Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

The LQ9 is in!!! Need a Street Tune in JAX

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 01:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by marksceta
I was just wondering because I been seeing and hearing of more people having to get someone else to fix his tunes.
I've heard this more than once, by people I trust and that's all I need
Old 04-11-2014, 04:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camar0corey
Got the new ride up and running already eh? Hopefully no more disasters for the poor thing after reading your last thread. That was some bad luck!

Not to turn it into a defend Doc thread, but the guy had definitely helped me out in the past trying to sort out my 24x disaster a couple years back. He was also Navy as an AT I believe so as a former AE I always end up shooting the **** with him when I visit.
Yeah, I had a LQ9 that I bought a while back, slipped in there. I just hope this is the end of the bad luck.... at least for a while

I know Doc has his peeps, but I've just heard too many horror stories from people I trust.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1badSS
I think his screen name is lsxdrag he was located out side of Green Cove? If I remember correctly he came to the meet you planed at the wing place a few years back hope this helps.
Hey there my Brother!

That could very well be him, but it's been so long, I don't recall his name or SN. I'll hit him up though and see what he says.

When I get the WS6 out of the shop I'll stop over

Thanks Bro!
Old 04-11-2014, 04:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wooddaniel
Another vote for Doc here, he did a great job with my car when I took it to him. OP if you feel like driving to Gainesville, Jeremy Formato comes down there once in a while and he'll do a street tune for you. Just shoot him an email, he is on here.
What's his SN, or is it Jeremy Formato?
Old 04-11-2014, 04:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

The the choices are:

Mr. Nitrous @ Redline Performance in Daytona

Hey Mr. Nitrous, do you have references?

============================================

Tony @ Tuners Inc / Huricane Performance

He's over $400, but I just can't afford that, regardless of how bad I would want it. I'm trying to sell more parts and ***** myself out, but trying to get paid by the pound for my fat *** isn't working, lol...!

Jeremy Formato in Gainsville

I need to hit him up and see what he can do.

lsxdrag from JAX

I need to hit him up with a PM too.

What about Frost? Is he still doing those Dual chip tunes?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-produ...s-one-pcm.html

And what ever happened to Mike Norris? He was like the GOTO Guru of Tune, here in Florida, 2 or 3 years back?

Old 04-11-2014, 07:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RONIN LSX
What's his SN, or is it Jeremy Formato?
I think it's Formato@fasterproms. Just google fasterproms and you will see his website. He has tuned 4 of my cars, and always does a great job. Doc did a good job, the only reason I used him once was Jeremy was super busy and I needed my Z28 tuned asap. It was a 383 stroker car with serious idling and surging issues and he corrected them great, and they only charged me 350 for a dyno tune which is really cheap.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:26 AM
12 Second Club

Mr Nitrous tuned my vette after the cam install, he was very cheap and did a pretty good job. It was only a tune to make the car run right so I could drive it home.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:34 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

And what ever happened to Mike Norris? He was like the GOTO Guru of Tune, here in Florida, 2 or 3 years back?
Mike moved to Indianapolis, he periodically comes to FL to tune though.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:05 PM
11 Second Club

Mr. Nitrous is who i'd use.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone know lsxdrag? He hasn't been on for a while and he's local and was doing tuning for Doc back in the day before the falling out, IIRC.

And what about FROST? I know his mail order tunes were real popular back in the day.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:35 AM
On The Tree

ronin your in jax corrrect? pm me. i can give you some advice.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:19 AM
12 Second Club

I was just thinking about this thread a bit ago; why not just save up and get a dyno tune? You're going to have to get one eventually to maximize the potential of the car, unless you are waiting to do some more mods down the road. Even then, most tuners will retune the car for far less when you do more mods.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

I was just thinking about this thread a bit ago; why not just save up and get a dyno tune? You're going to have to get one eventually to maximize the potential of the car, unless you are waiting to do some more mods down the road. Even then, most tuners will retune the car for far less when you do more mods.
Yeah, I want to do L92/L76/Cam mod after I recoup my loss on this go-a-round. I did't want to do anything with the 317/Ls6 setup, not even a tune, but I was told that since I upgraded to the 6.0, from the LS1, and put LT headers on it, as well as pulled the Emissions crap, that I wound need to have it tuned.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:35 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah, I want to do L92/L76/Cam mod after I recoup my loss on this go-a-round. I did't want to do anything with the 317/Ls6 setup, not even a tune, but I was told that since I upgraded to the 6.0, from the LS1, and put LT headers on it, as well as pulled the Emissions crap, that I wound need to have it tuned.
It should run fine honestly as long as you don't dog on it. Does it idle? Does it miss at all? You just want to make sure the A/F isn't too lean.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah it starts up fine and idles. It has open headers so the idle is rough and choppy, but it didn't stall when I drove it. How do I check the A/F to tell if it's running lean?
Old 04-16-2014, 01:28 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah it starts up fine and idles. It has open headers so the idle is rough and choppy, but it didn't stall when I drove it. How do I check the A/F to tell if it's running lean?
Either with a guage, or if someone you know has HPtuners they can. It's honestly probably running rich if that's all that was done to it. You should be fine waiting for a dyno tune if you don't run the car hard. Now if it had a huge cam and other mods, I definitely wouldn't suggest it. You won't be daily driving it will you?
Old 04-16-2014, 01:56 PM
12 Second Club

Keep the car out of high rpms and you should be fine. I have HP tuners but I'm a bit far from you.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Either with a guage, or if someone you know has HPtuners they can. It's honestly probably running rich if that's all that was done to it. You should be fine waiting for a dyno tune if you don't run the car hard. Now if it had a huge cam and other mods, I definitely wouldn't suggest it. You won't be daily driving it will you?
Yeah, for the most part, it will be my DD since my GMC is getting rough. And I was actually going to be headed down to Miami, from JAX, in a week or so, for a week visit.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Roarin_8
Keep the car out of high rpms and you should be fine. I have HP tuners but I'm a bit far from you.
Like I said above, I might be headed down to Miami in a week or so and I'll be coming through Ocala to pick up a Bro and we plan on hitting O-town for some drinks and Strange

Maybe we can meet up
Old 04-17-2014, 12:29 AM
12 Second Club

If I'm in the area sure, might be in NY during that time frame though, only time will tell.

Quick Reply: The LQ9 is in!!! Need a Street Tune in JAX