Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

LS1s in south florida?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 07:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1s in south florida?

Ok here goes and let me first start out by saying my intentions with this post isnt to be a dick or come out as a cocky mustang owner....this also isnt a what would happen post...

My car was down for 7 months....just got her back a little over a week ago...in that 7 months i've read alot of post on here and it seems Mustangs...espically GTs get very little to no respect on here...

It also seems that most members that post here cant judge a car length...i can see alot of the modded ls1's beating mustangs but it always seems they win by 5-6 cars...and i just dont see that happening...

So i know there are members here in south florida, i read one who posted and claimed hes never lost to a "rustang".

I have an 03 GT whos in south florida and wants to run?

Unfortunatly if theres any takers it has to be done at the track....cant risk my job over street racing....

Mods if you think theres a better place to post this feel free to move it...
Old 10-08-2006, 08:40 PM
12 Second Club

What kind of mods you have done to your car?

I'd love to run you, but a bit too far from FL.

Also, let me explain something to you. Do you agree that average pre '05 GT's run at least half a second behind your average LS1 in 1/4 mi? They also trap around 100mph, right?

Simple math: (.5sec)X(100mi/1hr)X(5280ft/1mi)X(1hr/60mins)X(1min/60secs)= 73ft. This equation is not 100% accurate and distance should be higher because you're not going 100mph when f-body crossed the line already. Given that both of them have the same reaction time your average LS1 f-body will be at least 73ft ahead of you, which is about 5 car lengths given that length of a car is about 14.5ft.

Does it make any sense to you? Ask away and I'll be glad to help
Old 10-08-2006, 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

i hear what your saying with the math...but how many people race with stock cars???

as far as my car goes...all the bolt ons...and nitrous
Old 10-08-2006, 09:07 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BottleFed03GT
Ok here goes and let me first start out by saying my intentions with this post isnt to be a dick or come out as a cocky mustang owner....this also isnt a what would happen post...

My car was down for 7 months....just got her back a little over a week ago...in that 7 months i've read alot of post on here and it seems Mustangs...espically GTs get very little to no respect on here...

It also seems that most members that post here cant judge a car length...i can see alot of the modded ls1's beating mustangs but it always seems they win by 5-6 cars...and i just dont see that happening...

So i know there are members here in south florida, i read one who posted and claimed hes never lost to a "rustang".

Unfortunatly if theres any takers it has to be done at the track....cant risk my job over street racing....

I'll run ya in my wagon.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:11 PM
12 Second Club

Of course stock f-bodies and mustangs is a rare occurance, but your average daily driven car that you will see on the street will usually have bolt ons and maybe gears. Reason why you don't see many posts with GT's winning is because when you put those mods into GT and into LS1, LS1 will still be faster than GT. F-body puts down 40-60whp more than a GT from the factory and a GT will have to be more modified to beat a f-body.

Without any doubt, there are many faster GT's that some f-bodies. For example, your car should put a good beating on mine since all I have is intake and catback and you're pretty heavily modded, IMO.

Another reason why you don't see many posts with loses to GT's is because many people are embarrassed to admit it.

With money and some work, any car can be made fast, but mod for mod f-body will always be ahead of GT.

How much are you spraying? Dyno your car? Run it at the track?
Old 10-08-2006, 09:23 PM
Staging Lane

i understand most people arent gonna post if they lost to a GT...but i think alot of people are going over board with there wins...and then the comments people make after these kill stories are just crazy...

no numbers yet on the car...will be tuned and dynoed tuesday or wed...

slowvette pmed me back trying to set something up for the track on friday...

and ill run the wagon...was looking for ls1s to run though...
Old 10-08-2006, 10:00 PM
Teching In

i dont think people should be embarrassed if they lose. ive lost to an 03 cobra and a ls1 z28 and some others but i cant remember. i won some. i just race for fun and im not embarrassed to admit i lost. now im trying to get a race between me and my friends srt 4 set up
Old 10-08-2006, 10:16 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i understand most people arent gonna post if they lost to a GT...but i think alot of people are going over board with there wins...and then the comments people make after these kill stories are just crazy...

no numbers yet on the car...will be tuned and dynoed tuesday or wed...

slowvette pmed me back trying to set something up for the track on friday...

and ill run the wagon...was looking for ls1s to run though...
Let us know how the car dynoes.

As for Mustang kills, I don't know if you're going to find too much exagerration in these forums (also, being that this is a Chevy site, members here are gonna bea 'lil biased). I know from experience what you're average Stang will do with your average LS1.

