Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Car wont pass 3600rpm

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car wont pass 3600rpm

2000 z28 masterpower T70 walbro pump 42lb injectors @ 3bar so 54 on ls1 fuel pressure. Redid the turbo set up this week little better design ran good @ 4psi just had to be careful cause i didnt have a waste gate. Got the waste gate, welded it up and started car use same tune file nothing on the car changed sime metal shavings from welding the exhaust in froze the turbo up for a minute guess i wasnt able to remove them all but no real damage rotated the impeller backwards and freed them up started the car turbo spools all the way up to 3000 no issues so i get into the car headed back down to finish my day at the dream cruise here in michigan go to do a burn out in front of like couple hundred people on the side of the road parked by the pheonix center car gets to 3600-3650rpm and feels like you hit the top speed limiter cut off for those of you that know what thats like its kinda violant ver hard abrupt shut off then all i smell is unburnt gas for a second or two afterwards dont know how to post scans up here but i do have a scan of the problem. anyone have any idea its not a miss on 1 cylinder its like they all shut down at once... does it in ever gear at exact same rpm