Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Shop for Headlight Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 10:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Shop for Headlight Upgrade

Guys,

I have wanted to upgrade the headlight system on my car for a while since it is my daily (02 Camaro SS). I know there are a slew of threads and debate on Ls1Tech regarding Halogens vs. Projectors vs. LED, ect... In my opinion, the stock headlights do not provide great visibility, especially for someone with poor vision to begin with. The majority of commentators suggest that projectors are the best option, but many of those conversations are outdated now and I don't know what the best option is. I have very limited time so doing the work myself is not an option. Therefore I am looking for a good place in Central Florida that does this work (more specifically in Orange or Seminole County). The questions become:

1) Do you know any places that do headlight enhancements? Specific experience with these cars would be great.

2) Do you have any real world experience and opinions on the best option for a headlight upgrade?

3) Does the best option involve utilization of the stock headlight housing/lenses or require a totally new set up? FYI, the current stocker lenses are very clear. I also have a second set of stockers that are hazy but could probably be cleaned up if necessary to do some mocking.

4) What would it cost me to have it done approximately?

Basically, my biggest concern is spending money on something that will not provide much difference. I also don't want a cheap ebay set up that I will have problems with shortly down the road. Thanks.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

i've seen a few cars with "angel eyes" headlight upgrades. check those out.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I swapped out the headlights myself for a set of hids with a ddm tuning hid kit, there's a real difference in the brightness compared to stock headlights .
I got a cheap set of headlights so I would go with bls headlights for a better overall setup and it's definitely a diy project
Check out this thread
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...at-camaro.html
Old 05-01-2017, 10:24 PM
Staging Lane

Don't just throw HID's into reflective housings. If you want proper light output do a projector swap. I've done projector retrofits into several of my cars and its always the best route to go man. All you get when you do HID's or LED's in a reflective housing is scattered light that blinds oncoming traffic.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:58 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I agree. Retrofit is the way to go. I hate seeing vehicles with HID bulbs in standard halogen housings, its really a pet peeve of mine. I've tried upgrading to Spyder headlights with the projectors in them.. they aren't too much better than stock. I actually think they're worse and the projector even has a label to indicate that they are only for halogen bulbs, and not HID. My next lighting project was a set of Bi-xenon projectors on my C5. What a world of difference that made. They out perform my wife's CTS with the top of the line HID projectors. I spent a pretty penny on these as they were already assembled and I was naive to how they were set up. After seeing them in person and studying them, they're really not that complicated. I am in the process of working on a retro-fit on my TBSS with mini H1 Bi-xenon projectors. Wiring portion is done, now I just have to mount the projectors in the headlights. I'd be willing to help with yours if my project goes well.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 80 Likes on 57 Posts

get bls best upgrade and investment i ever made, i wish i did this when i daily'd my camaro.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Count of Monte Crlo
Guys,

I have wanted to upgrade the headlight system on my car for a while since it is my daily (02 Camaro SS). I know there are a slew of threads and debate on Ls1Tech regarding Halogens vs. Projectors vs. LED, ect... In my opinion, the stock headlights do not provide great visibility, especially for someone with poor vision to begin with. The majority of commentators suggest that projectors are the best option, but many of those conversations are outdated now and I don't know what the best option is. I have very limited time so doing the work myself is not an option. Therefore I am looking for a good place in Central Florida that does this work (more specifically in Orange or Seminole County). The questions become:

1) Do you know any places that do headlight enhancements? Specific experience with these cars would be great.

2) Do you have any real world experience and opinions on the best option for a headlight upgrade?

3) Does the best option involve utilization of the stock headlight housing/lenses or require a totally new set up? FYI, the current stocker lenses are very clear. I also have a second set of stockers that are hazy but could probably be cleaned up if necessary to do some mocking.

4) What would it cost me to have it done approximately?

Basically, my biggest concern is spending money on something that will not provide much difference. I also don't want a cheap ebay set up that I will have problems with shortly down the road. Thanks.
i believe theres a place called " HID PRO" down off of orange ave near downtown orlando they should be able to steer you in the right direction. last time i looked into it i wanna say it was $100/beam for ballast bulbs labor
Old 05-18-2017, 08:26 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

PITA, but worth it! I say go ahead and attempt it yourself. Here's where I'm @ on my progress:
Name:  F6A9A576-52D6-4CAE-B1AF-573B29BD808E_zpsol4ghzo9.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  110.0 KB
Name:  759EC1E9-4BA6-4B5B-8AE4-2A233F292A24_zpslf6wws18.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  88.8 KB
Name:  8043C993-4806-4893-BBEE-C02030257A70_zpsjft1kwy3.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  133.2 KB
Old 05-25-2017, 08:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts