Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Update on my KY turbo build..since break in.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 09:31 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alex good point, i have worked for myself the past 8 years, i have seen alot of people change when money is involved, for the guys that are screwed right now i feel for ya, i honest would prob be doing the same thing in your shoes,i hope it works out, im sure it will, im sorry that this happend to all you guys, it sucks, and when nice weather comes around it sucks more,
Old 05-16-2012, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure if he could write all of his customer's checks for services paid and not rendered and parts paid for and not delivered, he would. But as a small business owner I know it's never that cut and dry unless you're a baller. Putting him out of business to get your $$ is stupid for a few reasons:

1) It will take YEARS to do anyway, and since he doesn't have insurance, good luck recovering the money at all through the court system
2) Everyone else gets fucked out of not only what they've paid/put into it but any future benefit is lost as well...

As long as he's being HONEST with you then I don't see what the harm is in giving him some time...
Old 05-16-2012, 10:21 PM
Banned

This will be my only Post in this thread:

Lets set this straight for everyone. Seems like there are a few who what to stir the pot and a few that offer support. Then there are those that Matter. Namely Harold and Myself in this thread.

The break in has cause alot of frustrations on everyone who was involved part. I have several customers who were affected by this whole ordeal. Several more so than Harold. Not to add to or take away from anyone who was affected.

Brass Tax is, I have alot of people to take care of. Alot to recover from. Alot of hard lessons learned. While I see this thread for what it is regardless of how it has been stated for what it is for, I understand why it is here. Harold had insurance that is not covering him. I had a raw deal with Business insurance as well due to wanting to expand my shop. I got dropped for no reason. I was in the long drawn out process of getting it taken care of.

Bad Timing, Bad Luck, or Bad Whatever... It happened. It is up to me to deal with it. I have refused to Bail on those affected like many have done in the past. I contacted everyone of my customers and let them know the situation. I posted in Openly in the Forums. Made it Public. I didn't hide behind the idea of closing the doors and calling it quits. I talked to my attorney to see what options I had. They were not ones I liked the idea of.

At the end of the day it is up to me to make things right. I am working my *** off to see that it happens. Lawyers and all that bull **** are threats that do not go far with me. Look across the board and see what shops are Incorporated like mine is. They are like that for a reason. Protection. A sticker on the Door and a Website doesn't mean much when **** hits the fan.

As it stands right now I am working out options to get everyone affected taken care of. It is a time consuming and expensive process. It isn't going to happen over night. It will happen though. As long as everyone remains level headed. I don't look forward to getting backed into any corners I am already in. Threads like this are solely for venting, trashing, and sometimes informative. At the end of the day they cost shop's such as mine business, that leads to profits used to fix the situation.

My number hasn't changed. Its in my signature below, along with my address. I am not hiding. I don't need too.

This is for Harold and me to work out and deal with. No one else.

Harold I understand you frustrations. I am there myself.
For those supporting me, Thanks.
For the Haters, You all do what you do.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amen.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

man...best of luck to you josh...i know from what ive seen and heard youll make things right! Its a shitty deal and i hope you get back on your feet from this...******* ******** should be hung from there *****...you have to be a true scumbag to do something like that! again josh, i know your a hell of a stand up guy. best of luck through this
Old 05-16-2012, 11:16 PM
TECH Addict

Thread is closed.

Thanks for posting Josh. Easy for **** to get twisted, as it was directed at my frustrations at the insurance, and litigation toward them. I really don't care if I get a dime from them, not expecting to, it's about principle at this point.

I'm not trying to ruin your business, or you reputation. Just frustrated at the wait and the situation in general. I've even considered getting a new mustang. I must be really fucked up.

I'm open to working it out. As far as I'm concerned, thread can be closed. I'm done posting in it. Harold.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Id like to see a live feed of the criminals being caught and beat....
Old 05-16-2012, 11:42 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Best of luck and give me a call if you are delivering cars out my way, and thanks for bringing out that one engine for me from Kurt that one time.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:47 AM
On The Tree

Well put josh!!!!!! Josh treated me great on my turbo kit he is a stand up guy and is proving it buy taking care of this him self not many many would even try!!! Many have come and gone and he is still here so now lets show some support for josh (kytp) who has bult some of the badest turbo kits
Old 05-17-2012, 11:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

Best of luck OP & Josh.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:35 PM
10 Second Club

I have been working with Josh for a long *** time. he is a friend of mine. And the one thing i know about him is that there is NO ONE more stand up then him. OP he will take care of you. trust me.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:08 PM
9 Second Club

Tough situation for both. Both car owner and speed shop owner didn't have insurance or full insurance for various reasons. Lots of lessons to be learned by both for sure.

