Go Back  LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion > REGIONAL FORUMS > Florida Members
Reload this Page >

Looking for details about the Central Florida performance scene.

Notices
Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Looking for details about the Central Florida performance scene.

Old 05-12-2019, 07:56 PM
Staging Lane

Default Looking for details about the Central Florida performance scene.

Hello everyone,

I want to get back into the Central Florida performance scene after a long absence. I know this has to be the place find out what it looks like today.

I am most curious about what businesses are supporting auto enthusiasts in Central Florida these days? Especially those closest to Leesburg.

Where and when are the best reoccurring meets for me to see the kind of cars being built.

And it would definitely be a plus to hear from any local forum member not too modest to post links for me to learn about their trend setting modifications.

Thank you

Old 05-13-2019, 03:55 PM
Staging Lane

There isn't in Orlando lol. All of the "meets" I see or hear about in Orlando are all mostly imports doing stupid ****. 33rd use to be a good street racing spot, but it's locked down tighter than a ticks *** these days. Never really knew of any Orlando businesses doing anything meet wise. The dragstrip is really the only place to go to see anything decent. I hear Tampa/Clearwater have some pretty good meets.
Old 05-13-2019, 04:18 PM
10 Second Club

Dumbass ricers ruin everything everywhere.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

For shops you have bmr. For shows you have ace cafe. For anything else you need to buy a corvette or jdm
Old 05-16-2019, 03:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheTinMan View Post
There isn't in Orlando lol. All of the "meets" I see or hear about in Orlando are all mostly imports doing stupid ****. 33rd use to be a good street racing spot, but it's locked down tighter than a ticks *** these days. Never really knew of any Orlando businesses doing anything meet wise. The dragstrip is really the only place to go to see anything decent. I hear Tampa/Clearwater have some pretty good meets.
Always meets over here some of the Tampa ones can become rice fest. But that's a drive for you guys.
Old 05-18-2019, 09:20 AM
Staging Lane

I remember speed shops like Powered by Ford, Titan Motorsports, American Motorsports, King's. Have they all gone out of business or abandoned the local retail market?
I was all excited about getting back to my hobby. I may be in denial, but automotive performance can't be completely nonexistent in Central Fl. There must be places in Central Florida to buy performance parts? More importantly someone has to be dyno tuning, rebuilding motors, installing aftermarket parts etc.
What about custom paint and body?

Are there fellow forum members just starting out, trying to provide these services, who could use our support to strengthen their business?
Old 05-18-2019, 06:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There's Detroit Muscle in Lakeland on 92. They always have a few f-bodies there. I haven't checked them out myself but I've heard they do good work.
Old 05-22-2019, 12:03 PM
Teching In

Even the one LS shop around me in Vero moved to West Palm.

Everything else is predominantly Ford.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Brothers Performance in Deland used to have a regular weekend dyno days, but that last I was there was in 2016 and it seemed to be open to all makes. Years ago I heard American Motorsports was under new management, not sure if they kept the name. I think Vinci Performance closed, Next Level Performance is still open in a new location, Lamotta Performance is still around but they are primarily Ford.

Ace Cafe seems to have a lot of events: https://www.acecafeusa.com/meets-events
Old 05-22-2019, 08:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There’s not much in Orlando, moved to west palm to open a shop and there about 20 guys down here that meet up once a month. Hasn't been a good year tho, the group has lost 3 cars including one of mine .

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: