Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

2010 camaro tvs2300 questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2010 camaro tvs2300 questions

What's up, I had a few questions my charger comes i'n next week and I'll be putting it on myself. I had to give my Vin and stuff to magna for the tuner they give you before you install the blower. Is this tune gonna be fine not to hurt the engine? Or should I still have it dyno tuned? I live 2 hours from the nearest dyno so it kinda a pain i'n the *** to drive there if this tune is fine. I've put AR headers, electric cutouts, full exhaust and a hynessey cold air intake. Anyone have a similar setup? Curious on what the hP would be after this blower. thanks for the help guys
Old 07-24-2010, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The stock tune they give you is designed to be SAFE. It's not going to make the most power as a custom tune, but it won't hurt anything. I would still get it tuned by a good tuner experienced in LS motors and the TVS blowers. I want every last bit of power though, lol.

Quick question:

Did you tell Magnuson you have the headers, exhaust, and intake? If not then the tune they send may be off a little.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:22 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they didn't do the tune for the other modifications, it will be off and needs to be dynoed with a wideband to find out how much... I've seen their tunes be off lean when the vehicle had other mods done like headers.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

The Magnacharger tune is good-enough until you can get a real tune; because it really makes a difference.

Quick Reply: 2010 camaro tvs2300 questions