Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

02 z28 w/ vortech leaking oil

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 z28 w/ vortech leaking oil

So within the last couple of month my 02 z28 with a V-9 SQ G-Trim has been running rough. It idles up when slowing down, some times it idles till it almost dies. Its thrown a couple of codes. But after a couple of days it starts running good again, but then runs rough again.

When it first started with the problems I pulled off the vortech plumbing and made sure I had no air leaks pr noticed anything unusual. At the time I didnt notice anything. Well today I pulled it all off again and found oil in all the plumbing the MAF, and air filter.

I bought the kit new in o2 and it has 62k on it. Im assuming the blower is leaking oil some where. Unfortunetly my mechanic skills are lacking. So I plan on taking it to the guy who did the install and dyno back in 02.

But at this point what are my options? ie send to vortech for rebuild, see if local shop can repair? upgrade to a bigger blower, etc. Also what other problems could this cause my car?

Up until now this car has ran flawless.

Thanks
Old 09-11-2009, 02:22 PM
On The Tree

I would double check the oil feed connection going into the head unit. The brass fittings can and will at times get loose.

Do you know for certain that its not actually coming from the head unit itself?
Old 09-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by cputech
I would double check the oil feed connection going into the head unit. The brass fittings can and will at times get loose.

Do you know for certain that its not actually coming from the head unit itself?
Just the oil feed connection and its clean and tight. Im assuming its the head unit since most the oil is within the tubing, including the aftercooler.

Looks like I might be able to remove the head unit. I just have to figure out how to remove the pulley.