Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F1C siezed on me today. Anyone send their blower in to Procharger?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default F1C siezed on me today. Anyone send their blower in to Procharger?

Went to the local track today and got a few runs in with the new setup. On my fourth run about halfway down the track I heard some weird sounds, and pulled over right after the run. Car wouldn't crank over. I thought for a second that the motor had seized. It wasn't until we towed the car back to the shop we saw that the motor was fine, but the blower had seized and wasn't allowing the motor to turn over. We took off the blower belt, and the car fired right up..
So what have peoples experiences been with Procharger and sending in blowers to be repaired. I have had this unit for about 2 years, but it only has about 500 miles on it, a few dyno pulls, and 4 runs at the track. We saw small aluminum shavings by the outlet, so that isn't a good sign..
Old 11-07-2009, 11:45 PM
kp
8 Second Club

If you see metal in the outlet and no oil good chance something got in there, either that or the bearing failed quick and the impeller crashed on the housing.

Either way it wont be cheap if the impeller is damaged but aside from buying a new head unit you have little choice but to have them fix it. You can buy the bearings and seals and fix it yourself if just a bearing siezed but it sounds like more then that happened.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

there was oil in there as well..grayish oil
Old 11-08-2009, 01:06 AM
kp
8 Second Club

All you can do is take it apart and see, if the impeller is wrecked you may as well send it in.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:59 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had similar oil symptoms on my P1SC-1 (but mine wasn't locked up thankfully) just some louder-than-ordinary whistling noises and an oil leak and 20k on it so I sent it in for service a couple of weeks ago - greyish oil sediment and a few tiny silver pieces when I drained the oil to send it in.

I sent it in two weeks ago (they told me to expect 3-4 week turnaround as they're pretty backed up) but I got the call yesterday and it should be back next week - they went over the whole thing and said it just needed seals and that the other parts were fine.

Overall A+ for them for my first service experience...

Rob (Bad30th)
Old 11-08-2009, 12:17 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was tuning a car on the dyno that totally fragged a 5-yr old D1sc. I don't remember the details, but Procharger got him fixed up quicker and cheaper than I thought it would have been.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:41 PM
9 Second Club

that sux
Old 11-08-2009, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Frost
I was tuning a car on the dyno that totally fragged a 5-yr old D1sc. I don't remember the details, but Procharger got him fixed up quicker and cheaper than I thought it would have been.
we gotta see pics of that Steve
Old 11-08-2009, 05:33 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
we gotta see pics of that Steve
I have them; I looked for them earlier and couldn't find them though.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:36 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

That sucks Jimmy, did you run anything anything? Did Pete run too?
Old 11-08-2009, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

if they know its their fault like a design flaw or error they will fix it for free trere really nice people. when my brother got his d1sc kit for his 417sbc ttype about idk 6-8 years ago id say it came with a differant than todays bracket. it would go tru belts left and right. i mean it was really bad. about 2 years ago procharger had a stand at the california speedway and my brother talked to the guy in charge and told him his belt problem. and he sent him the new better style brackets in exchange for his old ones for free.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Any idea what they charged him?

I will call them tommorow after we pull the blower off and see what they say about it. I have had the unit for about 2 years, but its barely been used in those 2 years..so I dont think they will offer much of a warranty on a 2 year old head unit, but we will see.

That sucks Jimmy, did you run anything anything? Did Pete run too?
I got four runs in but had a couple of issues. Main one is that it was pulling hard to the right, I couldn't realy go full throttle without the car wanting to switch lanes
I kept doing more runs just to get used to launching it. Best 60ft I had on the trans break and 2 step set at 4400rpms was a 1.56. Best run of the night was a 10.8 @104..That was the run that the blower siezed on me. It was also part throttle after the 60ft.
Pete didn't bring the Camaro that day, he brought his T-Type instead.

Last edited by Jimmy P; 11-08-2009 at 11:36 PM.

Quick Reply: F1C siezed on me today. Anyone send their blower in to Procharger?