Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Help! AFR 225cc. What springs???

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 03:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Help! AFR 225cc. What springs???

This maybe a shot in the dark, but I need an answer from guys who are using AFR 225cc heads. What springs are you using? I bought these heads 3 years ago with the standard valve springs part#8017 (135lbs on the seat/360lbs per sq.inch). My tuner had my car on the dyno the other day trying to finish the tune, but the valves start floating @ 4200rpm on 12lbs of boost, and power just drops dramatically. So, I'm hoping to get some answers from guys who are specifically using these heads or maybe atleast somewhat very similar to it. Thanks!
Old 11-03-2009, 03:32 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Boo"SS"t
This maybe a shot in the dark, but I need an answer from guys who are using AFR 225cc heads. What springs are you using? I bought these heads 3 years ago with the standard valve springs part#8017 (135lbs on the seat/360lbs per sq.inch). My tuner had my car on the dyno the other day trying to finish the tune, but the valves start floating @ 4200rpm on 12lbs of boost, and power just drops dramatically. So, I'm hoping to get some answers from guys who are specifically using these heads or maybe atleast somewhat very similar to it. Thanks!
I use the AFR 225's but with their upgraded springs. Call over there and order a set.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm assuming you have the AFR part#8019 springs, and still running on hydraulic roller lifters?!! Are you using any shims? How much boost and power are those springs are currently supporting on your set-up? I was thinking that the optional springs might still not be enough, but it seems you don't have any problems with your combo, thus the reason why I'm asking how much boost and power. Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it! I don't know I didn't go with the optional springs back then....