Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Clutch install in South Miami

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 11:27 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch install in South Miami

Anyone know of any reputable shops or mechanincs in the Miami area that can do a clutch install at a reasonable price. My SPEC 3 is finally surrendering to the power.

Bobby
Old 10-15-2005, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

www.pbfbody.com

2 guys that do most of the Fbods in our area, BlueballsZZ and Brian C. They are the only guys who work on my car.

BTW, whatcha doin in Miami? Maybe we'll run into you this year at the track?
Old 10-15-2005, 09:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what she said. there are really no shops down there. these guys have done a lot of f-bods and have tons of experience with em. good luck!
Old 10-16-2005, 09:26 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by racer88
www.pbfbody.com

2 guys that do most of the Fbods in our area, BlueballsZZ and Brian C. They are the only guys who work on my car.

BTW, whatcha doin in Miami? Maybe we'll run into you this year at the track?
Thanks for the tip, I'll hit up that board and look them up.

I've moved down here to be closer to my family. I'm originally from here and moved to Atlanta after Hurricane Andrew. It's just time for a change.

I've been to MMP once since I've been here and I don't like the fact that I can't run quicker than 11.99 without a cage. That is going to keep me from going there often but I definitly game to meet up sometime.

Bobby
Old 10-16-2005, 09:28 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by GreekGator
what she said. there are really no shops down there. these guys have done a lot of f-bods and have tons of experience with em. good luck!
I appreciate your input.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

no prob! glad that i could help.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wile_E
Thanks for the tip, I'll hit up that board and look them up.

I've moved down here to be closer to my family. I'm originally from here and moved to Atlanta after Hurricane Andrew. It's just time for a change.

I've been to MMP once since I've been here and I don't like the fact that I can't run quicker than 11.99 without a cage. That is going to keep me from going there often but I definitly game to meet up sometime.

Bobby
Hey just so you know, MMP went with the new NHRA cage ET rule. You have til 11.49 before they kick you off. And definately check out the board, it's alive and well with alot of pretty fast Fbods.

P.S> Blueballs ZZ is my sig other just so you know if you can't reach him then I can put you in touch with both of them.
Old 10-16-2005, 03:29 PM
TECH Regular

Hey just so you know, MMP went with the new NHRA cage ET rule. You have til 11.49 before they kick you off. And definately check out the board, it's alive and well with alot of pretty fast Fbods.

P.S> Blueballs ZZ is my sig other just so you know if you can't reach him then I can put you in touch with both of them.
If you can give him a heads up for me and PM me a price and everything I'll need to bring for the install, I would really appreciate it. That way I can go ahead and order the parts I need and know how much cash I'll need as well.

Also, they told me at MMP that I could not run 11.99 or quicker without a cage. I think the rule doesn't apply to nitrous users. Either way, I'll end up running low 11s (maybe even better if I hook well) so it doesn't really matter what the rule is. I'll just have to wait until the last run of the night to give it all I got.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I will get a price for you on this and get back to you.

As for the track, the track has gone with the new NHRA rule ET 11.49 before you need a cage..........just don't tell em you are spraying the car.

In other words, when you go leave the bottle out of the car when you tech. It's okay to have the lines all hooked up, stick the bottle back in later on for your later on runs.

We will be heading out soon in full force now that the good air is coming. I know I am itching to get out there as well.

It will be posted on our board when the masses are going out there including me we can all meet up after you get a clutch in.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:06 PM
TECH Regular

I will get a price for you on this and get back to you.

As for the track, the track has gone with the new NHRA rule ET 11.49 before you need a cage..........just don't tell em you are spraying the car.

In other words, when you go leave the bottle out of the car when you tech. It's okay to have the lines all hooked up, stick the bottle back in later on for your later on runs.

We will be heading out soon in full force now that the good air is coming. I know I am itching to get out there as well.

It will be posted on our board when the masses are going out there including me we can all meet up after you get a clutch in.
I'll be waiting to hear from you.

As far as teching without the bottle......like I said, I will be below 11.49 anyway so it really doesn't matter. I will just have to wait until the last run to let it all hang out.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well forget tonight he's sleeping already!! And I was the one up at 5:30 go figure

I will talk to him when he is awake and let you know. But for the track, do what they all do......wait til the last 2 passes.......one will be a warning and the next will be the boot
Old 10-22-2005, 01:31 AM
TOZ
On The Tree

Let us know.
www.tozweb.com/bcr