Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

AtomicFusion 2.0 Official Twin 88MM 2500+hp build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 09:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by koolrayz
Do you realize the 106 in his current setup is a GT55-106 that only makes 180# of air. There is no way it will make the power you are talking about. A true large frame 106 @ 220# maybe, but not with his current turbo. As far as the weight and the rest of the chassis I agree whole heartedly.

Good luck with the new build Mark.

Exactly, what you dont know is there are reasons you know knothing about that have him crutching the IRS system along. Those reasons are not going to go away.
Damn a little on the pissy side tonight are we?

I know that diff can't take a lot of power, which is why I said go to a solid axle.

And don't worry, my car will be knocking on the door of 5.50's next year when the motor get's forged this winter, so maybe I'll have more know it all ness then once going faster helps me understand these things only you know so much about.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:52 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by atomicfusion
I remember you, it was nice meeting you too, and no offense was taken... believe me we have been talking about this build since last year, so I have been watching the rule books pretty closely.

No, I am never happy...

I agree, the 80's are probably enough, and who knows, we may even start with a smaller turbo and change out, but ultimately I will want the big ones on there. Actually I want bigger than 88's, but the class won't allow it and the chassis isn't ready for it yet. I will make sure that this build will support up to a 94mm turbo so I don't have to redo the whole turbo kit again though.

My car only 60's in the 1.27-1.33 range on the IRS, but that will be different next year. I do have a BUNCH of chassis work going on this off season. What you don't know is the car is waiting on a slot at Holt Race Cars to get the entire front end redone and for them to see what can be done in the back.

We can't go to 3000#'s since the class will require I weight 3300 with the twins, but we have already pulled 250lbs out of the car and it hasn't made it to the chassis shop yet. Expect it to be lighter next year with a target weight of 3200lbs so we can put weight where we need it.

I realize that the old combe didn't hit it's theoretical limits, but the rods sure did. When that happened, I lost the block. Sure, I could just replace the short block and keep going with what I had, but I want to make sure I am competitive next year. The turbo I have was maxed out at 28psi at 7800rpms and even lower at 8500+ rpms. To add a larger frame turbo we had to redo the turbo kit anyway. Why not sell a working model that has been 7.75@184 and capable of more while it is still 100% and build a kit that I can work my way into.

this next kit should be big enough for me to grow into.

Rest assured of 1 thing. I didn't just go "ok we blew up let's start from scratch" we have been planning this build all year. You can read the article FSC did about me back in the spring where we were talking about this build.... now it is time to get out the welders and make some power!
Now that was a good post.

Sounds like a solid plan that laid out, will work just the way you want I'm sure.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:32 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
And don't worry, my car will be knocking on the door of 5.50's next year when the motor get's forged this winter, so maybe I'll have more know it all ness then once going faster helps me understand these things only you know so much about.
My issue with you has nothing to do with how fast you go. It is your nonstop bla bla bla about things that you have no clue about. I saw a post were you state that you have no time for gossip just for going fast. If that’s true then get out in the garage instead of nut swinging on this website. Hell you can’t read a thread in this section without every third post being some more bla bla bla.
As far as my "know it all ness" I am far from a know it all in general knowledge. I do happen to have forgotten more about Marks car then you will ever know due to the fact that we race together, live fairly close to one another and talk on the phone a lot. I know for a fact that I am not the only one sick of your mindless banter.

I'll end with an old proverb. Knowledge speaks but wisdom listens, try and remember that. This post should be good for a couple more "I like to beat a dead horse" posts from you, maybe you could tell us one more time that Marks car really would be faster with a torque arm or some other Captain Obvious ****.
Mark I am sorry for shitting in your thread with this off topic crap.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:28 AM
7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's cool Ray, thanks for all the help you have given. Good luck with your new buildcoming soon too. As you already know I would love to switchmy rear end out, but I want that IRS record before I do. Also, I have sponsors that have helped me on this attempt and I would hate to give up when I am so close.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:29 AM
TECH Veteran

What is the IRS record anyhow?
Old 10-13-2011, 08:54 AM
10 Second Club

My issue with you has nothing to do with how fast you go. It is your nonstop bla bla bla about things that you have no clue about. I saw a post were you state that you have no time for gossip just for going fast. If that’s true then get out in the garage instead of nut swinging on this website. Hell you can’t read a thread in this section without every third post being some more bla bla bla.
As far as my "know it all ness" I am far from a know it all in general knowledge. I do happen to have forgotten more about Marks car then you will ever know due to the fact that we race together, live fairly close to one another and talk on the phone a lot. I know for a fact that I am not the only one sick of your mindless banter.

