Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

The GTO we are trying to get ready for the Shootout!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sucks to hear that the tube goat is on hold, I was kinda hoping that car would take supercharged LS's to the next level. It probably would have had a chance to be the fastest LS car ever by dipping into the mid 6's.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:11 PM
Restricted User

You guys should try a T-56 magnum.. they seem to be better than what comes in the goats from the factory
Old 10-30-2009, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
We got this GTO back together with a Wavetrac. The car turns so much easier than it did with the locker, it made a huge difference. We decided to take the car to our local track last night. Brent ran the car as I have a pinched nerve in my neck. He came out at 4000 on the first run and it hooked so hard it bogged. It went a 2.?? 60 ft, granny shifted it to a 11.30 or so at 134 mph on that run with the blower belt slipping. We tightened down the blower belt and Brent went back to the line for his 2nd run and came out at 6000 rpm. Keep in mind this 809 rwhp GTO has a Moser M9 with a Wavetrac, 3.50 gears now and a torque arm, with M/T 325/50R15's. Something broke in the built 6 speed trans, car doesn't move in any gear.... Oh, did I mention I drove this GTO to the track... We needed to get break in miles on the drivetrain. We're picking it up today. This car desperately needs a 4L80E transmission. We can tell this new rear is going to work great, even with the stock front suspension! Bob
Bob, I sent you the video of the runs at Muncie Wed.You should have recieved them today if not look for them on Sat.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:48 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FMS_FTW
You guys should try a T-56 magnum.. they seem to be better than what comes in the goats from the factory
It turned out to be the output shaft that broke in the transmission. RPM Transmissions ordered a much stronger 32 spline output shaft, and with some machine work and a turbo 400 yoke, we should have it back at the track within a week. Thanks to Rodney at RPM Transmissions!

Originally Posted by BLNLS1/RX7
Bob, I sent you the video of the runs at Muncie Wed.You should have recieved them today if not look for them on Sat.
Thanks Steve, I appreciate it! I'll look for it when I get to the shop. Bob
Old 10-31-2009, 07:01 PM
Launching!

It turned out to be the output shaft that broke in the transmission. RPM Transmissions ordered a much stronger 32 spline output shaft, and with some machine work and a turbo 400 yoke, we should have it back at the track within a week. Thanks to Rodney at RPM Transmissions!

Thanks Steve, I appreciate it! I'll look for it when I get to the shop. Bob

RPM makes a 32 pline main for a m12? I thought G-force was the only ones? If you dont mind me asking whats the weight of the GTO? Im wondering because I have a M10 and trying to do what you are and dont want to snap it. Mines a 33 spline though out of a SSR.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:16 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by haighter
RPM makes a 32 pline main for a m12? I thought G-force was the only ones? If you dont mind me asking whats the weight of the GTO? Im wondering because I have a M10 and trying to do what you are and dont want to snap it. Mines a 33 spline though out of a SSR.
What RPM is going to install is for an SSR, so it probably is the same 33 spline that you have. I must of heard Rodney wrong when I thought he told me it was a 32 spline. It will definitely be a lot stronger than the GTO shaft.

The GTO weighs 3538 without a driver. Bob

Old 11-01-2009, 10:37 AM
Launching!

What RPM is going to install is for an SSR, so it probably is the same 33 spline that you have. I must of heard Rodney wrong when I thought he told me it was a 32 spline. It will definitely be a lot stronger than the GTO shaft.

The GTO weighs 3538 without a driver. Bob

I could be wrong onthe spline count, I know it has one if not two more splines then the viper. If I rem right the viper is 31. I really want to see if your set up will hold together before I have mine finished. I don't want to have to keep breaking stuff in my trans. When I talked to rpm they said that the trans could hold 750 rwhp because of the 2.91 first gear. I hope to be at about 3100 lbs without me in it and max out my F1R on my 403 with meth and some spray. I really don't want to go auto because it's a street car and I long to shift. When will you guys have the trans back and race it again? Also what clutch are you using?
Old 11-02-2009, 04:11 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

