Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Orlando is the worst sh!thole in this country.......

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 06:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UCFWS6
Yeah they have definitely improved the overpass seams on 408. First time they repaved and left the 3 inch curb in the middle of the highway i was cruising along at a good 60mph and wasnt paying attention enought to see it... Thought my rear end got ripped out from underneath and ended up crumbling the bump stops on the housing.

Those curb like "seams" were unfuckinbelieveable. 60-70mph and BAM!!!! No warning. I thought I bent all 4 rims the first time I hit those bastards. Those are the ones I was talking about in my earlier post where I would slow to about 20-30mph for a couple weeks until they fixed them. I would **** off everyone behind me, but too bad they were just too hard on my lowered car.

Old 07-02-2007, 06:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by deanasdork
I HATE THAT MANHOLE... WHEN I HEAD TO WORK i HIT THAT SAME BITCH EVERYTIME!
Isn't that thing just plain ridiculous? I can't believe that thing is still there. I got lucky seeing it the first time I drove up to it, my car WILL NOT clear that, no way.

Old 07-02-2007, 06:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

amen brother, although when i visited cali.. those highways were horrible.
We have been been ALL OVER both states, and I would HONESTLY say FLORIDA is MUCH WORSE.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by The Dragon

Glad I'm not in O-town

Lyle . . . when/why did you move to Orlando?
Hey bro, what up?

I was flying the Boeing 747 world-wide for a couple years but I got sick of the crazy schedule that kept me out of the country for 25-40 days at a time, than I'd come home and only get like 8-10 days off until I had to go back out. Traveling the world for free was great and flying the 747 was amazing, but I have to be home more, I'm a party dude and can't be missing all the fun ****. So I chose to return to the corporate jet world of flying. I did that for 7 years before the 747 gig. Got a job with a crazy venture capital company in Orlando flying there corporate Learjet. "Berman" actually got me the job, his father was the Vice President of the company. You know "Berman" from LS2, right?

So instead of flying this anymore:

Big bitch:

I've been flying this fun little bastard:

But, I'm moving back to Lauderdale in 10 days. And get this man, I now own this black Learjet, 50/50 with my friend, we bought it from my boss. We'll be chartering it out to the public for private charter trips out of Ft. Lauderdale Executive Airport, thats why I'm moving back. They'll be some cool guy trips, Costa Rica, Bahamas, Jamaica, Mexico, stay in touch and come along some time.

Last edited by Quickin; 07-02-2007 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did used to bottom my car out in CA if I had more than one other person in the car. Going down I-5 towards Magic Mountain was always fun.

They have some screwed up mountain roads there too, if anyone has ever been out by Coalinga. Now there is some fun, little rough on the car but its a blast to well I guess try to not die.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

must be awesome to fly those
Old 07-02-2007, 08:52 PM
12 Second Club

thats a cool looking plane! u fly out of orlando executive as well? I live like 8 minutes away from there.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by blackbirdls1
must be awesome to fly those
The 747 is easily one of the most amazing machine's ever built on earth, I'm still overwhelmed by what it can do and how perfect it does it. The small corporate jets are just plain fun, there as close to a fighter jet as you can get. And this particular Learjet model (Lear 25D) is the closest to a fighter jet. You can do alot of un **** in them down low.

Here we are leaving Costa Rica after spending 5 days at the 4-Seasons. Our boss in the back wanted to over-fly the resort on the way out back to Florida and take some pictures.

Can't do this with the 747.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...staricaVID.flv

Old 07-02-2007, 09:35 PM
TECH Veteran

thats a cool looking plane! u fly out of orlando executive as well? I live like 8 minutes away from there.
Yes, Orlando Executive si where we've been based for the past 1 1/2 years. Thats how I found that damn manhole. But I'm leaving Orlando with the plane in about 10 days for Lauderdale. I'm gonna do private charters with it, and also still come to Orlando Exec to fly my ex-boss 2-3 days per month.

Old 07-03-2007, 08:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like the interior of the SCA Shuttle Carrier Aircraft, NASA bought them from American Airlines during the gas crunch of the 70's, there stripped out like that in the interior, but there so cool to go in and look around, theres still some tables and chairs from the 70's big leather and velour 1st class seating, too cool,
Old 07-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude, parts of UCF are just out of hand, I think it would be less havoc, to hit a curb going 45, drive on the grass, and hop down then some sections of UCF, and I am not exagerating... This from a guy who offroaded more then one camaro in his life.

