well as anyone i have ever sent there has never complained about the service and or tune hey received. granted you cant always please every one but he tuned my 1992 camaro and will be retuning it on the new set up. he has always sat down with me and answered any and all of my questions. he even sat me in the passenger seat of my car while we did a dyno pull to show me why i needed a new maf sensor and pcm, and why i needed to re-gap my spark plugs.

any car i modify for friends i send them to geoff, and when they dont listen to me and go to another tuner i hear them constantly bitch about how their car drivability sucks ass.

my personal experience when you call him to do work on your car, be ready to have work done, and don't call for a friend, or just to shoot the shit. this is just my two cents.

MacGyver 10-17-2010 02:30 AM

I didn't call there for a "friend" we physically went into the shop to talk to Geoff and he basically blew us off.

13lu91rS 10-17-2010 03:01 AM

i had my car tuned by Geoff, and he did a great job.. customer service is great, hes always answered/returned phone calls.

when the dyno pulls were finished.. he put me in the passenger seat, and we went out on the street with the laptop in his lap and made a few driveability changes.. explaining as we went.

i recommend anyone i know to Geoff at NLP

TheLSgun 10-17-2010 08:53 AM

My car was tuned at NLP also and I was happy with the service. Geoff spent hours tuning my car on the street and the dyno getting everything dialed in. I was having knock sensor problems, but I will be bringing it back when it's all fixed

RyanSws6 10-17-2010 04:39 PM

The tune was 800, but he forgot we did a baseline tune. He's since worked it out with me without me asking. Good, honest people do that.

Trevor.j 10-17-2010 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by RyanSws6 (Post 14002241)
No offense guys at ALL, but all those "positive" experiences seem to have been bolt on cars. HE better know that!

When he did my tune he drove it off the rack and here...I had to go back again due to drivability. Don't know how long ago the tunes were but mine was very recent. He is nice, but not forth coming with info, you got to drag it out. I expected more from a $800 tune.

800 WTF for a n/a tune?

RyanSws6 10-17-2010 05:47 PM

You think a top knotch tune for that right??? I've not had luck with tunners. I got to get into that myself though I built my setup, I'm not half a mechanic since I lack tunning knowledge...can't be that hard.

SILVER 2288 SS 10-17-2010 07:01 PM

MIKE NORRIS FOR PRESIDENT that is all

396D1SS 10-17-2010 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by SILVER 2288 SS (Post 14002812)
MIKE NORRIS FOR PRESIDENT that is all

:usa:

SILVER 2288 SS 10-17-2010 09:58 PM

hes got my vote

92slowmaro 10-17-2010 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by RyanSws6 (Post 14002241)
No offense guys at ALL, but all those "positive" experiences seem to have been bolt on cars. HE better know that!

When he did my tune he drove it off the rack and here...I had to go back again due to drivability. Don't know how long ago the tunes were but mine was very recent. He is nice, but not forth coming with info, you got to drag it out. I expected more from a $800 tune.

lol @ bolt on cars and 800 dollar tune... my tune was done last year, it was heads, cam, intake, 11:1, and built bottom end. yep bolt on car right here, drivability is on point.

as far as mike norris goes, dont even get me started... i've fixed more of his mistakes then i can count... my friend had his h/c/i gto tuned by him and it drove worse than it did un-tuned.

but hey you can't please everyone, right?