Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

For you Supercharger Guys

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 04:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default For you Supercharger Guys

Im wanting some opinions on the YSI Supercharger and the Maggie TVS 2300. Which do you think is better and WHY? I seen the videos and talked to the guys at RPM and they are making a little under 1K HP with the YSI and it has everyday driveability. The TVS has made the same HP but Im not sure about the Driveability. I would also like to know about the Tempature Issues? Thanks Guys
Old 04-16-2009, 05:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I dont think the TVS 2300 will fit under the fbody hood, youll need the smaller one. Plus at that power you probably get a lot of heatsoak, I am no expert tho
I go with an F series blower, you will be very happy
Old 04-16-2009, 07:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im a procharger nutswinger so my opinion is biased, Id run a d1sc kit. Roots/screw types can get a little heat soaked after driving around for awhile or hammering on it for awhile but, its nothing that a water/meth kit couldnt fix.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SELLSZ06
I dont think the TVS 2300 will fit under the fbody hood, youll need the smaller one. Plus at that power you probably get a lot of heatsoak, I am no expert tho
I go with an F series blower, you will be very happy
Ive cut the cowl and have a Tubular Front end so the fitment issue of a TVS 2300 is no problem.

Originally Posted by allthrotle
Im a procharger nutswinger so my opinion is biased, Id run a d1sc kit. Roots/screw types can get a little heat soaked after driving around for awhile or hammering on it for awhile but, its nothing that a water/meth kit couldnt fix.
How would I do a water kit with Twin Screw Style SC?
Old 04-17-2009, 02:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

TVS it is then. if you cut it already then you should do it, it would be a sweet build. just make sure to post with your progress, i like to see it. itll be a real fast car
Old 04-17-2009, 05:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It will be a while because as of now Im doin a Turbo build on my 98. Ill post progress of that as well. When it comes time to SC the 99 I will let you guys know. It will be a Beast. Im goin for the 950+ STREETABLE Goal. I Might get Lucky and hit the 4 Digit HP Mark (1000). I know it aint gonna be easy.....or Cheap.....but I know it can be done, so thats my goal. In the mean time Ill keep you guys posted with the Turbo 98.