Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

perfomance shops in ft myers??

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 08:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default perfomance shops in ft myers??

i am moving down to fort myers in august and am wondering if tehre are any perfomance shops in or around the ft. myers, naples area??

just wondering so i know where i can go if i hav any trouble or add ons to be put on.

thanks
steve
Old 01-17-2005, 10:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really don't know exactly where that is...but one of the best shops i know of is in altamonte springs...norris motorsports or aka next level performance...they are a sponser here...
Old 01-17-2005, 10:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

revxtreme.com

sponser as well and in brandon florida (tampa). they have experience in ls1 and have done some killer Blower combos.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bigbadblackws6
i am moving down to fort myers in august and am wondering if tehre are any perfomance shops in or around the ft. myers, naples area??

just wondering so i know where i can go if i hav any trouble or add ons to be put on.

thanks
steve

YEAH, a new Ft. Myers person.
There are a few shops here. I acturally have made the trip myself to Rev X before, because the shops here sometimes are so backed up.
There is Corvette connection which is under new ownership and has been doing much better lately.
Then there is J&J performance.
Very good mechanic, knows alot about LSx cars and is a real nice guy.
The negative is he has 1 person working for him and sometimes gets way backed up. I have been waiting for over a month now to get on the schedule.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:14 PM
Staging Lane

its hard finding anyone around here, I have been trying for a month to get a set of gears installed
Old 01-18-2005, 01:29 AM
11 Second Club

sounds good man. thanks for the help. i was just curious b/c if somethin happens to my ride i need to know where to go. thanks a lot

steve

ill be down there around late july early-mid august
Old 01-25-2005, 03:43 PM
Teching In

I have to hook up for a few places. My work is pretty much right next door to Corvette connection (Automotive Video Inc AVI) and I know them. The guy that does my stuff is Ron Bilyeu from ProAutoTech. Email me for some more info. Welcome to Fort Myers, but around the time you come, it'll be my time to go!
Old 01-28-2005, 07:06 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JZ'sTA
YEAH, a new Ft. Myers person.
There are a few shops here. I acturally have made the trip myself to Rev X before, because the shops here sometimes are so backed up.
There is Corvette connection which is under new ownership and has been doing much better lately.
Then there is J&J performance.
Very good mechanic, knows alot about LSx cars and is a real nice guy.
The negative is he has 1 person working for him and sometimes gets way backed up. I have been waiting for over a month now to get on the schedule.
I grew up in Ft.Myers , lived there for 17 years. I`m wondering if they still race in North Cape Coral or Buckingham? I went to North Cape about 7-8 years ago on a Sat night in my Procharged LT1 and they were still racing in the same spot they did 15- 20 years ago.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:15 PM
Banned

Man you have no idea how much this place has changed in the past 7 years.
Cape coral is now the number 1 growing city in the USA, and Lee county has some much damn construction it is crazy.
North cape is at least 300% more populized and lots that were selling for 1500-2000 7 years ago are now 35000-50000.
Some very rich people around here because they bought 25-50 lot packages years ago and are now retired.
It's so bad the latest racing spots have been in Labelle, way the **** away from Ft. Myers.
Even stuff in Immokalee keeps geting busted.
Buckingham has grown a lot as well and the road course race out there still, but it's legal, and sponsored.
A lot of the old big dawgs now just run at the track as the cops love to break us up when we are 20 miles away for the closest house, but I guess that's their job.
Anyways if you come visit again shoot me a PM and I can set you up a few runs as long as the new location stays safe.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:48 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

I guess Ft.Myers is growing just as much as Orlando. I cant street race because I drive a truck for a living, but I like to watch. My house is 30 min from both Lakeland dragstrip and Orlando Speedworld so I can race Wed,Thurs,Fri, Sat if I had the time . I`m planning to go and see some of my old friends in Ft.Myers in a few months , I`ll PM you and meet up with you.
Dave
Old 01-29-2005, 05:01 PM
Banned

Sounds good.
Weird how fast Florida grows.
I am guessing that after the hurricane went through Pt Charlotte the construction will never stop there.
That looks to be the next expanding city in Florida.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:51 AM
Launching!

I lived in port charlotte since 89 graduated high school in 93, and have been in the Marine Corps since.
Parents bought property (almost a block) in 95 for about 10,k and it is worth about 350,k now.
Port Charlotte has been on the rise for a while now. It amazes me how much that place grows year to year when I make it home to visit.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

grew up in Port Charlotte as well. 130K dollar homes 5 years ago are now pushing close to 300K. its unbelievable. i sometimes wish i was a contractor like all my buddies lol

Quick Reply: perfomance shops in ft myers??