Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

couple questions for the remote turbo guys...

Old 08-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile couple questions for the remote turbo guys...

First off im working on a 99 5.0 ford explorer...dont condemn me ive owned ls powered vehicles and the ford boys arent answering my questions.
what ive figured out so far:
i have intercooler and piping,
bov, wastegate
hpx pmas sensor/connector
42lb injectors
255lph pump
-8 nitrous bottle line that i want to use for feed line
4 inch k&n and a bunch of exhaust piping
a wideband
a lincoln flux core welder
2 oil pumps from a remote oil tank on a diesel truck(may use for scavenge pump)
I know i can use tranny line and plum the return oil system.
My questions are:
R u guys using something to disrupt oil in the feed line when the vehicle shuts off so oil doesnt stay in the turbo and cook?
I thought of using a nitrous solenoid on all the time with a jet in it as an oil restrictor for the -8 line and placing an oil pressure gauge between the pump and the turbo, i could than run the scavenge pump for a few seconds after shut down and be done. For crankcase ventilation i was going to put a check valve in line to the pcv and vent the tube from the valve cover to a catch can...Ive got it mostly figured out...just oil feed and turbo selection questions.
Is this necessary? Is a restrictor necessary?
the motor is stock gt40p which is a 5.0 with a little better heads than stock and a cobra intake. Im leaving the motor stock. The factory piping is 2.25 and runs split to the rear almost all the way back, i was gonna remove all cats and muffler and run the two pipes into a y that was 3" outlet into the turbo, and heat wrap the hole hotside.
Last question, turbo suggestions????Im gonna tune for 10lbs max, the motor is stock, i dont want lag or too much back pressure.
I was considering the 60-1 p trim master power with ??? .ar exhaust housing.
Sorry about the book, i just want to do something different and on the cheap...i had almost all of this in my possession already....comments please?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: couple questions for the remote turbo guys...