I'll end with an old proverb. Knowledge speaks but wisdom listens, try and remember that. This post should be good for a couple more "I like to beat a dead horse" posts from you, maybe you could tell us one more time that Marks car really would be faster with a torque arm or some other Captain Obvious ****.
Mark I am sorry for shitting in your thread with this off topic crap.
I'm so glad you feel that way.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:06 AM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by JAX04
What is the IRS record anyhow?
There is a Viper that has been 7.52. As far as I know, that is the fastest anyone has ever gone.

My Best is 7.75, so I have a ways to go, but it should be an achievable goal.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:13 AM
7 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There is a Viper that has been 7.52. As far as I know, that is the fastest anyone has ever gone.

Sals viper is a local car, its been 7.52 on a soft 1/8 mile, we dont do much 1/4 mile racing around here. But I can tell you, his car will go 7.teens at the next 1/4 mile race which is at the beginning a november.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:19 AM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by Phil99vette
Sals viper is a local car, its been 7.52 on a soft 1/8 mile, we dont do much 1/4 mile racing around here. But I can tell you, his car will go 7.teens at the next 1/4 mile race which is at the beginning a november.
Last time I spoke with Sal he had gone 4.8 in the 1/8th. He has the potential to be much faster than he has for sure. I don't take anything away from him. What he has accomplished is nothing short of great, and if he does better than good for him. I intend to push towards that goal and wish him all the best.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

goals don't have to be anyone's but your own! i feel that pressure every trip to the track and look at my sacrifices and compromises.. and its all good in the end as long as you are doing it for you.

i have no doubt the rediculousness of this car will step up to a new level, and everybody on here is happy to see that there is a guy on here rediculous enough to do it.. and we get to watch!

pretty sure that viper is shaping up to make some hard hits still this year. last i saw he ran a 7.6 at 14x on the brakes when he was at 155mph half track.. both cars are sick sick sick and need to line up!!!

good luck and let me know if i can come sweep or something lol.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:26 AM
7 Second Club

Last time I spoke with Sal he had gone 4.8 in the 1/8th. He has the potential to be much faster than he has for sure. I don't take anything away from him. What he has accomplished is nothing short of great, and if he does better than good for him. I intend to push towards that goal and wish him all the best.
He has been bottom 70s now and that 7.52 was on a 4.94 if I remember correctly.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow this is going to be kickass, I can't wait, i hope first pass out will be an easy low 7 or high 6. I got the camcorder charged and ready lol.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:06 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

This. The running joke at the race was that this was Ryan messing around. Take it from me, founder of this board, you need to dial back the feedback to the really fast guys because you are just replying back with something you read somewhere else, and it got really old this weekend, we all kept talking about you.

Mark, good luck!
Old 10-13-2011, 02:23 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
goals don't have to be anyone's but your own! i feel that pressure every trip to the track and look at my sacrifices and compromises.. and its all good in the end as long as you are doing it for you.

i have no doubt the rediculousness of this car will step up to a new level, and everybody on here is happy to see that there is a guy on here rediculous enough to do it.. and we get to watch!

pretty sure that viper is shaping up to make some hard hits still this year. last i saw he ran a 7.6 at 14x on the brakes when he was at 155mph half track.. both cars are sick sick sick and need to line up!!!

good luck and let me know if i can come sweep or something lol.

If I were you and anyone said anything to me I'd just say, look at the stack of LSX blocks I have and Shut the F*** Up.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Well, i def wish you the best of luck! We all see you been after it for little bit now. Best of luck man! Ill be watching!
Old 10-13-2011, 02:27 PM
TECH Veteran

If I were you and anyone said anything to me I'd just say, look at the stack of LSX blocks I have and Shut the F*** Up.
This! Classic! I love it! Sig worthy right their man!
Old 10-13-2011, 04:22 PM
7 Second Club

If anyone knows of anyone looking for a Single Turbo kit for a Corvette, send them my way... mine is off and ready for a new home.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:28 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil99vette
x2, Andy's car will easily go 200. They were only at 26ish# of boost and not much timing in the motor to go 195mph. What turbos are on the LMR car, 88s?
If I remember correctly they're 47-88s.

Originally Posted by maro69camaro
How about a limb? I might be will to give up a arm but only the left
This is going to be a SUPER BUILD cant wait..
My roomate doesn't know he's willing to donate yet, but he will be....
Old 10-13-2011, 04:42 PM
8 Second Club

Good luck mark , with your up coming build you should have no problem reaching your goal.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

+1 for the IRS record goal(you crazy bastard).

-no disrespect

..and just for the hell of it, curious of the price of the kit your selling. public or pm, either.

Quick Reply: AtomicFusion 2.0 Official Twin 88MM 2500+hp build Thread