Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Can anyone give me an idea what some parts are worth (parting car)?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 05:51 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Can anyone give me an idea what some parts are worth (parting car)?

Long story very short, I am a cancer patient and recently found out that it has spread to my brain. I am in radiation and on steriods, and feeling like **** and honestly the prognosis isn't great. I'm fighting it and doing my best, but it has very literally taken my life away from me. I hope to beat it and be back better than ever though. I don't publicize it much and am not looking for anything but well wishes and your thoughts, and I hope none of you guys never have to deal with this. I am 31 and have a family, busniess, home, cars, etc. Lots to live for, lots of people who love me and rely on me. Its very hard.

Anyway, to the point at hand: I am not really working now since I can't drive and my brain isn't quite super fast (OK, maybe it never was, lol) and the main thing I have to bring in income is to part out my beloved 2002 Z28. I love this car, had it for years, and its been awesome, but needless to say priorities have changed. I have to support myself. I know if I sell it outright I will lose my *** big time, so I figure parting it is realistic. More $$$ that way.

But I don't know what these parts are worth? I need some ideas. My idea is to sell each peice separately, and eventually sell the roller. The main parts would be the longblock, blower setup, fuel system, trans, various suspension peices, etc.

Motor:

Iron block 408, eagle crank and rods, I wanna say J&E pistons, Dart heads (worked), good cam (don't know specs, sorry), Comp shaft mounts, cometics, etc. Motor runs perfect, carries great oil pressure, has maybe 800 miles on it (probably 500 or less), no oil usage, no smoke, no leaks, no noise. Made 757 RWHP through an A4 with 13 psi from my D1SC, all pump gas. Super great driveability! I have no complaints with it, it was built by FLP and midwest engine tech about 2 years ago. Never missed a beat. I have about 15 passes on it, don't get to the track as much as I'd like, but I do love street driving it. Blazing tires from a hard roll is a blast....

D1SC kit, PTE FMIC, custom piping, all coated. Again, 13 psi, 3.85 pulley (never been swapped). Same mileage as the motor, oil changed with ATI oil at least 3 or 4 times since new. I'm picky about that stuff, cheap insurance in my eyes. Kit has a brace to prevent belt slip, never an ounce of belt dust with this system. Obviously the boost could be upped for more power, I never felt the need. PTE FMIC, $1000 new, 4" thick. Bad *** intercooler. Even on hot days this thing is barely lukewarm right after a pass. IAT's stay low. I have the ATI truck intake from EPP for the blower, less restrictive than the stock hat.

DRC TH400 RMVB tranny, has less than 100 miles on it. FTI 4000-ish stall, BMR X member, CM DS. TB equipped, pretty basic stout setup. Should be good for 1000+ HP. No problems.

Fuel system: BBRC, nasty nate, whatever, sheet metal fuel cell, braided lines, magnafuel 750 pump and reg., aeromotive rails, etc. Enough fuel for whatever you need. Same miles as motor, pump was rebuilt after a couple hundred miles use due to bad wear plate. No issues since, runs cool and can supply all you need. Lines and pump were sized for more power down the road, we intended to spray this again or get a bigger blower.

As for the car, well, its a 2002 Z28, 36K miles, clean, light, all the best parts. There isn't much I don't have in it, TRZ ARB, tubular everything, 6 point, QA1's, subframes, kirkey, cheetah with air shifter, pin on Sunoco, SS spoiler, aerospace brakes, 12 bolt, spool, 3.73, RT TA, aluminum radiator, etc.

I'm sorry guys, my mind is wandering. Just got done with radiation, pretty tired. Any questions please ask. I just mainly wanna get an idea what I can get for the big stuff, as that will support me for a long time. Maybe if I can get enough for the big parts I can keep the roller and swap in a decent H/C setup and race a little. I'm not supposed to drive, but I've been to the track twice since diagnosis lol. I'm just not street driving. I am at risk of seizure, but I make solo passes. If I hit the wall you all will just have to chill while they scrape my *** up, sorry. You'd want the same in my shoes, I have to enjoy something.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man I hate to hear about that.

Good luck with everything, you have one wicked car.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:05 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Thanks!

My goal was a 9 second pump gas street driven car. I about hit it, went 10.14 at 139 last year. Broke the 4L60E and didn't get back to the track before snow flew. Went TH400 and hoped the TB and 2 step would get this thing off the line hard enough to really go deep 9's. I don't see why not, just trial and error. Needs more passes.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about the situation you're in... Any pics?
Old 06-23-2009, 06:26 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

I have some pics, actually if you look in the multimedia section and stuff under my name you can see some pics. I'll post some later.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:42 PM
On The Tree

sad to hear that. i hope everything works out for you.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

sorry to hear that man, good luck with the sale.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:46 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man! My prayers are with you. If I hear of anyone needing parts, I'll send them your way. Bob
Old 06-24-2009, 05:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

ill take the hood off your hands for a fair price if it will help you out!
Old 06-24-2009, 06:20 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

I am sorry to hear about your cancer. Personally I would hold off selling things unless you are really strapped for cash. It sounds like you have put a lot of work into it. If your treatment looks hopeful, I am sure down the road you will be grateful to have the car later on.

I wish you well, keep up the good fight, and hang in there
Old 06-24-2009, 06:23 AM
12 Second Club

Man So sorry to hear this. you have been around here for a long time & always been a good guy on the board & I can only assume that same personality carries over into your everyday life. Stay strong & never give up man. We have lost a few family members to cancer & I hate it when others have to go thru it as well even if I dont personally know you.

I wish I had the money to take that D1SC kit off your hands.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:36 AM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Thats awful to hear! My heart sincerely goes out to you and your family. I don't really need anything from your setup. Only thing I could think of that I don't have already is that truck intake hat. PM me whatever you think is a fair price, and I will take it off your hands. Again, sorry to hear what you are going thru. I can't even imagine going thru something like that, altho I'd be a better candidate than you. I'm just a loner. No wife and no kids or anything. If I could take your place, I'd volunteer. You have a lot more to live for. Sorry man Stay strong tho, and I hope you pull thru and beat this thing!
Old 06-24-2009, 07:25 AM
Launching!

sorry to here about your cancer. Good luck on both
Wish you well and Hang in there
Old 06-24-2009, 06:36 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Thanks for the kind words fellas!

Right now, I'm still planning things. I haven't put anything up or taken anything apart, just getting some ideas. If I do, I will sell the driveline first so to hopefully keep the roller together and useable. Selling the little parts will just keep the car from running for very little cash gain.

If anyone is interested, I will sell the car outright for a good price to the right guy. Turnkey, ready to rip. Lots invested, obviously.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

how much for car?
Old 06-24-2009, 07:13 PM
10 Second Club

I am really sorry to hear your situation. I hope you can pull threw that. Put a big post in the for sale section and see what hits you get on things.

If your rear end eas not a spool.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:56 PM
TECH Addict

I just went through this with my uncle... Man I praying for you big time my uncle is at 80% better now and so on. But I will keep my ear to the ground for you on parts bro .
Old 06-24-2009, 08:00 PM
TECH Junkie

damn man that sucks. good luck with everything
Old 06-24-2009, 10:19 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by trans2000am
how much for car?
I will take $29K as it sits, turn key with all spare parts and ready to go. 36K mile Z28, clean, all the parts you can think of. Seriously, I don't know of any parts I don't have on it. I spent $22K on just the longblock/blower/fuel system. I have easily $50K in this thing.

Quick Reply: Can anyone give me an idea what some parts are worth (parting car)?