As for running the wagon, you'd kill me on the bottle. Heads up could be interesting for the 1st 1/8th. After that, you'd probably pull, being that the wagon would probably trap around 100ish mph.

Anyhow, let us know how your quest turns out. I'da run ya with your bottle in my old setup (on motor) .
Old 10-08-2006, 11:10 PM
On The Tree

slowvette pmed me back trying to set something up for the track on friday.
i pmed u back, hopefully i'll have my nitrous set up by then

that way we can run spray vs spray
Old 10-08-2006, 11:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

duno if that would be so fair
Old 10-08-2006, 11:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
duno if that would be so fair
not making this into a what if thread.....

pmed you back slowvette...let me know if i can help you with anything...spray for spray would be nice...

any other ls1's in south florida that wanna run post up or pm me...
Old 10-08-2006, 11:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well excuse me.. i apologize sir.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
well excuse me.. i apologize sir.
wasnt being a dick, just dont want to get

looking for people to run in a little 2v. dont need everyone predicting i'm gonna lose...thats a given its an ls1 site....
Old 10-09-2006, 12:14 AM
On The Tree

not making this into a what if thread.....

pmed you back slowvette...let me know if i can help you with anything...spray for spray would be nice...

any other ls1's in south florida that wanna run post up or pm me...
pmed u back man, btw im going to pm v-seriestech to see if he wants to run to.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:58 AM
12 Second Club

Why do you say that? Your average f-body will pretty much *** whoop your average GT. So, why can't we be proud and enjoy our victories? F-body is one of the fastest and affordable cars; because of that many of us tend to be cocky, but there is nothing wrong with that IMO.

Lets take your car for example. You were making less power with all the bolt ons and cams than my car made stock. So what's wrong with me being confident and cocky if I was going to race you?

How do you think an owner of a 15-16 second car feels coming to mustang forums? Or is there anything wrong if viper owners looking down on f-bodies?

That's just how car owners are and there is nothing you can do about it.

I think you're taking it too personally.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:14 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by OdessitPashka
Why do you say that? Your average f-body will pretty much *** whoop your average GT. So, why can't we be proud and enjoy our victories? F-body is one of the fastest and affordable cars; because of that many of us tend to be cocky, but there is nothing wrong with that IMO.

Lets take your car for example. You were making less power with all the bolt ons and cams than my car made stock. So what's wrong with me being confident and cocky if I was going to race you?

How do you think an owner of a 15-16 second car feels coming to mustang forums? Or is there anything wrong if viper owners looking down on f-bodies?

That's just how car owners are and there is nothing you can do about it.

I think you're taking it too personally.
BURNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Old 10-09-2006, 05:28 AM
Staging Lane

this is exactly the type of ls1 owner i'm looking for in south florida...
Old 10-09-2006, 06:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

sorry man, i know you want to. but you are not helping the 2v vs LS1 case. i realize you came because you got your car back and its making awesome power now and you would like some revenge. Thats fine and dandy. But like all other enthuiasts we are very proud of our blood, sweat, and tears, and Enjoy the fruits of our labor. Do we beat alot of mystang GTs? Hell yes. Cobras? not so much, and we post our deaths as well. but dont use the whole LS1s beating up on GTs thing as an excuse to be a freedom fighter for them. If you come in asking for a race. like you are. Everyone already knows your fast. But like they say, just be careful what you ask for. Hopefully you find some great races. Remember to post the results up. got any pics of your stang??

Last edited by SPLATT; 10-09-2006 at 06:41 AM.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:41 AM
10 Second Club

He is probably saying that because he has more mods than he is leading you to believe or has his car set up to make full use of the power he is making. I use to see it all of the time. A stock or somewhat stock LS1 against a slightly modded Moostang with drag tires. If the Moostang owner knows how to drive he can do some damage to a young unsuspecting punk that thinks his car is the best.

I once got into a street race with a guy in a white SS who was claiming he had a Vortech and all kinds of other stuff. I was kind of worried because at the time I just had a Procharger w/ 5 psi and stock motor. Well I smoked the ever living **** out of him and found out after the race he only had a a cutout, lid and muffler! I busted his ***** so bad that he wouldn't even talk to me after that!
Old 10-09-2006, 06:52 AM
Staging Lane

Check out this sight http://www.sffba.net I just bent a valve or I'd run you on motor,cause I just sold the spray.I'll hopefully be up and running next month.

Quick Reply: LS1s in south florida?