LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Forced Induction (https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction-9/)
-   -   What is the 2nd most powerful car mod after superchargers/turbos? (https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/1593931-what-2nd-most-powerful-car-mod-after-superchargers-turbos.html)

Freefallin 10-18-2012 06:49 PM

What is the 2nd most powerful car mod after superchargers/turbos?

I hear the grand daddy of all mods is a forced induction like a supercharger or a turbocharger. I was wondering...what comes 2nd in line?

I want to add more HP to my car and i've been looking into some MODS. Every time i want to install a MOD i hear "you will not see much difference with that only".
Like i wanted to change the exhaust system and i hear that it wouldn't do much cause that will allow the car to breath out easier but there will have to something to make it breath in more.... (or something like that).
Then i thought of CAI....and i was told that it wouldn't do much difference on a stock engine.

So before i get a supercharger i would like to start with the next best thing...or things. Any advice?

Car:
2003 Holden Commodore V6 3.8.

sdele 10-18-2012 06:56 PM

supercharger + headers is a great power maker and simple. turbos are tricky...

Stumped1215 10-18-2012 07:08 PM

Why not sell it and get a v8? Not much use modding a car that you dont plan on keeping.

cmac06 10-18-2012 07:39 PM

NOS or oxygenated fuel, cylinder heads, cam, bigger motor. It depends. Seen all motor cars making more power than FI cars. The whole idea is to move more air, so push it in, leave the intake open longer or get a bigger cup. Then add fuel accordingly. I started with CAI, but not a lot of bang for the buck, but it sure did look purdy (inlet temps went up). Ads headers and larger exhaust, now she sounds good but WTF 5 lbs of torque.

zacht 10-18-2012 07:48 PM

high compression and high dollar bottom end parts...spin it up!!!

Orange99Z 10-18-2012 08:13 PM

What is the 2nd most powerful car mod after superchargers/turbos?

Smaller pulley/more boost lol

Think of an engine as an air pump, anything to get air in & out easier makes it run better. Headers & exhaust will help. Cam & head work if you're going inside the engine. Power is made in the topend of an engine, you just build the bottomend to handle the abuse. Maybe wait on the cai if you're set on a supercharger because they may not work together. You might not notice much difference with one thing but a good combination of parts is what you're after. Upgrade the fuel system then get it tuned and throw boost at it.

JRENIGAR 10-18-2012 08:16 PM

A cam for forced induction, plain and simple.

pnykillerz28ls1 10-18-2012 09:27 PM

if you have the stock exhaust i would up grade that first and then when you put the supercharger on you wont have the stock exhaust restricting you. thats if your set on keeping the v6 personally i would swap a v8 in would be a big improvement and then when your tired of that boost it and have way more potential

soop 10-18-2012 10:51 PM

Never mind guys, we have an Australian forum called "Just Commodores" it's where we keep all our dribbling idiots.

Just smile and nod and I'll call his carer.

MJs1FastSS 10-19-2012 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by soop (Post 16822917)
Never mind guys, we have an Australian forum called "Just Commodores" it's where we keep all our dribbling idiots.

yeah the commadores are like hondas out there every one has them unless its a hsv commadore (pontiac g8 style), I was in brisbane for 10 months and got very fond of the v8 supercar scene.

On that motor if youre gunna run a blower to it , put some headers and exhaust on it and call it a day! you might be able to keep up with those ford falcons xr6 and utes that roam

pnykillerz28ls1 10-19-2012 11:37 AM

hahahaha

I8UR4RD 10-19-2012 07:26 PM

n20...

Boo"SS"t 10-20-2012 10:07 AM

:funny: