Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Twin Turbo and aluminum flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 12:56 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin Turbo and aluminum flywheel

I know that maintaining the momentum during up-shifts helps get the boost back up quicker, but assuming Im not so concerned about that, and infact love how fast the car revs with the lighter flywheel, and need a little power reduction before full clutch engagement to avoid straining the drivetrain with so much power, will an aluminum flywheel work for me?

I know my previous car made a little more power with an alumimun flywheel, will I notice the same on the twin turbo car?

ops, almost forgot, car is a 08 C6 Z06.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:08 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It may work out just fine in your application unless you want to run at the dragstrip. For dragstrip use I would not use an aluminum flywheel. I've tried it and went back to a steel flywheel, as it causes the car to bog too easily. Bob
Old 10-30-2008, 06:54 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
It may work out just fine in your application unless you want to run at the dragstrip. For dragstrip use I would not use an aluminum flywheel. I've tried it and went back to a steel flywheel, as it causes the car to bog too easily. Bob
Yup, its a street car that will never see the strip. I know for a fact that I might have to deal with a little vibration on engagement as well, but im looking for every last HP while trying not to boost the hell out of the engines.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ayousef
Yup, its a street car that will never see the strip. I know for a fact that I might have to deal with a little vibration on engagement as well, but im looking for every last HP while trying not to boost the hell out of the engines.
holy **** you have 2 engines in it
Old 10-30-2008, 07:08 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CamaroKidZ28
holy **** you have 2 engines in it
not two engines, but two cars with similar goals, yet different ways of getting there, my schedule got COMPLETELY messed up because of a vendor that "never sent the parts" but im working on one car right now, and the other one soon

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo and aluminum flywheel