Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

anyone with HPtuners for 02 willing to help out?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 07:39 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone with HPtuners for 02 willing to help out?

Long story short a guy in Palm Beach bought my Z28. I used HPtuners with the Speed Density OS option to tune the Z28. Well his tuner doesn't use HPtuners and the software he does use does not communicate with the PCM and thinks the computer is tune locked, which it's not.

Is there anybody out there with HPtuners and unlimited 02 F-car type setup that could help him set the PCM back to a stock OS?

If so, can you PM me?

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-17-2007, 09:17 AM
Launching!

I'm the one that tried to help him and change some things in the tune. I did use hpt and it would not allow me in. Unless their is something goofy about the sd tune that I'm not aware of and you can clue me into a fix, I'll be more than happy to help him out again with this problem.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

same thing happened to me.... In tune in chatanooga tuned my car by the previous owner... walden said that it was "locked".... however intune says they don't lock... and I ended up buying a reman computer from napa
Old 04-17-2007, 10:14 AM
TECH Resident

Mr. Nitrous,

So you are using HPtuners?? Strange. The OS on the PCM is the 1 bar speed density OS. The tune is NOT tuner locked and never has been tuner locked. If you use HPtuners you know that is a specific step you have to take to do. I offered to have Chris next day me the PCM and I could use sombodies local car and pop the PCM in and flash it with a stock tune and ship it back before I ship off the Hptuners suite to the new buyer (if thats ok with the buyer) but he said it was more of a hassle for him and said you had a solution for the problem but would cost extra money.

Sorry you guys are having problems, I hope that helps you some.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:16 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ba78ta
same thing happened to me.... In tune in chatanooga tuned my car by the previous owner... walden said that it was "locked".... however intune says they don't lock... and I ended up buying a reman computer from napa
I'm thinking the new owner or Mr. Nitrous can post on Hptuners.com forum and get a solution if Mr. Nitrous is an HPtuners Professional Tuner and has full support from them.

Those guys at HPtuners are all about support and I think they'll help out if they can. It may take a few days/week for them but if they have to write a custom software patch to fix the problem I know they will be willing to do so. They love their customers!

I hope everything works out. I guess I'll leave the rest of this up to you Mr.Nitrous.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:20 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There's locked, and there's "not licensed" (the SD OS
wants another couple of credits from whoever tries to
edit it, and hasn't already licensed up that custom OS
for the VIN or all-you-can-eat.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Launching!

Well, I have the unlimited 02 f body but it dosen't have the 1 bar os upgrade os. That may be the problem, not sure. I'll post over on hpt's site.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:35 PM
TECH Resident

Cool. Good luck with the tune!
Old 04-17-2007, 02:59 PM
TECH Resident

Thats what it is . You must have the newer hptuners and purchase the credits for s.d.

Quick Reply: anyone with HPtuners for 02 willing to help out?