Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

newbie to FI please tell me what brand your using and price and results

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 06:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie to FI please tell me what brand your using and price and results

wanting to supercharge/turbocharge my 02 cammed T/A just trying to get some ideas ive searched threads but didnt find much.....please tell what brand your using....the total price for your setup this includes any other supporting required parts you had to purchase....and last but not least how is the car still daily driveable
Old 01-05-2009, 09:10 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The biggest question for you is how much are you willing to spend. There are people that have pieced together a kit from various eBay parts for a couple thousand dollars. This approach is far from ideal as it requires a lot of work. If you can do the work yourself, you can have a turbo setup for not too much money. A few people have go this approach and have gotten OK results, but most people have not.

The best approach IMO is to buy a kit from one of the many vendors here. I would suggest going with Bob at EPP. He was a well developed Procharger kit at a great price. Going this approach is more expensive, but it is well worth it IMO. The kits are well proven so there will not be any nightmares or unexpected issues.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am pretty happy with my built 408 aps setup. 10k or so into motor, 5500 at the time shipped for the twin turbo kit. Still need to buy new rear end for 2500 or so. Spend like 1200 on clutch but going to be swapping to 4l80 stage 5 flt trans they are like 4000 bucks. Need a nice stall still and have to spend about another 1500 still on fuel system.
Also bought hp tuners to tune it forget how much that was and eboost2 and some nicer blow offs and 3 interceptor guages and wideband.So another 1000 or so on guages.Still need to buy alc injection system as well. And new driveshaft.Already had upgraded my brakes and suspension but might upgrade to z06 calipers and front rotors to help stop the beast.

Car is very driveable and was not a race car project. I stuck with a pretty mellow lopeless cam. The 408 spools up the turbos very quickly and has lots of torque and hp even off boost. I am going to 3.54 rear gears in dana s60. The twins seem to give a nice broad powerband from around 3000 to 7000. Great for street.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Going fast is not cheap.It all comes down on how fast you want to go.8s,9s or 10 sec. 1/4 mile runs.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:16 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by WALK NASTY984
wanting to supercharge/turbocharge my 02 cammed T/A just trying to get some ideas ive searched threads but didnt find much.....please tell what brand your using....the total price for your setup this includes any other supporting required parts you had to purchase....and last but not least how is the car still daily driveable
Here is a link to my complete ATI ProCharger D-1SC kit.

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=798
Uninstalled price.

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=539
Installed and tuned price.

Here is a list of recommendations for additional parts that I recommend.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=540

Originally Posted by ls1290
The biggest question for you is how much are you willing to spend. There are people that have pieced together a kit from various eBay parts for a couple thousand dollars. This approach is far from ideal as it requires a lot of work. If you can do the work yourself, you can have a turbo setup for not too much money. A few people have go this approach and have gotten OK results, but most people have not.

The best approach IMO is to buy a kit from one of the many vendors here. I would suggest going with Bob at EPP. He was a well developed Procharger kit at a great price. Going this approach is more expensive, but it is well worth it IMO. The kits are well proven so there will not be any nightmares or unexpected issues.
Thanks, I appreciate it! Bob

Quick Reply: newbie to FI please tell me what brand your using and price and results