Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Update on my KY turbo build..since break in.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 01:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well either way it doesn't change anything by making this thread and do a bunch of mud slinging. It hurts both of ya then. My hats of to ya for being patient and I'm sure it'll turn out good for you. Just give Josh some time. Chill pills go a long way in situations like this and it turns out for the best for everyone. I feel for ya on the ride and it being summer and all tho. Good luck to you. Like I said Josh is a stand up dude. He'll make it right with you. He didn't come this far by screwing people over. Integrity is the first building block to turbo shops in this neck of the woods. Too many companies come and gone with other peoples money. He hasn't done that and that's why he's still here and has as much business as he has. Have a little faith man.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Is 2 years not enough time? Good lord people, detach from his nuts. That's pretty ample time to have been done.... Dude has enough rights to bitch or complain at this point!
Old 05-15-2012, 09:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BLWN1
Is 2 years not enough time? Good lord people, detach from his nuts. That's pretty ample time to have been done.... Dude has enough rights to bitch or complain at this point!
You're in KY why don't you just stop on by KYTP and tell Josh how you really feel about him and his business?
Old 05-15-2012, 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

If it was my car I would, 18 months ago....
Old 05-15-2012, 05:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I highly doubt that the car being at KYTP for two years is Joshes fault, more than likely its a money issue on the customer side. I have talked to Josh and he has always been helpful.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:32 PM
Teching In

Josh is a stand up guy, he will make it right. LS1Lover is correct, Josh has had many cars come in and sit and occupying valuable shop space when money stops coming in. I have seen the same 4 cars for YEARS sitting in same spot half completed, waiting on money from owners.
Josh's attention to detail and quality of work is second to no one, plus his knowledge of building a proper turbo setup for YOUR NEEDS is great. He's not out to screw anyone, he has guided ALOT OF MIS-GUIDED people into the right direction at no cost.
He's upgrading the car I was hired to race and my own X275 build. But myself and other car owner know, we are inline till a spot opens up.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheLS1Lover
I highly doubt that the car being at KYTP for two years is Joshes fault, more than likely its a money issue on the customer side. I have talked to Josh and he has always been helpful.

Kinda what I was getting at....
Old 05-15-2012, 07:18 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah op i dont see your point, i almost feel your thread is a threat, listen i understand how you feel, its a bad deal, im sure josh will make it right its just going to take time. Yes i would be frustrated and mad , your at the breaking point, i would give josh the time he asked for and see by the end of 60 days what the deal is, but i will add 2 years is a very,very long time to have your car somewhere,you dont think of the worst thing happening when your car is at a shop, but for 2 years i think i would have double checked my insurance policy etc, like i said i understand where your coming from but keep your cool and just wait it out,courts will just make things take longer. Again keep your cool, there is no point making a thread that is a border line threat, less talk more walk my friend, just see what happens, any lawyer is going to tell you not to wait,its his job to get you in court
Old 05-15-2012, 07:30 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Technicly the OP shouldn't need insurance at all since his car was in a shop. Josh hit a real bad situation that alot of us shops have had to deal with - Dropped insurance for no reason at all. Happened to us.They dropped us for no reason at all (no claims in the 3 years of ussing them) gave us 30 days but it takes 2-3 months to get another insurance if your lucky. Sad part is if insurance is not covering anything you have to watch out.A nasty alarm system should be in place and it's good to get out as many cars as possible for a lower value in the shop. Live and learn.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TheLS1Lover
You're right, it was only 19-20 months.

I was never told it was a money issue. I don't give it unless asked. In fact, I paid upfront, for all parts and labor.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:36 PM
TECH Addict

Unhappy

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Yeah op i dont see your point, i almost feel your thread is a threat, listen i understand how you feel, its a bad deal, im sure josh will make it right its just going to take time. Yes i would be frustrated and mad , your at the breaking point, i would give josh the time he asked for and see by the end of 60 days what the deal is, but i will add 2 years is a very,very long time to have your car somewhere,you dont think of the worst thing happening when your car is at a shop, but for 2 years i think i would have double checked my insurance policy etc, like i said i understand where your coming from but keep your cool and just wait it out,courts will just make things take longer. Again keep your cool, there is no point making a thread that is a border line threat, less talk more walk my friend, just see what happens, any lawyer is going to tell you not to wait,its his job to get you in court
Seems like everyone forms there own judgement. The litigation process was directed towards the insurance co.

