Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

All Florida forum members READ

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 04:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think if a there are no sponsors that offer what we are looking for or it is not anywere near local there should be some kind of lead way.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:35 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

closest sponsor shop to jax is rev xtreme and that really not close
Old 06-13-2007, 06:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Folks are abusing this rule plain and simple. Use common sense like Gator said. I swear some of you are more interested in a debate than actually having a real issue.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by next
Folks are abusing this rule plain and simple. Use common sense like Gator said. I swear some of you are more interested in a debate than actually having a real issue.
What would make you think that?
Old 06-13-2007, 07:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bluenyghthawk
closest sponsor shop to jax is rev xtreme and that really not close

bingo....

next i think most guys have gotten your point....if not just start banning ***
Old 06-13-2007, 08:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
. if the product or sponsor is so great and doing so well, why cant they pony a couple hundred bucks for massive exposure? probably b/c they arent that good.
Where is the current price list for being a sponsor? I have e-mailed and haven't recieved one back yet.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mr.Nitrous
Where is the current price list for being a sponsor? I have e-mailed and haven't recieved one back yet.
if you havent recieved a reply from Nine ball (tony w) then let me know. i will ask him about it. just let me know (or any mod). i dont even remember the pricing for the sponsor stuff.

also, dont over complicate stuff. sure there is an arguement for every response. its the internet. but the reality is guys that Epimp KNOW they are doing it.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GTFORMULA
I think if a there are no sponsors that offer what we are looking for or it is not anywere near local there should be some kind of lead way.
i believe you have a very good point. if no one sells this product or service, its not competing with a sponsor. so go for it. but with all those sponsors, what product are you talking about?
Old 06-14-2007, 06:07 AM
TECH Resident

I am not talking about any product in particular. I just know from building my current project "twin turbo, solid axle vette" that no sponsor sells everything for what Im doing. I dont remember Epimping anybody and Ive seen it done and think that its wrong, but sometimes there is no choice but to help somebody out with something local. All of my parts came from sponsors pretty much, but some like the trans, intercoolers and brakes have not. All Im saying is that if you know you are epimping than dont do it, but if you are really tring to help of a local then there should be some leadway before getting banned. The getting banned thing is flying around here alittle too much. Then again you have to get peoples attention.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

I know from experiance, it is difficult to choose the right advertising. But also, as a vender, if I was to find out that my business was recommended here, or on any site, and I got a couple paying customers from it, I would have definately pony up the bucks. BUT just throwing the money out there is a tough decision. I "tested the waters" at some other sites when I had my business. I got nothing. A ton of "I will be there tomorrows" but nobody showed or bought anything from me. So my money would likely have been better spent elsewhere.

Not to say the sponsers shouldnt get the business, just putting a couple thoughts out there. If it is a once in a while thing I can see it being ok, but it sounds like it must be an ongoing thing and being abused and YES that is not right.

Personally I love the sponser list down the side. Having just gotten back into the hobby, they have been priceless. I have bought several things from a couple of them(Texas Speed and WS6store in particular) Great experiances too.

John
Old 06-14-2007, 10:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
roy, i am not disrespecting you or your shop, but understand that we see so many "new" shops that go under for one reason or the other. this hurts the customer. what is the best thing is for shops that are reliable and stable. again not saying this is you. i am just saying sponsors are easier to find and held accountable for the most part. more so than non sponsors that have guys Epimp the shop and do it secretly via PMs.

again its a fairness issue and secondly a business decision.
LOL, your gonna beat me when you see me. But what about these Turbo guys that jacked how many people here? I'd like to to see more stringent guidelines on sponsors. We enthusiast can be dumb at times and think they are on ls1tech a well respected site they must be good.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 97blkz
LOL, your gonna beat me when you see me. But what about these Turbo guys that jacked how many people here? I'd like to to see more stringent guidelines on sponsors. We enthusiast can be dumb at times and think they are on ls1tech a well respected site they must be good.
You won't find a magazine or local paper that qualifies businesses prior to taking an ad in their publication. Same holds true for internet forums. How could you ever expect someone who sells advertising to police how every business is run? How would you even qualify a business, especially a small start up venture?

There is an upside though - this site does try to help it's members resolve disputes and it bans folks and businesses that rip people off.

GTFormula - You're posting a "what if" that doesn't apply to the rules. What John and I are talking about is folks pimping their products without sponsorship or members posting contact info of non-sponsors. There are real simple ways of helping folks and not breaking the rules. Again, just use common sense.

Regarding you're comments about "the ban thing flying around"... I've banned 2 members the entire time I've been here and one of those was for ripping off members. You might want to re-think that statement.
ps. the word is "leeway"
Old 06-14-2007, 03:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by next
. Again, just use common sense.
i think thats a dilema for some people on here
Old 06-14-2007, 03:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by staringback05
i think thats a dilema for some people on here
Agreed. Turns out common sense is not so common.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:51 PM
10 Second Club

There is an upside though - this site does try to help it's members resolve disputes and it bans folks and businesses that rip people off.

Thats good to know.

Quick Reply: All Florida forum members READ