Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Precision 76GTS pictures with stock radiator

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 03:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think my next upgrade will be a cut-out like yours.

Do you think the gains would be worth doing a 3.5" or 4" cut-out? I have 3.5" DP and 3" exhaust all the way out. The 3" would be easy to do in the I-pipe, doing the it on the 3.5" section of the DP would be very tricky.

If I just welded in a piece of 3.5" or 4" tube like you did (short piece) in my 2' long section of I-pipe I could do what you did.

What were the gains that you saw on the dyno if you have dyno'd it closed vs. open?
Old 07-19-2011, 04:39 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

When I was on the dyno I was just diagnosing my misfire issue, I wasn't tuning it at all. It was at 10.0-10.2 AFR. Turns out my stock coils were junk, if you look close I have D585 heat sink truck coils now. I honestly forgot to dyno with the cutout closed When I was N/A I gained 17hp / 14 ftlbs through out the entire curve with the exhaust open vs being closed. I will redyno my car with this turbo when I get my new wastegate, I can get on it anytime since I tune the local LSX cars in the area and am friends with the dyno guys.

There is a noticeable spool difference with the cutout open, seems to spool much quicker. I doubt there are much if any gains with my 4" cutout vs a 3.5" cutout, I just did it to future proof myself in case I ever end up with a 4" downpipe in there. You should check out NicD's setup, he went 151.7 mph with a 3" down pipe on his 76GTS, his turbo is maxed out from what he told me https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...-new-best.html
Old 07-19-2011, 06:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I hope to be picking up one of these this weekend.

Quick Reply: Precision 76GTS pictures with stock radiator