Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

blow thru carb guys need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blow thru carb guys need some advice

I went to the dyno today and ran into an issue I'm not sure on how to fix. the car would not pull over 5500rpms which is were I felt it was lagging at the strip. it shows to go off the chart lean. so with a few passes and 2 carbs later all with the same results. it has plenty of fuel pressure from the a1000 pump 30+psi my concern is needle and seat. I have a .130 installed with 1 feed line per bowl. its sucking my bowls dry during a run. it made 650whp going off the chart lean @18psi boost. I was thinking about putting .150 needle n seat in and trying that. I've seen some custom bowls with dual needle n seats and dual feed lines per bowl. what are you guys doing to feed your bowls with enough fuel? My plans are little over 800hp total.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Standard single feed and needles/seats shouldnt have a problem at 650whp! Are you running a power valve? You might try blocking it and running bigger jets to make up for it and see if that is where the problem is. Im not saying permanently remove the pv, just remove it to see if thats the problem. You'll have to jump way up in jet size on that bowl to make up for it. Make sure your bowl vents arent obstructed too. Is the boost reference on the regulator definitely working?
Old 10-13-2012, 08:01 AM
On The Tree

Ya the boost ref is working good. its got the fuel pressure it needs. we took a flash light and watched the bowls during a run and it sucks the fuel below the glass quickly. it has perfect a/f till 5800/6000 and then its instant lean. so the bowls are def being sucked dry. I would say its robbing 50hp as is. I tried a 1st gear to high gear pull I got a 2spd powerglide and I barely got into high gear 5000ish rpms and it was lean and out of fuel. I don't see the pv as the issue of sucking bowls dry?
Old 10-13-2012, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I figured you were theorizing them going dry, you seeing them actually go dry nullifies all my ideas

Is this e85 or gasoline? I cant imagine the single inlet doesnt flow enough for gasoline and 650whp but Im probably wrong. Youd be best serverd posting this in carb forum on ttf, you'll probably get a solution pretty quickly.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

Ya we actually watched them go dry so that's why I'm looking in the needle n seat area lol. its on 110 race gas. I'm not a member on many forums. I hardly ever have issues I can't fix. figured someone would lead me in the right direction.

Quick Reply: blow thru carb guys need some advice