Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Orlando is the worst sh!thole in this country.......

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the roads in south florida are a million times worse than the ones in orlando. when i was living in boca I fucked more **** up in my suspension and wheels than if I were to go bandit style on a dirt road for a couple hours.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:57 PM
Teching In

You are correct . We have horrible roads . The news had a story yesterday on how we ranked 41 out of 50 in the worst roads . We actually fell 3 spots from last year . I believe it is more about politics and money than we care to know . There are city , state , and toll roads all of which fight for federal money . It Sucks .
Old 06-30-2007, 05:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chicago is bad, you don't even have to drive in the city, I was on the outskirts on a cross country drive, worse roads of the whole 5k mile trip.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:05 PM
CKZ
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Whistler
How's a brother supposed to roll race with all these damned potholes, right?

Old 06-30-2007, 06:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

the stretch of the 408 downtown is horrible.. the 429 is nice though. Never patroled either
Old 06-30-2007, 08:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Tell us how you really feel
Old 06-30-2007, 11:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by camar0corey
Chicago is bad, you don't even have to drive in the city, I was on the outskirts on a cross country drive, worse roads of the whole 5k mile trip.
Yeah but they have an excuse, the winter tears up the roads.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by connecticut
Orlando city planners suck, the workers just do what their told
Its the workers that are out there doing the horrible work. There are newly paved roads in Orlando that are horrible. They can't seem to be able to join the "seems" where any bridge is. Like the 408, as you're driving on it and you start to go upward over a street, the seem is like hitting a curb. There are two seems, one on the way up and onto the overpass than the seem when you cross over and start down the over pass, they're unbelievable. I actually have to slow down to 30mph every time I cross over Mills or Bumby while on the 408. I think they were working on the seems last night, the brand new seems that the workers made so shitty.

How about the two roads on either side of the 408 down below, holy jeezus, anything more than 25mph for my car is just crazy.

Downtown Orlando still has orange portable barracades standing in the same exact spots when I moved here 1 1/2 years ago. The people making the decisions about the roads and necassary repairs in Orlando suck. I can't believe that the people of Orlando aren't in an uproar over their roads.

I was on Church Street yesterday going under I-4 for a detour to get on I-4. My first time in a long time going through there, the bumps were so bad I just temporarily went insane...stopped the car because I was slowing down anyway going through the friggin woop-de-doos, I yelled out my window at some workers, "you ************* can't build a ****** road". About 10 guys heard me.

Than I laughed at myself as I drove away.

Last edited by Quickin; 07-01-2007 at 12:49 AM.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Ruckus46Gt
whats with the bars closing at 2:30
Try 2am man, the entire friggin county, it would be nice if it was 2:30. I'm from Lauderdale where I party on the weekends literally until 6am. First time I went out in Orlando (with "GOT ME SOM") the ******* lights came on and I heard "last call" at 1:20....I almost ****.

Old 07-01-2007, 12:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 2001somws.6
Lucky dog. I wish i was outta here too. The roads are like the ones in bagdad and florida is like iraq.

End rant.
10 days and I'm out of here. Lauderdale is waiting for me to return.

Old 07-01-2007, 12:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by DirtyBird222
I think the roads in south florida are a million times worse than the ones in orlando. when i was living in boca I fucked more **** up in my suspension and wheels than if I were to go bandit style on a dirt road for a couple hours.
No way man. I can drive anywhere in Lauderdale and my car will never bottom out. There is no possible way I can drive more than 15 minutes anywhere in Orlando without having to slow way down for all kinds of reasons or I'll kill my car. The highways in Lauderdale are all perfectly fine, smooth, with no crazy surprises that launch you off your seat.

Miami has some bad city roads but the highways are all kept up very well.

Old 07-01-2007, 12:52 AM
TECH Veteran

I'll tell ya all what, there's a manhole on Robinson right near the airport where it turns right onto Crystal Lake Drive heading towards the 408, they just put it in, its brand new. If I drive over it I think my car will come to a stop, its like 6 inches high. Its NUTS. I swear, I'm gonna pull over next time I'm there if I see workers standing there, get out of my car, point at the manhole, and say, "can someone tell me what the **** thats supposed to be."

Old 07-01-2007, 12:56 AM
TECH Veteran

I've bottomed out so much in this city that my exhaust has worn through in 3 places. Its been good for 5 years in Lauderdale.

Old 07-01-2007, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL it's funny that you rant about that b/c I was thinking the same thing. The engineering firm that I work for is actually managing the 408 project in Orlando.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TruBloodTransAm
LOL it's funny that you rant about that b/c I was thinking the same thing. The engineering firm that I work for is actually managing the 408 project in Orlando.

I drove on it today, got off I-4 and took the 408 the short ride to Bumby. Not bad now, roads are finally smooth, took them 17 months, they fixed the amazingly bad seems on the overpasses. But.....Whats the deal with putting square manholes with iron grates that start at the wall and extend halfway into the outside lanes? They are so bad, and they're like every 200 feet as you get off at Bumby. I have to drive half in the lane and half in the lane next to me so my right tires don't have to get slammed by them. Its only like a 1/2 mile stretch though thats good now.

Old 07-02-2007, 04:45 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Quickin
. . . If I drive over it I think my car will come to a stop . . .

Glad I'm not in O-town

Lyle . . . when/why did you move to Orlando?
Old 07-02-2007, 08:04 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah they have definitely improved the overpass seams on 408. First time they repaved and left the 3 inch curb in the middle of the highway i was cruising along at a good 60mph and wasnt paying attention enought to see it... Thought my rear end got ripped out from underneath and ended up crumbling the bump stops on the housing.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:25 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Quickin
I'll tell ya all what, there's a manhole on Robinson right near the airport where it turns right onto Crystal Lake Drive heading towards the 408, they just put it in, its brand new. If I drive over it I think my car will come to a stop, its like 6 inches high. Its NUTS. I swear, I'm gonna pull over next time I'm there if I see workers standing there, get out of my car, point at the manhole, and say, "can someone tell me what the **** thats supposed to be."

I HATE THAT MANHOLE... WHEN I HEAD TO WORK i HIT THAT SAME BITCH EVERYTIME!
Old 07-02-2007, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've driven alot in these places :
- Jersey (various places)
- Ephrata, PA (grew up in lancaster county)
- Great Lakes, IL (11 months of military stuff)
- Oahu, HI (3 years military)
- San Diego, CA (3 years military)
- North East FL (present)
Also, I've driven all across the US several times so, been through almost everywhere. I'd have to say that Hawaii was the worst traffic of all anytime between 2pm and 7pm. They took rubber-necking to a whole different level. Several times, I actually saw cars stalled out (out of gas or whatever) in the middle lane or, people that stop their car on the shoulder bordering the divider wall to talk to somebody broken down on the other side... And in CA on the "8" during rush hour was really bad. As for shitty roads, I found this one bunch of roads at the grand canyon that are on maps but, not paved, that had like these ridges or grooves in them from rain water I guess... man that takes the cake for rough roads that the camaro went down. It wasn't necessarily pot holes but, it gave me a damn headache no matter how fast or slow you drive on it.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i hate O-Towns roads..

Palmbay has some nice rim benders. Havn't found a smooth road in this town yet, unless you go down to bayside lakes wich is where all the big expensive houses are.

Quick Reply: Orlando is the worst sh!thole in this country.......