Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Southeast Florida.......Show car quality paint shop

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 05:20 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Southeast Florida.......Show car quality paint shop

Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm or Miami.

Anyone recommend a shop that is top notch......?

Old 07-30-2018, 08:31 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

When you find one please let me know
Old 07-31-2018, 10:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tatertot91
When you find one please let me know
Well, I repainted my car about 10 years ago. The guy was a badass. Put a $3,400 paint job on my car. I only paid $1,200 out of pocket (two $250 deductible payments to my insurance company and I threw in $700 extra to paint my hood and front left fender). Everything else had to be repainted by insurance from damage. It still looks amazing. I just have the typical front bumper road damage over time, the clear coat is looking hazy on the top of the sail panel and rear hatch lid, and a few little chips. But if the car was sitting at a car show or parked outside somewhere and you just walked by it, you couldn't see anything at all, it would look perfect everywhere.

If I do it, I want it to be a painter thats seriously top notch.

Maybe send it up to Chris Cruz in Deland, FL. He gave me a price once of $3,000.
http://chriscruzartistry.com/

Old 08-05-2018, 06:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Lmao at show car quality for 3k, if your really looking for show car quality be prepared to spend 8k+
Old 08-06-2018, 09:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MY_2K_Z
Lmao at show car quality for 3k, if your really looking for show car quality be prepared to spend 8k+
Thats actually called a rip off......by ******** who think they can get that from the idiots that don't know any better.....You say show car quality and people think they need to spend a lot.

Come on down to South Florida and go to a car show....old muscle cars of all types....nobody pays stupid *** prices like $8,000. Anyone you ask at these shows pays between $3,000 and $4,000......

I've just never needed a shop down here....still really don't. Just like to find one in case I want to do it all again.

$8,000.....what idiots pay that much....LOL. And Chris Cruise is one of the best painters in the country........just gotta wait months and months to get in.

Old 08-08-2018, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have never heard of Chris Cruz and I live fairly close to DeLand and go to a lot of car shows locally. I'm not saying he isn't one of the best painters, but I have never heard of him. I do know a decent paint shop in Longwood that painted my truck. The paint job is about 10 years old now and the truck has been driven quite a bit, but the paint still looks very nice. I'm doubting it can be done for $3,000 though. Cheapest I paid for a "show quality" paint job on car was around $2,500 and that was maybe over 10 years ago with a hook up [not the truck].

Old 08-08-2018, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6427
Thats actually called a rip off......by ******** who think they can get that from the idiots that don't know any better.....You say show car quality and people think they need to spend a lot.

Come on down to South Florida and go to a car show....old muscle cars of all types....nobody pays stupid *** prices like $8,000. Anyone you ask at these shows pays between $3,000 and $4,000......

I've just never needed a shop down here....still really don't. Just like to find one in case I want to do it all again.

$8,000.....what idiots pay that much....LOL. And Chris Cruise is one of the best painters in the country........just gotta wait months and months to get in.

I'm not just pulling numbers out of my *** dip ****. I've been in this business a long time and maybe in Florida that's the going rate but here is Texas it definitely isn't. We probably also have very different opinions on what a show car quality paint job is. For your 3k that probably wouldn't even cover material cost for any car that serious about being show quality. How many hours do you think goes into a show quality paint job? You literally don't have a ******* clue when it comes to paint and body work so how about you stop pretending to.
Old 08-08-2018, 06:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

I always considered the top of the line paint job as one that involves pulling the drivetrain and going as fas as a rotisserie. That's huge money though so you don't see most people go that extreme. I've been quoted 10k for a full rotisserie job and 5k for a more basic disassemble and color change without undercarriage or firewall. Those are Massachusetts prices from a couple years ago so it's probably more now.
Old 08-27-2018, 01:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MY_2K_Z
I'm not just pulling numbers out of my *** dip ****. I've been in this business a long time and maybe in Florida that's the going rate but here is Texas it definitely isn't. We probably also have very different opinions on what a show car quality paint job is. For your 3k that probably wouldn't even cover material cost for any car that serious about being show quality. How many hours do you think goes into a show quality paint job? You literally don't have a ******* clue when it comes to paint and body work so how about you stop pretending to.
Then get the **** out of a Florida section *******. You morons probably over-pay for everything, thats your stupidity....not people here in Florida.

And I would love for you to show me a paint job that has $3,400 in ONLY materials.

Go back to the Texas section where you belong.......

Old 08-27-2018, 01:22 PM
Banned

That black looks awesome man.....

My paint job looks just like that....very deep and glossy. As long as there's zero orange peel and you can see yourself in it like a mirror, whats else can you ask for.
hats what $3,400 gets you in Lauderdale. I've been to many car shows with all the old muscle cars and all the new exotic cars that get amazing "show car" quality paint jobs.....they look just like my car. Yes, some of the exotic colors and total custom jobs on some show cars are very cool looking and have that WOW factor......but its all the same. I think people actually waste money on what they think is a "show car" quality paint job.

But there's suckers everywhere....especially in Texas I guess.....LOL

Originally Posted by Count of Monte Crlo
I have never heard of Chris Cruz and I live fairly close to DeLand and go to a lot of car shows locally. I'm not saying he isn't one of the best painters, but I have never heard of him. I do know a decent paint shop in Longwood that painted my truck. The paint job is about 10 years old now and the truck has been driven quite a bit, but the paint still looks very nice. I'm doubting it can be done for $3,000 though. Cheapest I paid for a "show quality" paint job on car was around $2,500 and that was maybe over 10 years ago with a hook up [not the truck].

Last edited by LS6427; 08-27-2018 at 01:32 PM.
Old 08-27-2018, 01:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bammax
I always considered the top of the line paint job as one that involves pulling the drivetrain and going as fas as a rotisserie. That's huge money though so you don't see most people go that extreme. I've been quoted 10k for a full rotisserie job and 5k for a more basic disassemble and color change without undercarriage or firewall. Those are Massachusetts prices from a couple years ago so it's probably more now.
When my car was painted....both doors, the entire hatch and spoiler, the hood, front and rear bumpers and both side ground effects pieces......were all hanging in his paint booth by wire getting painted. Both door glasses and mouldings were removed too. Both side view mirrors and their glass were also removed and mirrors were hanging also. The front and rear bumpers were being replaced so they came into the shop brand new in boxes. But the guy did a masterful job...... Took 10 days.

Maybe some painters just don't need to rip people off so much.

Old 08-27-2018, 03:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6427
When my car was painted....both doors, the entire hatch and spoiler, the hood, front and rear bumpers and both side ground effects pieces......were all hanging in his paint booth by wire getting painted. Both door glasses and mouldings were removed too. Both side view mirrors and their glass were also removed and mirrors were hanging also. The front and rear bumpers were being replaced so they came into the shop brand new in boxes. But the guy did a masterful job...... Took 10 days.

Maybe some painters just don't need to rip people off so much.

Sounds like you found a great painter. I wish I was closer to the paint stage for my current car because I'd bring it to your guy in a second. I'm still at least a couple years off. The paint bubbling and falling off is driving me crazy though lol

In Mass paint is expensive and chrome is almost illegal. The epa type rules have virtually killed those industries up there. For most of us it was maaco or spray cans and the spray cans came out better lol
Old 08-31-2018, 05:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Count of Monte Crlo

Where did you have this painted?

Quick Reply: Southeast Florida.......Show car quality paint shop