My Wife sells specialty insurance for modified auto's. And guess what I was her first customer. Not because of theft (never thought of that) but of other drivers out there who are completely underinsured or not insured at all.

If I ever leave my car at a speed shop again I'm definitely going to ask them in writing if they have up to date insurance. I'll also ask that they notify me if they lose their insurance and I'll get my car the hell out of there until that's resolved.

Hindsight is always 20 20. But this is definitely a wake up call for other car nuts like me as well as shop owners. I'm the President of a car club and for that reason I carry a 1M dollar personal liability policy. The club is incorporated (just like a shop would normally be) but I won't risk my home on a potential mistake.

In any case good luck to both parties. Don't adandon each other yet. Work it out. When the lawyers get involved........everyone loses.

Figure out what you need to get the car running again. Maybe you're not that far off and can help each other figure out a temporary solution to give each other time.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

Ha... I waited for over 2 yrs to get my 383 stroker done at the old HPE in Houston and ended up having to grab a flight from my home in NY to get the parts (scattered all over with no ID on them) and my rolling chassis(since they had pulled the motor and disassembled it). I still have all the emails and the phone records where I asked repeatedly for an ETA. Originally, I was told things like "soon" and "almost ready". Two years from the date they picked it up from my house on their wrecker, I flew down to Houston and I had to take a truck and trailer to get the chassis and a pickup truck to get the motor from Erik (Erik and Chuck parted ways) from another location. The motor was supposed to be a balanced 383 solid roller with new crank, forged pistons and H-beam forged rods. The shortblock was supposedly done. In reality, It didn't have the oil lifter gallery freeze plugs in it, the crank counterweights struck the canton oil pan and it WASN'T balanced. This last one wasn't apparent until I started the engine. Several months later, I had a local speed shop take it apart and check the balance of the rotating assembly. 24 grams out of balance... Don't think it can't happen....

Originally Posted by 2000RATA
I want to know how it takes 2 years to get any amount of work done? Did you keep changing your mind mid build and cause a complete redesign?
Old 05-17-2012, 09:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Josh you are a good man, father and business owner.

I wish you didn't have to be in this situation.

The car is working great btw. The suspension works so well even with the nitrous all I have to do is adjust shock settings and it goes straight as an arrow even with the front tires 4' off the ground.

Thanks for all you do for our LSx community.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:01 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

This could be easily resolved.. This is a forum where everyone unites and is a "family" to help out each other correct? Well is what we should do is start up a fund for this. With almost 209,000 members, if everyone donates just $1 then everyone wins. I'd be the first one to donate $1 to this fund!! Everyone else gets donations for hurricane and tornado relief deals, why not this?
Old 05-18-2012, 09:10 AM
10 Second Club

Id be down to donate, lets fix this and see a few more badass cars in the road. Josh, maybe you can talk to the head people on ls1 tech and get this going. I hate to see your and your family go through this crap and hate to see any one get screwed out of their hard earned money.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:09 AM
10 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I'd donate a few too
Old 05-18-2012, 11:18 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Taubr Unit
This could be easily resolved.. This is a forum where everyone unites and is a "family" to help out each other correct? Well is what we should do is start up a fund for this. With almost 209,000 members, if everyone donates just $1 then everyone wins. I'd be the first one to donate $1 to this fund!! Everyone else gets donations for hurricane and tornado relief deals, why not this?
I'm down for 10 bucks here.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:23 AM
10 Second Club

I wonder bottom line how much money was lost. We could probably make it up quickly and it wouldn't effect any of us at all. Then we could back to seeing badass KYTP setups.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:28 AM
10 Second Club

I'm pretty sure when Josh first posted up about the break in that he listed the price of each of the items that were stolen.

Even if he didn't list the price the list read full of basically pro mod billet wheel turbo's ranging from 60mm to 106mm, BS3's, Holley Dominator's, more BS3's more Holley ****, More billet turbo's, X275 88mm turbo's, multi thousand dollar hand guns and rifles etc.

I'd guesstimate anywhere between 75k-150k in loss.

Quick Reply: Update on my KY turbo build..since break in.