Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Tight space, Truck manifolds?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tight space, Truck manifolds?

Hi!
Im quite new here, but have been searching alot since ive found this forum.
My RX7 is getting 4.4L more, and ill keep the same Òld turbo!
I was planning to make my own manifolds but thats an expensive task and i really wanna buy something insted.
Can any of you kind fellow members with a truck manifold measure the widht from the flange to the outside of the rear cylinder? Im wounder if it`ll fit the seven as i pushed the engine far rear. It has to go clear the brake booster etc. I got aproxx 4 Inches.

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-04-2009, 11:42 PM
TECH Addict

Looks like it would be tight but MIGHT fit.... can you do any massaging in that area if its close?

I would just try to find a manifold to test fit... that would be the best idea. It would be hard to measure well enough probably...
Old 10-05-2009, 01:34 AM
Staging Lane

I can cut two more inches, and then one more with alot of modifying. with the extra two i got around 4". I have to order them from the states so i was hoping to check first if they fit or not.
I can buy them and just make em fit, though =D
Cutting that firwall and moving the engine far rear made alot more problems then i first imagined!
Old 10-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i couldnt use the truck manifolds in my lsx turbo FD. but it looks like you have an FC. im not sure but it thought the fc has a wider frame rail. i ended up using c6 manifolds flipped forward. ive got a spare set of truck manifolds. if you can measure your frame rail width i can check and see if they will work for. pm me measurements if your interested
Old 10-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Staging Lane

You got a PM!
I Didnt think the width of the engine bay should be an issue. My problem, as i see it, is the space between the manifold and the brake booster (not on picture)

Quick Reply: Tight space, Truck manifolds?