Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Budget Fuel System for Maxing Out D1-SC

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 01:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Budget Fuel System for Maxing Out D1-SC

I am currently in the process of installing a D1-SC kit with ATI 8 rib setup on my forged 347. Right now, I have a Racetronix fuel system with 42 lb. injectors. My current budget for this project is quickly running out though so even though my motor could easily handle over 15 psi, I didn't want to spend $1,200 on a big fuel system (not to mention the price of new injectors). My goal was to get as close to 800 rwhp as possible in the cheapest way possible.

Since I already have a NX dry nitrous kit on the car, one initial idea I had was to just run this blower at 10 psi. for now (coming close to the limits of this FS) and upgrading the dry kit to a wet with a small 50 shot. After doing more research on spraying with a blower (and I did explore every different method) it just seems like too much trouble for a small and possibly unpredictable power adding method.

I have finally decided to just go ahead and suck it up and step up to a new FS and send this 4.38" pulley back in trade for a 3.4" so I can just max this thing out. Now I come to the fuel system questions. I will be changing my injectors out to 60 pounders and I want to try and build my own system using what I already have with the Racetronix to get me safely to that 850 rwhp threshold. Keep in mind that I am installing a good methanol kit with this blower as well so that should give me a little extra assurance. Can I get away with simply adding an additional Walboro 255 pump to my existing system using the upgrades in this DIY FS sticky:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-i...ick-cheap.html

If I do this, will my stock fuel rails be ok for now or will I have to buy bigger ones?

I will also have a bunch of stuff coming off this car to sell to help fund the project as well: underdrive pulleys, NX dry kit w/all accessories, RAM AIR rad support, carbon fiber lid, and 42 lb. injectors.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:36 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Somewhere around the 700/750 rwhp mark, two pumps combined with the stock fuel system will be maxed out. The two pumps can handle much more than that, but the fuel system will need to be upgraded. You will probably be able to get by with using the stock fuel line as a return line, and add a larger fuel line and turn it into a return style system.

Take a look at what we did on this T/A, which had a D-1SC that we maxed out. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=42 Bob
Old 10-03-2009, 08:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

you should also go with mototron 80's in place of the 60's, at ~780rw the 60's will be out of steam, and that's if you are spraying a ton of methanol as well... been there...
80's will be perfect for your goal, and the data is there for support just like the 60's, so tuning is a breeze...
Old 10-03-2009, 09:01 AM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Big
you should also go with mototron 80's in place of the 60's, at ~780rw the 60's will be out of steam, and that's if you are spraying a ton of methanol as well... been there...
80's will be perfect for your goal, and the data is there for support just like the 60's, so tuning is a breeze...
So just where exactly is the data for these 80# injectors? I have them and can't find any info, and neither can my tuner.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think my fuel system was around $1700, don't remember, but that is one thing you don't want to skimp on, a sub $1000 fuel system most likely won't max out the setup. I say, if you're on a budget, built the back end of it first, i.e. pumps and lines, then go to the stock rails with 60's. Make 700RWHP, then when you have the money, add the rails, reg, bigger injectors etc.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I like the sound of the big single Aeromotive pump Bob. I would definitely want to get that billet controller too because I take the car on occasional long trips to get certain work done or go to car shows. The Nasty Performance Stage 3 Street Kit seems like a pretty good bang for the buck, but it is over $1,400! How are their kits as far as continuous street driving?

Help fund this project:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts...l#post12311657
Old 10-03-2009, 06:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Nasty Stage 3 system on my car with 60lb injectors. It was a nice kit. Lonnies did a hell of a job with the sending unit. It was a pretty simple install. The sending unit looked stock when I got it back.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Somewhere around the 700/750 rwhp mark, two pumps combined with the stock fuel system will be maxed out. The two pumps can handle much more than that, but the fuel system will need to be upgraded. You will probably be able to get by with using the stock fuel line as a return line, and add a larger fuel line and turn it into a return style system.

Take a look at what we did on this T/A, which had a D-1SC that we maxed out. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=42 Bob
Bob,

I looked into running that big Aeromotive pump for my setup but the problem is that unlike the 98 T/A you guys did it on here, my 2000 doesn't have a metal gas tank. I would have to get a whole different tank with the proper baffles to make this work. Damn!
Old 10-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Teching In

glad to see it's all coming together man!

Quick Reply: Budget Fuel System for Maxing Out D1-SC