Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

PCM learn mode for SC and 60#inj tune

Old 07-02-2009, 10:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PCM learn mode for SC and 60#inj tune

I installed a file with a tune for SC and 60#injectors, car didn't start, only black clouds of smoke when a single cylinder fired.
I decreased the InjectorFlowRate table by 300%, car started, it did rev up, but wasn't driveable (way too lean)
so I increased FlowRate to 260% car started but I had to keep it up to 1500 to 1800 otherwise it would have stalled, LTF's showed 0
After a few minutes LTF's went to somewhat -15 and car ran at idle just fine. Took it for a short test ride, but it was still way too lean.
Then I tried a bigger step back to the supposed FlowRate and installed the file with only 160% reduced FlowRate, car didn't start, only black smoke when a single cylinder fired.
Is it normal that you have to go in small steps to the FlowRate needed for boost so that the PCM can learn and adjust or did I do something funny?
Old 07-02-2009, 11:48 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It can learn at part throttle or compensate at part throttle some if things are in range. Wot fueling has to be set right.

You need to set the car properly for the new injectors. Get the IFR right and it should run not too bad although likley rich at idle if you are running like 60s and they are not set right in other areas beyond the basic IFR. I have my idle pretty good now but have rich decel but not sure should worry about that much.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:27 AM
On The Tree

I decided to wait for my wideband to arrive then I can see what my exact A/F ratio is
Old 07-03-2009, 07:47 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the injector offset and pulse width correct for the injectors? Even if the IFR is set correctly, the car will have big fuel issues if the offset and/or pulse width is wrong.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:49 AM
On The Tree

is there a DataBase somewhere for the Siemens 60# injectors?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PCM learn mode for SC and 60#inj tune