Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Attention all KY-Turbo Customers, Supporters, and Friends:

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 10:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel for you guys, It's easy to forget it's money from working earned a dollar at a time.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:48 PM
Launching!

Never bought anything from the place and glad of it. Kept my money all local. That being said I feel for you guys and could not even imagine. Unbelievable.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:48 PM
TECH Regular

That sucks to hear for all the customers, what a ******** to rob them of thier hard earned money. That's why im glad i had Turbo Joe@straightline aka Ttranssam build mine.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by craig382ci
I gave almost $22,000 for parts and services. That money never went towards what it was suppose to be used for..
get legal advise and get with other members that are in the same boat, an S-corp or LLC isn't bullet proof.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nxfirebird
get legal advise and get with other members that are in the same boat, an S-corp or LLC isn't bullet proof.
he was prolly s-corp...ive got a buddy looking into it!
Old 12-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CHRIS'S 98 SS
To add to this story about this so called stand up guy, I placed my turbo kit order 2 weeks after the break in and was told it would take a month to make since the big builds stopped because of parts stolen from his shop. After a month my car goes to a engine builder to sit outside with no motor waiting for my kit so a motor can be built. I called him once a month and got it will take another month. Well hurricane Issiac came and flooded my car. Now it's totaled and I have no car or kit. I told josh all of this and wanted a refund or the kit so I can sell it to get my money back. I was assured everything was fine and that it would take time. That's in September!!! How long does it take to build a kit? Now after a month of him not calling me back I see this **** posted. I could go on about what I really know but won't. I just hope people don't fall for his new business that he personally told me two months ago he was going to get in the chassis game. Hint the new name for the business. Some how he is affiliated with it unlike what Ryan said, it was his business. Don't fall for it and tell other boards what he has done.
Chris, I can't answer for what went down with KY-Turbo and everyone. It's a bad deal for all parties, and you all have the right to be pissed. I don't want the start of my business to end before it starts just because Im starting out in the building that KY-Turbo was in. Josh helped me build the page on FB, and sent invites to people who he knew to help me out. Josh warned me that this would getting shitty for me and RaceFab and apologized before hand. I work full time and I have been working on my car in my free time so I can use it as advertising. If I need to pack my stuff back up and find a different location so their in no affiliation between the 2 shops then I will.
Guys I can't imagine; those effected; what your going though , I know I would be pissed also.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:09 PM
On The Tree

You better move, all I can say is on Facebook josh posted the new site and his buddies said that they can't wait to see what he turns out "meaning josh" turns out. I followed it close then he deleted his face book of the old shop then his but posted that he would be doing chassis work if anyone needs it. You are not being truthful. It's a good thing I videoed the posts as proof. Once I post that what will you have to say?
Old 12-03-2012, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CHRIS'S 98 SS
To add to this story about this so called stand up guy, I placed my turbo kit order 2 weeks after the break in and was told it would take a month to make since the big builds stopped because of parts stolen from his shop. After a month my car goes to a engine builder to sit outside with no motor waiting for my kit so a motor can be built. I called him once a month and got it will take another month. Well hurricane Issiac came and flooded my car. Now it's totaled and I have no car or kit. I told josh all of this and wanted a refund or the kit so I can sell it to get my money back. I was assured everything was fine and that it would take time. That's in September!!! How long does it take to build a kit? Now after a month of him not calling me back I see this **** posted. I could go on about what I really know but won't. I just hope people don't fall for his new business that he personally told me two months ago he was going to get in the chassis game. Hint the new name for the business. Some how he is affiliated with it unlike what Ryan said, it was his business. Don't fall for it and tell other boards what he has done.
how long does it take to build a kit? sounds familiar... mine originally was "oh thats a easy kit, itll be 4 MAYBE 6 weeks". 16-18 weeks later i had some pieces and a bunch of lies. listening to 10 weeks of itll only be another week got kinda funny (lol once a week i called for updates, because he kept telling me it would be done in a week lol). needless to say i got everything and never had any worries about being ripped off but i had zero trust in what was coming out of his mouth at that point. i didnt post anything on tech about my shitty experience because of all the nut swingers.... it woulda been pointless. im very happy with it now that i have it and dont have any ill feelings towards him. im over it. i guess im only posting this to get it off my chest once and for all and to realize i wasnt alone...

anyways. it is very shitty to continue to takes peoples money when you know youre going down. seems thats how all turbo companies associated ls1's end. a bunch of people outta money at the end of the line.

Last edited by got-a-ls1; 12-04-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I thought the whole point of doing business with sponsors was the confidence of knowing you were dealing with a trustworthy company.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

how about getting something together to help the people that got screwed, like the people that got together to help josh... maybe a trusted admin on this site could set something up. im sure people wouldnt get everything back, every little bit helps.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:26 PM
10 Second Club

Wow, I wish the best to all those involved
Old 12-03-2012, 11:36 PM
11 Second Club

In my opinion all those who donated to josh to help including myself i guess now lol are hurt by this aswell. He took advantage of people knowingly and that **** aint right
Old 12-03-2012, 11:47 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Reminds me of OFI all over again...
Old 12-03-2012, 11:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Brian @ KYTP
If you paid via credit card, paypal, etc...do a chargeback!
By you posting this. It basically means Josh doesn't plan to pay money back or help people get money back.

That's shitty. I got fucked by Six Speed inc. and joe (Edward) went to LMR for ever followed by now has his own shop and I'm still out my money and the physical trany I sent them.

This is terrible.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by westtexasbuff
Reminds me of OFI all over again...
No ****. Lol.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Isnt Bernie Madoff in jail?
Old 12-03-2012, 11:59 PM
10 Second Club

Didn't he post some pics of a tube bender and some tubes he bought?
Old 12-04-2012, 12:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man this sounds bad, 22000 is nuts and I personally would either be driving or on a plan to show up in person, that is crazy and I feel terrible for all of you. Hope this gets sorted out.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:03 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm speechless. That is all I can say. My kit took 7 months to get when I ordered it, but other than the wait I had no issues. I know better now. I've been taking my business to Turbo Joe aka Joe@straightline aka ttransam. And to think I was going to call Josh up about a month ago to order a pt7675. Glad I didn't go that route.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:21 AM
Staging Lane

Crooks are crooks.... karma will come back around on him. It always seem to

Quick Reply: Attention all KY-Turbo Customers, Supporters, and Friends: