Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

turbo my current tsp heads cam 346 .. questions ..

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 03:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo my current tsp heads cam 346 .. questions ..

well i have a engine with a lil bit of work done to it sitting on one of my many eninge stands ..its basic . its a stock 346ci with tsp 5.3 heads and a torquer 3 cam arp heads bolts and katech rod bolts double roller chain and ported oil pump .. it has a fast 90/90 right now but thinking of maybe getting a edelbrock intake and using a elbow and 90tb or maybe just a ls6 intake ..

how much if any power and boost could this engine make the way its set up right now ..

im thinking of just selling it and buying a tsp 408 for boost and maybe just run a set of stock heads .. going with a big turbo and plenty of boost(overkill for now but maybe not later) .. for the 408 .. same turbo not too much boost if i plan on doing the 346 ..

everything else i have is more high compresion nitrous so this will be my first turbo v8 ..

looking for some advice on a set of stock heads that will be good for a turbo and a good turbo cam if what i have wont work. thanks .
Old 08-08-2009, 09:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

anyone ?
Old 08-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Restricted User

if you want to go budget get some 317 heads to lower compression and run an ls6 cam....you'll also need some bigger injectors and bigger fuel pump.... I would not run the fast 90 setup on a boost motor, i doubt youll see any gains from it just run an ls6 intake....

the best advice i can give you is save for a forged shortblock!!!! I started with 6psi with the mods in my sig......then got greedy and went to 9psi, then killed a piston shortly after!!!!!! Make sure to run a fmic and/or meth to help cool that air it'll help alot!!!!!! Get a good tune (this is the most important part)!!!!

I am working on a budget boost 5.3L right now.... hoping for 600hp!
Old 08-10-2009, 05:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks ! thats what i figured .. too big of a cam and also maybe too much compression with the prc heads ... uggh looks like ill just order the tsp long block ..

Quick Reply: turbo my current tsp heads cam 346 .. questions ..