Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

What do you guys think of the Jags?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 05:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Somewhere Between Mild Insanity and Complete Psychosis
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What do you guys think of the Jags?

So far I'm pleased. And with all the other potential wild card teams playing poorly (denver, kc, cincinnati, baltimore, san diego) it looks like playoffs are ver possible.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:11 PM
Restricted User

i think they are a team on their way out of town. hows does the LA Jaguars or the Las Vegas Roar sound? not enough support here for a pro franchise. been here forever and there never has been. not for the usfl the wfl or any other team. you HAVE to be a winner in this town or everyone will just redirect their attention to something else.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:35 PM
TECH Resident

agreed about playoffs. looks like they could do something this year.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:36 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6nJAX
i think they are a team on their way out of town. hows does the LA Jaguars or the Las Vegas Roar sound? not enough support here for a pro franchise. been here forever and there never has been. not for the usfl the wfl or any other team. you HAVE to be a winner in this town or everyone will just redirect their attention to something else.
I dont think that is the case, just because we got blacked out I dont think that is how everyone feels... I don't feel that way. I don't go to a game because I am a very broke college student lol. But I think today's problem was that we were playing houston and we lost to them both times last year and everyone expected the same thing to happen today. But after today, I think things will start to get much better.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Somewhere Between Mild Insanity and Complete Psychosis

The crap about not supporting the team is a little overblown from what I have found. When they were whining about ticket sales at the start of the season I got all excited and went online, ready and willing to drop some serious coin on season tickets. The "best availble" seats were nosebleed, or mid level at the corner of the end-zone.

Then for this game I tried to find some single game tickets that weren't nosebleed, since they were whining about 4,000 tickets or whatever the # was. All I could find was club seats at the 10 yard line and It would have cost $500 in tickets for me and my wife to go, or the same sorry nosebleed seats. Sorry, if I'm going to pay $550 for ONE GAME the seats better be between the 40s. And I've had my fill of nosebleed seats, which I wouldn't pay $5 for when I can watch at home with a better view.

All I wanted was to pay $2,000 - $3,000 for 2 season tickets that were in the upper mid levels, non-club, and between the 20s. Couldn't get them after a crappy, non-playoff year last year. Sales can't be that bad.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not a fan,
Old 10-15-2007, 12:47 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Steve68
Not a fan,
HAHAHA, nice post... and why is that?