Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Any fbodies in Orlando?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am down for any gm meet i dont really care if stangs are there, but at least something mature not talking smack etc. if your gonna race hit the track theres plenty of options in this state. where im from its 50 bucks just for 3 cars to run. so here its not bad and the tracks arent that far so lets leave the street racing to the ricers. also i dont race here cause like the other guy said most are scared to get theyre a** handed to them by a 15 yr old car. which my car isnt in anyway crazy fast it just has bolt ons and sus. only thing built is the trans, but honestly im tired of seeing the ricers and mustangs and them chasing each other i know theres some real muscle here and a meet would be nice as im new here and i dont know all the ins and outs as far as shops here etc.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I've been in the Casselberry area (about 30 minutes north of MCO on Semoran) with the same car since 1998. I gave up on the street racing when they started impounding vehicles, and traded drag racing for autocross. Haven't hit a show in years due to paint damage; she just doesn't look as good as she did 150K miles ago.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ec_nova
I just hate hanging out with douchebags. There are a lot of cool mustang guys. All ricers are pretty retarded though
Douchebags is the word I'm looking for and that's what I usually find at the brand specific meets. The LS has spoiled people with it's ability to produce power and that has attracted a lot of trolls. Racing is my scene and it works really well because the clocks don't lie and they settle disputes. I'm down for a meet and as a matter of fact Nov 10th Lakeland has a 275 race if anyone's into radial racing.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

I am in and moving back to the Orlando area in Lake Mary. I have been looking for more. The only person I know with a fbody in the Orlando area is ec nova
Old 10-26-2012, 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a few myself,near UCF
BOPC show is this tomorrow at Old town,if it doesnt blow away
Old 10-26-2012, 06:00 PM
Teching In

I have been a part of a all exclusive fbody club before, and we could never really get a lot of new members.. so i started a enthusiast group, it doesnt matter what type of car/truck, just as long as its high performance, we try to keep meets somewhat family oriented so we can bring our wives/ girlfriends,

we all may talk a little smack here and there, but man-up and take it as you dish it out. a track is the safest place to let the talking be backed up.
A ricer is a ricer, but a enthusiast with a foriegn performance car is usually someone thats mature.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:16 PM
Teching In

Im in Clermont on the west side of town and we have a meet here every monday night at the Gators dockside on hwy 50 in Clermont, good mix of cars with a bunch of mustangs, some F bodies and some old school muscle mixed in, good times and there is always some after meet fun to be had. Check it out if u get a chance.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Moving to Merritt Island on the 9th. Car coming down shortly after. Be happy to meet some local people.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Chevyboy454010
i am down for any gm meet i dont really care if stangs are there, but at least something mature not talking smack etc. if your gonna race hit the track theres plenty of options in this state. where im from its 50 bucks just for 3 cars to run. so here its not bad and the tracks arent that far so lets leave the street racing to the ricers. also i dont race here cause like the other guy said most are scared to get theyre a** handed to them by a 15 yr old car. which my car isnt in anyway crazy fast it just has bolt ons and sus. only thing built is the trans, but honestly im tired of seeing the ricers and mustangs and them chasing each other i know theres some real muscle here and a meet would be nice as im new here and i dont know all the ins and outs as far as shops here etc.
Your more then welcome to come out with us on sat. night, just dont be suprised if your asked to run or people going out/coming in from a run.....

There's always a few f-bodys out there with us every weekend, more or less just shoot the **** and hang out......
Old 10-26-2012, 08:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 5.slo
Im in Clermont on the west side of town and we have a meet here every monday night at the Gators dockside on hwy 50 in Clermont, good mix of cars with a bunch of mustangs, some F bodies and some old school muscle mixed in, good times and there is always some after meet fun to be had. Check it out if u get a chance.
i will when i gety the chance clermonts about a hr from me so i guess ill just make it a little trip and bring the wife.

Originally Posted by BottleFedZ346
Your more then welcome to come out with us on sat. night, just dont be suprised if your asked to run or people going out/coming in from a run.....

There's always a few f-bodys out there with us every weekend, more or less just shoot the **** and hang out......
i wouldnt mind this weekend is crazy for me getting married next week and trying to get the car striaght but i will def check you guys out i dont mind a good run just pm me you guys location.

Originally Posted by Bluechevyz28
I have been a part of a all exclusive fbody club before, and we could never really get a lot of new members.. so i started a enthusiast group, it doesnt matter what type of car/truck, just as long as its high performance, we try to keep meets somewhat family oriented so we can bring our wives/ girlfriends,

we all may talk a little smack here and there, but man-up and take it as you dish it out. a track is the safest place to let the talking be backed up.
A ricer is a ricer, but a enthusiast with a foriegn performance car is usually someone thats mature.
i understand everyone talks smack thats the norm everone is passionate about there car but im originally from new orleans and back then ppl ended up with bullets in them. no threats to anyone just saying theyre crazy lol.

Originally Posted by Drew WS6
I am in and moving back to the Orlando area in Lake Mary. I have been looking for more. The only person I know with a fbody in the Orlando area is ec nova
thats cool im lookin to move to the lakemary/heathrow area as well maybe we can all link up and do just a general meet
Old 10-26-2012, 08:43 PM
Teching In

im in melborne we have lots of f bodys
Old 10-26-2012, 08:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think I still have one covered in the garage :-). Working on a few upgrades and getting it back out more...
Old 10-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Moving to Merritt Island on the 9th. Car coming down shortly after. Be happy to meet some local people.
im over in in melborne and i work in merritt island and i know a lot of guys that are in to the lsx stuff
Old 10-27-2012, 08:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 10 Year

Sweet. Look forward to it. I can't work on my car or roomates Fbodies with a broken ankle

How far is Melborne?
Old 10-27-2012, 08:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

In Belle Isle
Old 10-27-2012, 09:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 10 Year

Is Orlando Speedworld the only 1/4 mile track? When is the best time to race there and how is the prep? Strict for having a cage?
Old 10-27-2012, 10:47 AM
10 Second Club

im in melbourne as well.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Orlando Speedworld is a good i like it the prep is ok but not the best
Old 10-31-2012, 05:49 AM
On The Tree

i will when i gety the chance clermonts about a hr from me so i guess ill just make it a little trip and bring the wife.

i wouldnt mind this weekend is crazy for me getting married next week and trying to get the car striaght but i will def check you guys out i dont mind a good run just pm me you guys location.

i understand everyone talks smack thats the norm everone is passionate about there car but im originally from new orleans and back then ppl ended up with bullets in them. no threats to anyone just saying theyre crazy lol.

thats cool im lookin to move to the lakemary/heathrow area as well maybe we can all link up and do just a general meet
Sounds good man, I am up there every two weeks right now but I crash at my moms near Heathrow. Trying to get a house when I do move back in Lake Mary.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Launching!

Its not like we go to a major highway or something.
We find an old backroad surrounded by orange trees in the middle of nowhere.

As for talking smack. There's a few people around that cant handle taking the smack. Only dishing it.
I am making a gm facebook page now.
Said performance group is not for me.

Quick Reply: Any fbodies in Orlando?