Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

could this day get any worse?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default could this day get any worse?

so i just got me a set of weld prostars in. I knew i was gonna have to grind the calipers both front and rear. i was told if i use the 5/16 spacer on the front but i just didnt want to use that big of a spacer. so i started on the fronts two days ago and had to stop cause it was too late. finally i got back to grinding but i decided to work on the rear. so i started working on the rear stopping test fitting and back to grinding. went to test fit one time and the lug got stuck on the stud and sheared off. after i got done throwing some tools. i remembered i saw a video were u can replace the stud but u need to take the brakes off so as i went to take the bracket that holds the caliper on the bolt shears off. after throwing everyhting i had laying around me i decided to just stop and till im stupid. so now it looks like im buying some new brakes, studs, and lugnuts.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

my apartment just got rocked by a tornado if that makes you feel any better.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:20 PM
On The Tree

Damn!...that'll put things in perspective...hope everyones ok atrain.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Damn dude, sounds like to need to add a few cans of PBblast to your inventory.

I did a window motor in a Chevy TB today that i've put off for about 3 years and broke all the upper door panel tabs. Now when the kids shuts the door hard (everytime) i'll be reminded of my mistake lol.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when i did my header swap, i couldnt get 4 of the bolts (2 per side) and i broke a spark plug and my ypipe was about an inch off so it wouldnt bolt up. i had to drive home with open headers and a massive exhaust leak, pay $155 for the ypipe to get cut and welded (i also lost the I pipe somewhere when driving and when i drove it up on the rack, the exhaust got caught and almost ripped everything off) and then another $250 for an emissions tune and to fix the bolts.
everyone has their days...
Old 09-08-2011, 11:51 PM
12 Second Club

My car is coming up on a year of not running cause a head bolt broke off in my block. I feel your pain
Old 09-09-2011, 08:39 AM
Teching In

Ouch...
Old 09-09-2011, 08:52 AM
12 Second Club

I hear ya man ... have to many of those days. Basically anything that is suppose to be simple turns into a couple hour job and extra cost.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:19 AM
On The Tree

dont worry it will work out if you sick to it i thought i was the end of the world when i was swap my cam and dropped a lifter in oil pan but just sit and think dont panic and im sure there is a solution to any problem
Old 09-09-2011, 12:01 PM
12 Second Club

Dude honestly nothing is easy for me on my car and I'm pretty mechanically inclined. The only thing that goes right and as planned is oil change. Thats it. Everything on here that forum members say it 45min usually takes me 2 hours and I would probably break something during the process.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know how that goes, seems everything takes me at least twice as long to do.

I installed braided lines not too long ago, yeah two of the bleed screws didn't want to come loose on the calipers, the bolts included with the brake lines were a joke and snapped, etc.... It was ugly.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:05 AM

befor read this i was gonna go in the morning and grid my calipers for the prostars.. now i am just gonna sell them.. lol
Old 10-12-2011, 02:35 AM
10 Second Club

I'm sorry bro. I LOL'd so hard though ahahahah I wish you luck but I love how you worded it hahaha.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by my bandit
when i did my header swap, i couldnt get 4 of the bolts (2 per side) and i broke a spark plug and my ypipe was about an inch off so it wouldnt bolt up. i had to drive home with open headers and a massive exhaust leak, pay $155 for the ypipe to get cut and welded (i also lost the I pipe somewhere when driving and when i drove it up on the rack, the exhaust got caught and almost ripped everything off) and then another $250 for an emissions tune and to fix the bolts.
everyone has their days...

Whaaaa....!?
Old 10-12-2011, 09:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it was to delete the rear o2s and the cats so i wouldnt be running an SES light... but my o2s are dead so i have one to begin with haha
Old 10-12-2011, 07:57 PM
FormerVendor

Now you know what we deal with on the daily....

Let us know if we can help!

Erik@Lashway
Old 10-12-2011, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

finally finished just last week. i bought another set of lug nuts cause u cant just buy 1. bought all new extra long studs. a new girdle. oil and additive. pulled the axles changed out all the studs (my dad has a press, btw studs r very easy to get out and getting new extra long studs in is a challenge. after i got them all done i found a much easier way to do it. figures). grinded the calipers. did the heater hose mod. cut out the bump stop metal for more clearance. used a bfh to bang the rest of the inner fender. oh and got a new set of bolts for the brakes. i was going to change the brakes on the rear cause of the whole broken bolt issue. turns out the stock rear in my car is so unique that the kit i bought for my car and spent 2 and a half weeks trying to make work will not work on my rear. so i had to return the kit and figured out a way to get the broken bolt out. so yea only took like a month or so.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by atrain59
my apartment just got rocked by a tornado if that makes you feel any better.
is your car okay?
Old 10-12-2011, 10:46 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by bottlefed01z28
finally finished just last week. i bought another set of lug nuts cause u cant just buy 1. bought all new extra long studs. a new girdle. oil and additive. pulled the axles changed out all the studs (my dad has a press, btw studs r very easy to get out and getting new extra long studs in is a challenge. after i got them all done i found a much easier way to do it. figures). grinded the calipers. did the heater hose mod. cut out the bump stop metal for more clearance. used a bfh to bang the rest of the inner fender. oh and got a new set of bolts for the brakes. i was going to change the brakes on the rear cause of the whole broken bolt issue. turns out the stock rear in my car is so unique that the kit i bought for my car and spent 2 and a half weeks trying to make work will not work on my rear. so i had to return the kit and figured out a way to get the broken bolt out. so yea only took like a month or so.
LOLOLO!!! Now you can understand why shops charge what they charge!

PM returned
Old 10-12-2011, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by my bandit
it was to delete the rear o2s and the cats so i wouldnt be running an SES light... but my o2s are dead so i have one to begin with haha
Ahhh... got ya! I was like WTF is he doing DE-tuning his ride for, lol...

Quick Reply: could this day get any worse?