Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

rant

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 10:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by camar0corey
Any chance that any info is wrong on the ticket? When I was stationed in CA I got a ticket for a "Unsafe Start". My tires did make a little sequel, it had been sprinkling. The officer had no line of sight on the vehicles, and just picked mine out of the 4 at the light.
When I looked over my ticket it said my tag was a CA tag even though I had FL tags on my car. I was going to state to the judge that the officer must not be very observant if he couldn't even get my state of registry correct. I was then going to state that the officer was rude, as I went to ask him a question and he was gone.
Well the cop didn't even show up. I drug it out, I waited til 3 days til my money was due, showed up at the courtroom to pay, they could only take cash/personal check, so by showing up but not able to pay(only had a visa on me), the lady extended my time to pay by another 60 days. I sent in a personal check and a written request for a court date. So that took more time, by the time I had my court date it was 7 months after getting the ticket. Officer didn't show, and it would be hard for his word to count at that point, it is several months later.

Maybe you can try to stall? Seemed to work for me.
Hmm I like it. Around here I know I can stall up to 180 days. Ill double check my ticket.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by camaroextra
Ok guys you arent gona believe this. I got a parking ticket at nicks house for having my car blocking the drive way. Nick went out and was like "hey he can move the car" and the cop honestly goes "well I already started writing the ticket"

Honestly, they are out to get me. It was in a ******* neighborhood.
wtf? who ******* writes parking tickets anymore?
Old 05-01-2007, 11:17 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say get a lawyer. If your best friend that is an officer is Nick, bring him in uniform to court. If not, get a lawyer. Judges will go with the cop 99% of the time, unless you can really prove youre in the right(ie: like what raging is doing) or maybe if you havent had a ticket in 10 years or ever. That idea about appealing and appearing before a jury sounds good if it is true.

Quick Reply: rant