I could be wrong onthe spline count, I know it has one if not two more splines then the viper. If I rem right the viper is 31. I really want to see if your set up will hold together before I have mine finished. I don't want to have to keep breaking stuff in my trans. When I talked to rpm they said that the trans could hold 750 rwhp because of the 2.91 first gear. I hope to be at about 3100 lbs without me in it and max out my F1R on my 403 with meth and some spray. I really don't want to go auto because it's a street car and I long to shift. When will you guys have the trans back and race it again? Also what clutch are you using?
We hope to be back at the track this coming weekend with this GTO. We are currently at 809 rwhp, probably more now that I drove the car 60 miles to the track and the engine got some miles on it. We'll be adding methanol to it and we're going to try a Reichard blower pulley as we're seeing belt slippage. We hope to end up around 900 rwhp when we're done tuning it.

We installed a Spec twin disc clutch assembly pn# SC66PT in this GTO. Bob
Old 11-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Launching!

I just counted it. It's a 32 spline main on my m10.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:08 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BLNLS1/RX7
Steve, thanks for the copy. Brent and I watched it yesterday.

I just counted it. It's a 32 spline main on my m10.
Cool, thanks! Bob
Old 11-07-2009, 04:31 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Muncie Dragway today opens at 10:00. VHT is reportedly going to be put down all the way down the track! Rodney from RPM Transmissions is running Cody's GTO for us today. (809 rwhp and a six speed) Brent can't make it and I have a pinched nerve in my neck so I don't want to try driving this beast. Bob
Old 11-07-2009, 08:10 AM
TECH Veteran

Rodney hooked me up when my M6 output shaft in the C5 did the same thing, before he moved to his new shop. Awesome guy. Good luck with the runs Bob. Cannot wait to see how this thing does.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:54 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

The Wavetrac performed flawlessly Saturday at the track. Clearly this GTO now needs to ditch the oem front shocks and springs. 60 ft time was in the 1.55 range. The drag radial/manual transmission combo isn't the best either, a bias ply ET Street would work much better with the manual transmission, but the drag radial works much better as an all around street tire. We're seeing a lot of belt slippage above 4000 rpm wit the F-1C. Word is that Innovators West took over on the pulley's that Richard was making, I'm going to get one on order. The GTO only ran a 10.70 something granny shifting it on the first time down the track Saturday with Rodney from RPM Transmission driving it. He wanted to make one pass taking it easy on the car to get use to it. The next pass he tried coming out at 6000 rpm and the rear tires went up in smoke. We were getting ready for the third pass and Rodney discovered the steering wheel was loose! This steering wheel has never been out of the car! WTF... Rodney took the car back to his shop and he is going to tighten up the steering wheel for us, then we'll pick the car up and get it back to my shop. Rodney has been a huge help with this GTO lately. He swapped out the stock 27 spline output transmission shaft for us for a 32 spline shaft, which required quite a few modifications, along with a turbo 400 yoke. This required a lot of work, and Rodney hasn't even given me a bill yet!!! Rodney even put new bushings in the Hurst shifter to get rid of some of the slop that was in it. Bob
Old 11-10-2009, 07:07 AM
10 Second Club

Great build guys I love how this goat looks with what you guys have done it is just badass. I hope to have mine backhalved one day.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:09 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

This is page 96 from the Feb 2010 issue of GM High-Tech Performance magazine. Bob
Old 11-12-2009, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

congrats on makin it in GMHTP epp
Old 11-13-2009, 04:36 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BadMonkey
Rodney hooked me up when my M6 output shaft in the C5 did the same thing, before he moved to his new shop. Awesome guy. Good luck with the runs Bob. Cannot wait to see how this thing does.
Thanks, we appreciate it.

Originally Posted by plumcrazy1
Great build guys I love how this goat looks with what you guys have done it is just badass. I hope to have mine backhalved one day.
Thanks, it's been quite a project.

Originally Posted by LS1-NAVY
congrats on makin it in GMHTP epp
Thanks, it's about time we start advertising in the best magazine out there! Bob

Quick Reply: The GTO we are trying to get ready for the Shootout!