I had no need to "check" on my insurance. I left it on, even when Josh told me it wasn't needed. To be up front, not notifying me, the customer, that his insurance was not active, robbed me of the ability to ensure coverage on added items. As stated, I should have been notified immediately.

I've already stated that I agreed to give the guy the time he asked for. It seems like guys are quick to jump to his defence. Missing out that I never stated anything bad about him, or his work. Just stating the facts from my perspective. Take from it what you will. Being quiet doesn't give me piece of mind that one of you might make the mistake I did.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:42 PM
TECH Addict

Sorry, I'm not the type to sweep **** under the rug. Really would just love to have my money back, and move on in life. Seems like the easiest way to sweep the last 2 years under the rug.

If you get that I hate dealing with insurance ****, then you get the point. Cover your cars, because no one else will.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man, I hate it for the shop, but I would be more than mad if I paid for parts and labor up front and my **** took 2 years!!!!! I don't buy for one minute that no one else on here wouldn't be mad in the same situation. Again, he said he paid for all labor and parts up front, nothing should take 2 years. He has been patient.

With that said, if the guy asked for 60 days to make it right, **** what's another 30 days. I would bet your the top priority since all your **** was paid for.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Will someone please lock this piece of **** thread. It's pointless and doesn't help anything.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:07 AM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up

2 Years ... I would of had legal representation the same day the break in occurred and i was told my parts were stolen.
Everyone on here with this "Chill ... Josh is a good guy....blah, blah, blah..." are just one mis-guided "trust in the nice guy" incident away from understanding just how evil people can become when money is involved. Anything financial or with the potential to be financial related TO YOU needs to have some sort of legal representation along with it. I'm willing to bet, everyone here who lives in anything outside of a cave has signed a mortgage, a lease or even a "promise to pay amount" if you're staying short term housing.
You all have some sort of insurance (in most cases) and things of the like. All those things are in place to use in case LEGAL means are pursued in the future.
Original poster, good call on the Lawyer ... Better late than never.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know when I purchased my kit back in August, it was pay up front.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ta02zx10r
Will someone please lock this piece of **** thread. It's pointless and doesn't help anything.
Why??? The OP is just letting his frustration out. I'm sure if you paid someone up front for a service, and after two years you got robbed and had no service rendered you would be pissed too. Seems to me like you're just leg humping and not looking at both sides of the situation.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:28 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

I think Josh should have told Harold that his shop insurance policy was cancelled, then Harold would have had the opportunity to either add to his insurance policy or pull the car. That's what I hope I'd hear from a shop if I had a car somewhere.

Some of us go way back, like 98-99. I've known Harold since '99.

I'd really like to see some parts going his way soon. Two years is a long time.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:19 PM
LC
TECH Resident

I just wish Josh a quick recovery... I have some money there too...
Old 05-16-2012, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No,I'm not just some by-stander who knows nothing about this. I was a customer long before any of you. My kit took time to build as well. Granted I wasn't involved with this incident that happened here in march but my kit took a while to build. I paid for it up front just like you guys and I got my kit just like you will. I have a kit that fits so damn good that it freakin amazes me on how the hell he did it. He doesn't have all the accessories and power steering rack ect on that clip but everything is arranged as if it was meant to be there. I couldn't be happier. As for the douche bag that suggests the leg humping can fly a kite. I'll be a repeat customer in the future so I'm trying to help out with a situation that is potentially bad publicity. Loose lips sink ships guys. It's clear that the people making these statements aren't business owners and if you are your business probably suffers because of your river mouth. Use your brain before you talk. This thread is doing nothing to solve the situation. He's down but not out. Don't kick him while he's down. If he never communicated with you and never offered to resolve this then I could see your point but he isn't flying the coupe. I feel that the hoopla is premature. I don't think that all is being told about the two year stint that is going on. I think that there's some underlying information that isn't being disclosed and I believe that Josh might just be staying quiet since there really isn't any point in discussing it. Not saying that it's true. Just a hunch. Anyways good luck to all and I hope that everything turns out for all parties. I sure it will.

Quick Reply: Update on my KY turbo build..since break in.