As for traffic, ft. lauderdale/miami is worse imo...
Old 07-03-2007, 10:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Steve68
Looks like the interior of the SCA Shuttle Carrier Aircraft, NASA bought them from American Airlines during the gas crunch of the 70's, there stripped out like that in the interior, but there so cool to go in and look around, theres still some tables and chairs from the 70's big leather and velour 1st class seating, too cool,
Yeah, its the same exact plane that I flew for 2 years. 747 Classic, 200/300 series. Our upper deck, right behind the cockpit on the same floor, is also decked out man. 8 big first class seats and also 6 bunk beds for sleeping. A nice little kitchen area and a cooler full of drinks, water and our meals. A one decent sized bathroom for those damn 14 hour legs we would do sometimes, I didn't like those long flights

Old 07-03-2007, 10:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by MustangEater82

As for traffic, ft. lauderdale/miami is worse imo...
Yeah, but traffic down in Lauderdale/Miami is heavy when its expected. In the morning on the way to work from 7:30-9:00am and than again from 4:30-6:30. Otherwise its always moving nicely.

Orlando is wacked.........anytime around the clock you can go for a drive and sit in traffic for no reason. No accidents, no cops pulling someone over, nobody broken down in one lane......there's no reason. I went from John Young and I-4 on Saturday to Sand Lake at 3:30pm, it took us almost 20 minutes to do it, and there was nothing going on.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Alright, anyway, gotta report something.

The 408 from Crystal Lake to I-4 is now pretty much smooth and nice. But today I went from Bumby to I-4 on the 408 for the first time in the rain.

The morons who did this BRAND NEW stretch of road totally fucked up. Pools of water form in the worst place possible.....in the tracks of each lane where your tires are supposed to be. And its deep enough that your car hits it and it slows the car down bigtime. It's ridiculous, mark my words, there will be spin-out accidents very soon. The water doesn't run off at all, its crazy.

Old 07-04-2007, 09:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Quickin
No way man. I can drive anywhere in Lauderdale and my car will never bottom out. There is no possible way I can drive more than 15 minutes anywhere in Orlando without having to slow way down for all kinds of reasons or I'll kill my car. The highways in Lauderdale are all perfectly fine, smooth, with no crazy surprises that launch you off your seat.

Miami has some bad city roads but the highways are all kept up very well.

thats how i felt about everywhere in south florida. i hated it so bad that i moved right across the street from school and work so i could just ride my bike, not to mention the f'ing traffic is horrible down there.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:49 PM
10 Second Club

i agree the roads do suck, traffic sucks ballz too. I am sick n tired of driving from maitland to my house and taking 50 minutes to an hour to do it.

I found a gym that is close to my work so I go there work out and stare at girls and then can come home in much less time cause the rush hour is done.

Lyle it doesn't help that your car is slammed down with those stiff G2 springs,

I'll miss ya around, not too many fun dudes to party with around here.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM

I'll miss ya around, not too many fun dudes to party with around here.
Next item on the list of toys has to be the 39' Midnight Express with triple 300's. Rick just put the triple Merc XS 300's on his, the bitch does 84 knots without breathing hard.

I have a feeling you'll be coming to Lauderdale to hang out alot on the weekends

Are you still up for flying out to California to visit Nelson Racing Engines with me, mid September is when I'm going out. I'll pay for your airline ticket if you can get offr work, Friday and Saturday.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

I drove out to Daytona from Deland on Tuesday. You wanna ride on a shitty road, try taking 92 all the way from here to Daytona. It is like driving your car down railroad tracks on the railroad ties. You just go bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, etc etc down the entire stretch. We bounced around so much my daughter got motion sick in the short 15 minute or so ride, and that has never happened before. We drive from here to Windemere to visit my Father regularly and even I-4 and a 1 hour drive doesnt get her sick. We are going back tomorrow, and decided to leave the Z at home. The wife's car has to be better.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:20 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02 WS6 TA
Or Atlanta...

I personally love Atlanta. Rush hour traffic isnt stop and go or dead stop like here. The roads arent horribly torn up like here and so on. Ill take Atlanta any day over orlando. F' this wanna-be big city craphole!
Old 07-06-2007, 12:23 PM
12 Second Club

hey quickin, u should tell the person who owns that silver SS that is always parked there to join the site if he/she isn't already.

Quick Reply: Orlando is the worst sh!thole in this country.......